Baby born on Independence is back home in Utah !

SRQfireman

The article says neither of his parents were on the flight with him. I wonder why?

One reason may be....

The helicopters have a weight limit and I bet they ensured they had all the necessary medical staff in place first.

wow the baby was transported to utah for free!!! that's incredible that the medevac operators offered their services for free. It often costs $25,000+ to medevac a patient and i would guess a premie is the costliest of all to transport.

That's very nice of them!!

Edited by alaska_planner

Didn't this happen a while back not recently?

Nope, apparently he was born on the August 31st cruise, they hauled tail to port, and he was flown to a hospital care center in Florida. They haven't been able to take him home to Utah until this week.

And they weren't all sure he'd get there before X-mas: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/premature-baby-born-cruise-ship-arrives-home-utah-35356191

The article says neither of his parents were on the flight with him. I wonder why?

I saw a report on the news about this and it had footage of them loading the baby in an incubator onto the airplane. There was probably not enough space for the parents. There was lots of medical staff and equipment.