Ship Security ....

dasania41

Not sure why you singled out my post but yes I think security on ships is quite good. As I said the weak point is many of the ports.

I didn't speak about airports nor was that part of the post unless I am missing something.

Keith

OMG Keith....I am sorry. I did not mean to quote you at all. That was an error. I was not going to quote ANYONE. This was sincerely a mistake. :(

Again, for all of the people that have bashed me because I was honest and said YES, I am concerned.......

I'm one of the people who quoted you in this thread. In no way, shape or form was I bashing you and I apologize if it sounded as though I was. More than anything, I was trying to set minds at ease by pointing out how difficult a target a cruise ship would be.

I'm not saying everyone should be concerned. What I am saying is, everyone should be aware. If you see something, say something.

Edited by Aquahound

I'm one of the people who quoted you in this thread. In no way, shape or form was I bashing you and I apologize if it sounded as though I was. More than anything, I was trying to set minds at ease by pointing out how difficult a target a cruise ship would be.

I'm not saying everyone should be concerned. What I am saying is, everyone should be aware. If you see something, say something.

Absolutely NOT. You were one of the kind people that understood what I was saying and came back with intelligent information. (AS ALWAYS). I actually respect most of what you post and ALWAYS read your replies to everyone. :) You also have a tendency to state facts and not opinions, so I therefore always listen to what you write.

I hope you and your family have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving. :):):)

Again, for all of the people that have bashed me because I was honest and said YES, I am concerned......a find it very difficult that you are not. I am not saying that it should keep one from traveling. As you can see in my signature, 9-11 has NOT kept me from cruising. We also fly at least once a year to AI'S.

Yes, the chances of a plane hitting a ship is remote. Yes, the chances of a suicide bomber getting on a ship is remote....but is it impossible? NO, it is not.

I'm a logical person rather than an emotional one, so the idea of "relative risk" tends to make me feel comfortable.

To give an example -- you state above that the chances of a plane hitting a ship are remote. That's true. The odds are probably more remote than getting struck by lightning. Do you spend a lot of time worrying about getting struck by lightning? Then logically, you shouldn't spend a lot of time worrying about this. :D

Very few things in this world are guaranteed to be 100% safe or "impossible." But we can drive ourselves crazy worrying about the ones that have an almost infinitesimal likelihood of ever affecting us.

From where I sit, it makes a lot more sense to buckle up when I drive, get a flu vaccine, and try to exercise and eat sensibly. These are the things that would significantly decrease my "risk" of dying -- at least for my age group.

:)

I'm a logical person rather than an emotional one, so the idea of "relative risk" tends to make me feel comfortable.

To give an example -- you state above that the chances of a plane hitting a ship are remote. That's true. The odds are probably more remote than getting struck by lightning. Do you spend a lot of time worrying about getting struck by lightning? Then logically, you shouldn't spend a lot of time worrying about this. :D

Very few things in this world are guaranteed to be 100% safe or "impossible." But we can drive ourselves crazy worrying about the ones that have an almost infinitesimal likelihood of ever affecting us.

From where I sit, it makes a lot more sense to buckle up when I drive, get a flu vaccine, and try to exercise and eat sensibly. These are the things that would significantly decrease my "risk" of dying -- at least for my age group.

:)

Good morning. I know that you are a kind person from many prior posts....but....lol......I feel like you are lecturing a little girl. I am old....lol. (gosh, that was hard to say). The question was are you concerned and I was one of the few that said yes. Of course I am concerned about ANY travel for ANYONE. I never stated I spend a lot of time worrying about this. As a matter of fact, I pretty much never think about it until the question was posted.

I actually think if you are not concerned, concerns me. Yes, I know the likelihood of getting hit by a bus is more likely to happen....but that was not the question..Nor getting hit by lightning. I do not worry about those things either.

I really think my statement is getting blown way out of proportion. I truly think being "concerned" is healthier than NOT being concerned AT ALL.

Okay everyone....go pick on someone else....okay?

Have a GREAT THANKSGIVING everyone....:):):)