Pinnacle Reservations

Tom O.

I haven't cruised on HAL for a few years. I am booked on Nieu Amsterdam for a 11 day So. Caribbean cruise. I want to dine at least once in the Pinnacle Grill. I am not interested Le Cirque. I have a couple of questions.

1. How far in advance can I make my reservation for the Pinnacle Grill? My cruise is more than a year away and right now it is too early. But I think I want to make reservations as soon as possible so that I can choose any night.

2 What nights would be best to eat at the Pinnacle? I don't want to miss a special diner at the Main Dining Room. Assuming that formal night has a special dinner at the MDR, how do I find out which nights are formal?

Any suggestions are welcome.

I haven't cruised on HAL for a few years. I am booked on Nieu Amsterdam for a 11 day So. Caribbean cruise. I want to dine at least once in the Pinnacle Grill. I am not interested Le Cirque. I have a couple of questions.

1. How far in advance can I make my reservation for the Pinnacle Grill? My cruise is more than a year away and right now it is too early. But I think I want to make reservations as soon as possible so that I can choose any night.

2 What nights would be best to eat at the Pinnacle? I don't want to miss a special diner at the Main Dining Room. Assuming that formal night has a special dinner at the MDR, how do I find out which nights are formal?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Hard to predict formal nights but usually on sea days or days you leave port early, never 1st or last night. If a set cruise that is repeated, you can ask an earlier cruisers about the actual days for formal nights then book on line. When you get to your cabin, you will find a list of ports and gala nights to help with the decision. I have never had a problem getting a reservation by just walking up to the podium early in the cruise and setting one up. Do know that with the included PG dinner with some booking perks, it is a bit more difficult.

The 2nd night is almost always a Gala night, and the next is 3 or 4 days later. Tell us your N.A. departure date and we can make some educated guesses.

edit: if you sail 1/18/17 I would guess your Gala nights are 1/19, 1/22, and 1/27.

On a cruise for us just under a year away reservations are already open for all 3 specialty restaurants.

:)

Edited by catl331

The 2nd night is almost always a Gala night, and the next is 3 or 4 days later. Tell us your N.A. departure date and we can make some educated guesses.

My departure is not until Jan 18, 2017. So I have plenty of time to deal with this.

your credit card will be charged up front but you will get an OBC for the dinner after you are at the Pinnacle. Same if you get a 3or4* discount. There will be a credit to you. We usually book it for the 3rd night as it's usually the least interesting dinner.