Platinum dinner options

Beaver1975

On the Getawy (and others) Platinum Latitudes members can use their dinner certificate in Le Bistro, Moderno and La Cucina. On the a Escape, Le Bistro and La Cucina are a la caret and Moderno is $24.95. How does this affect Platinum members? What are their options?

On the Getawy (and others) Platinum Latitudes members can use their dinner certificate in Le Bistro, Moderno and La Cucina. On the a Escape, Le Bistro and La Cucina are a la caret and Moderno is $24.95. How does this affect Platinum members? What are their options?

You can go to Le Bistro and La Cucina and order one appetiser, entree and dessert.

You can't use Moderno for your Platinum meal.

Your platinum dinner certificate awaiting you in your cabin will show what the venue options are.

We used it in Moderno on Breakaway in August.

I guess it varies by ship, but your certificate will show you.

Edited by mizlorinj

• 1 month later...

We quickly read this thread with interest...

We will be on the Jewel shortly and have a couple of clarifying questions:

1) Is it possible to take the specified Le Bistro (La Cucina) credit and apply it to a different restaurant? (Teppanyaki or Cagney's or maybe even a general "dining credit"?)

2) Regarding the complimentary bottle of wine - has anyone had any success replacing the wine with an additional food item or two?

Any recent experiences relative to these issues would be appreciated.

We need a WARM Cruise soon!

Happy Cruising everyone!

1) Is it possible to take the specified Le Bistro (La Cucina) credit and apply it to a different restaurant? (Teppanyaki or Cagney's or maybe even a general "dining credit"?)

2) Regarding the complimentary bottle of wine - has anyone had any success replacing the wine with an additional food item or two?

1) I would very much doubt it as the docket clearly states where it may be used. You could ask but I don't think it will work.

2) Again I haven't tried but I did try to get it changed for something else, no go.

Mike

We used it twice Sep/Oct doing Quebec-Boston-Quebec. Is this another change?

Mike

My post was in relation to the Escape. Moderno costs $25 on the Escape and isn't included in the platinum meals offer. Whether this will go fleet wide with the new menus is speculation at the moment, although it is likely.

We used it twice Sep/Oct doing Quebec-Boston-Quebec. Is this another change?

Mike

We have never been able to use ours in Moderno. And with the changes my understanding is that the perk is only good now in Le Bistro and La Cucina.

We have never been able to use ours in Moderno. And with the changes my understanding is that the perk is only good now in Le Bistro and La Cucina.

I don't even think it's good now in La Cucina on the Escape as that's now a la carte.

Harriet

I don't even think it's good now in La Cucina on the Escape as that's now a la carte.

Harriet

On the Transatlantic, the la Cucjna was specifically stated as one of the places it could be used (along with Le Bistro).

We used a certificate there.

If being a la carte excluded a restaurant from being included then that would also rule out Le Bistro. :)

Correct, as per Lat. Rewards page:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/benefits-details

Please note: Ship pin and onboard discounts are available on all sailings. All other benefits are available on sailings 5 days or longer. Welcome Gift, Chocolate-Covered Strawberries and Sparkling Wine are delivered as one per stateroom. Le Bistro benefit can also be used at our Italian restaurant. For ships offering an a la carte menu at Le Bistro or our Italian restaurant, benefit entitles guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of their choice. Restrictions apply. Latitudes Rewards internet minutes cannot be combined with other internet promotional offers.

You can use your platinum dinner at Le bistro or La Cucina on the Escape. It used to be for dinners of $20 which both La Cucina, Moderno and Le Bistro qualified. Moderno has gone up, so you can't use it there anymore. And even though both La Cucina and Le Bistro are a la carte on the Escape, they had to let you use it somewhere.

Most all these changes are or will be rolled out to the fleet, it appears, ship by, through March of this year. I understand a few have already changed, but not sure which. Just keep your eyes open as to when the ship your on changes.

Here's what I think about that "one only" statement. It "gives the appearance of" (you've heard that haven't you...we used that thought frequently back during my career)....gives the appearance of pettiness.

That stated restriction (the rule) on only one appetizer needlessly just makes the atmosphere a bit uncomfortable. You're no longer a welcomed guest, but instead a customer who needs to be watched. First, not that many persons probably have more than one appetizer. But if they do, so what....the actual cost to NCL to provide maybe a salad along with soup is negligible. Either you're welcomed into my house to make yourself comfortable or silly rules for your behavior preclude you being a welcomed guest. NCL marketing should think about what this very minor cost to them does cost them in goodwill from their "guests". At least that's how I feel about it.

• 1 month later...
Here's what I think about that "one only" statement. It "gives the appearance of" (you've heard that haven't you...we used that thought frequently back during my career)....gives the appearance of pettiness.

That stated restriction (the rule) on only one appetizer needlessly just makes the atmosphere a bit uncomfortable. You're no longer a welcomed guest, but instead a customer who needs to be watched. First, not that many persons probably have more than one appetizer. But if they do, so what....the actual cost to NCL to provide maybe a salad along with soup is negligible. Either you're welcomed into my house to make yourself comfortable or silly rules for your behavior preclude you being a welcomed guest. NCL marketing should think about what this very minor cost to them does cost them in goodwill from their "guests". At least that's how I feel about it.

In Le Bistro (just got off the Jade and ate their twice, my wife and I so two vouchers.) The 1st evening we were allowed a starter, appetizer, entrée, & desert, the 2nd time when we tried to order both a starter & appetizer we were informed only one OR the other as the Latitudes Reward program now says. More petty restrictions on their best customers. (oh, also no ships pin this time either)

In Le Bistro (just got off the Jade and ate their twice, my wife and I so two vouchers.) The 1st evening we were allowed a starter, appetizer, entrée, & desert, the 2nd time when we tried to order both a starter & appetizer we were informed only one OR the other as the Latitudes Reward program now says. More petty restrictions on their best customers. (oh, also no ships pin this time either)

NCL has been restricting access to the ship pins for the last couple years. Always conflicting information about why. The bottom line is the bean counter realized NCL could save a nickel by not passing them out.

Charge the customer an extra nickel for something and save themselves a nickel with cutbacks. It's a win-win! ........for corporate

Edited by Love my butler

You now need to go to Guest Services to request your pin.

Harriet