Statendam ( now Pacific Eden) in Melbourne today

Bellair

The exterior looks basically unchanged. I wonder if they completed all the interior renovations as planned.

there are some albums floating around already and from what I could tell it looked done. The ship is stunning now.

Shame HAL couldn't figure out how to modernize the ships beautifully in the same way.

Just saw the new Pacific Eden and Pacific Aria on Sydney breakfast TV, being named by two Australian celebrities. They look beautiful and you would almost think they were still HAL ships externally, except for the funnels. There are five P&O ships in Sydney today, quite an historic event. I wouldn't mind doing a cruise on one of them (Aria or Eden) to see for myself what has been done to the interiors.

Ozcruizer

Just saw the new Pacific Eden and Pacific Aria on Sydney breakfast TV, being named by two Australian celebrities. They look beautiful and you would almost think they were still HAL ships externally, except for the funnels. There are five P&O ships in Sydney today, quite an historic event. I wouldn't mind doing a cruise on one of them (Aria or Eden) to see for myself what has been done to the interiors.

Ozcruizer

Did you happen to get the names of the Aussie godmothers?

Hey everyone! I have a favor to ask. I'm trying to look for the Statendam and Ryndam ship models that were sold onboard the ships in the gift shops. If anyone bought an extra one and are looking to sell it, I'm interested! I'll obviously reimburse you and pay for shipping and anything else needed. Please let me know! Thanks for your help!