Roll Out of New Hal Initiative for Each Ship

LAFFNVEGAS

Thank you Lisa... This explains the reason the Veendam dropped off the schedule the first of April before our cruise. Looks like only the Lido Market and New York Pizza are to be added. Do you know what the Pinnacle changes are since I can't read all of it?

so what is Lido Market?

Basically the Lido renamed and a little different signage. The major difference I guess is they now offer some food to-go.

Salads are no longer make-yourself, they have an attendant to put in what you request.

Thanks for the update Lisa. Interesting to note that the Maasdam, Veendam, Amsterdam, and Prinsendam are not scheduled to receive many of the entertainment and suite enhancements.

It's probably a space issue.

Basically the Lido renamed and a little different signage. The major difference I guess is they now offer some food to-go.

Salads are no longer make-yourself, they have an attendant to put in what you request.

Bingo. That's it in a nutshell.

I just cruised for 39 days with the "new & improved" renamed Lido, and "renamed" is at best what is offered. It's not really different from the "stations" concept, except there were no made-to-order sandwiches, and salads were made to order for you.

You still have to go hither & yon to gather whatever you want for your meal.

I really prefer to make my own salad. It's all I have for lunch and the servers don't put in the amounts I like of each item. They also drown the salad in dressing.

I am guessing the change is for sanitary reasons as you do see some terrible practices taking place at the self serve salad bar.

the servers don't put in the amounts I like of each item. They also drown the salad in dressing.

I'm sure you're already aware but you can ask for more of anything you would like, and you can certainly ask for the dressing on the side or tell them to add it slowly because you don't want too much. Staff is always happy to accommodate any request

I really prefer to make my own salad. It's all I have for lunch and the servers don't put in the amounts I like of each item. They also drown the salad in dressing.

I am guessing the change is for sanitary reasons as you do see some terrible practices taking place at the self serve salad bar.

I am sure this is for health reasons - an attempt to reduce noro-virus infections. I once caught the noro-virus on the Norwegian Star, and I am sure it was after having a salad in the buffet. I was terribly sick.

Lisa, Jacqui uses Tapatalk. It makes posting pictures very easy.

I used Tapatalk as well to post the pictures, oddly even all my Live From photos were the same. The second time I posted I used photo bucket. I wonder if the difference is she uses her iPad, I am using my iPhone but it is a 6 plus :D

Bingo. That's it in a nutshell.

I just cruised for 39 days with the "new & improved" renamed Lido, and "renamed" is at best what is offered. It's not really different from the "stations" concept, except there were no made-to-order sandwiches, and salads were made to order for you.

You still have to go hither & yon to gather whatever you want for your meal.

Is the food still good in the renamed buffet?

I used Tapatalk as well to post the pictures, oddly even all my Live From photos were the same. The second time I posted I used photo bucket. I wonder if the difference is she uses her iPad, I am using my iPhone but it is a 6 plus :D

Yes she uses her iPad. I don't post many pictures but when I do I use Tapatalk on my iPad. I haven't tried it on the iPhone.

What I like seeing is that Sel De Maur will be added to the Vista Class and Signature Class but it states (Pop Up Restaurant) So I am guessing it will be something like Canaletto in the Lido :D WHere a portion will be sectioned off to be Sel De Maur or possibly even in the Main Dining Room :confused:

What I like seeing is that Sel De Maur will be added to the Vista Class and Signature Class but it states (Pop Up Restaurant) So I am guessing it will be something like Canaletto in the Lido :D WHere a portion will be sectioned off to be Sel De Maur or possibly even in the Main Dining Room :confused:

I've heard them call Le Cirque and De Lijberie pop-up restaurants on the ships before. So my thought is that it will be a night in the PG, maybe different decor and dishes and menu, but just using the PG as a host.

I've heard them call Le Cirque and De Lijberie pop-up restaurants on the ships before. So my thought is that it will be a night in the PG, maybe different decor and dishes and menu, but just using the PG as a host.

You are probably spot-on right. If they wanted, they could implement this as early as tonight, given the proper food ingredients were onboard. The fact that all of them are planned for "Summer" 2016, i.e. after initial implementation on the Koningsdam, seems to indicate they will all come onboard without needing a dry-dock.