Escape - bed size/mini suite

Maddysdaddy

Hi all. Was just looking on the NCL website to see if they had updated the square footage description for the mini suites (specifically M6) , and in the room descriptions, it says that two beds are pulled together to make a Queen.

Am I going crazy, or did the description not used to say that the bed was King size?

I love my wife, but I have a feeling with me being such a restless insomniac, sharing a Queen rather than a King might well result in me being banished to a lounger on the balcony all night. ;)

Hi all. Was just looking on the NCL website to see if they had updated the square footage description for the mini suites (specifically M6) , and in the room descriptions, it says that two beds are pulled together to make a Queen.

Am I going crazy, or did the description not used to say that the bed was King size?

I love my wife, but I have a feeling with me being such a restless insomniac, sharing a Queen rather than a King might well result in me being banished to a lounger on the balcony all night. ;)

RCCL is a king ... maybe that's what you were thinking of? I wish it was a king!

On the TA (travel agent) site I use it describes M6 mini-suites as having a king size bed! The NCL site describes all mini suites as having queen. I was thinking of booking one of these mini suites because of the large balcony and the king size bed but had concerns about motion, being so far forward, and noise being just above the theater. I would check with NCL for confirmation on the bed size!

There was a discussion about this here within the past year. I recall someone actually measured and posted the measurements. It seems the bed size was in between a king and a queen.

We sleep in a queen bed at home, and the bed in our balcony cabin on Escape was definitely larger than that. Definitely. However, I can't say if it was a large as a king.

Two twin beds pushed together makes a "Short King" It is called this because the width is the same as a King, but it is shorter by a few inches.

6&8

Same site, to dif mini suites. I am not saying it's true but why would they have a dif description?

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony (Suite)

Starting From $x,xxx.xx

Located mid-ship with easy access to everything, these Mini-Suites feature two lower beds that convert to a queen-size bed and additional bedding to accommodate up to 2 guests. Sleeps up to four.

Mini-Suite with Large Balcony (Suite)

Starting From $x,xxx.xx

Featuring a king-size bed and additional bedding to accommodate 1 or 2 guests and a balcony, these Mini-Suites also offer amazing views. There are also some connecting staterooms. Sleeps up to four.

Its really pretty simple, a King bed is 76 x 80 a Queen is 60 x 80 a Twin is 38 x 75. Two twins together is the same width as a King.........5 inches short........Another wise known as a Short King

Edited by Laszlo

Because it is 2 twins pushed together, if you move, she shouldn't feel it....since it's 2 different mattresses! Stay on your side, and you'll be fine!

Fingers crossed...

The phrase "I love you, but if you don't stop (moving around/kicking the sheets off/pulling the sheets up/snoring/sighing/having the volume on the radio too loud), I promise that no jury will ever convict me" applies to her feelings about sharing a bed smaller than a King with me.