Fort Lauderdale Luggage Storage

ecormier

We grab a cab and head to embassy suites on 17th street and leave our bags with the bell hop as if we are checking in there (just a few dollars):cool: Then catch the trolly for a Dollar and sight see. Stop for lunch, ect. Then go back pick up our bags and head to the airport. E.S. to the airport is about 12-15 min tops. We usually fly out late 6-8 pm.

We are planning a cruise that will have us departing from FLL around 7:00 pm. Any suggestions on what we can do with our luggage when departing the ship? Thanks!

Three alternatives that I can think of:

1. Rent a car and go sightseeing leaving your luggage in the trunk.
  2. If your airline participates, use the luggage valet program (straight from the ship to arrival at your home airport) but that still leaves you with your carry-ons.
  3. Take a cab to the airport and check your luggage at Bags to Go (http://www.bagstogo.net) in each terminal. If you are disembarking on a weekend, you can take the free sun trolley airport link (http://www.suntrolley.com) into town for the day. If it is a weekday, take a cab into town.

According to their website http://www.bagstogo.net will take luggage at the pier so you don't even have to go to the airport in person to drop it off. Usually we rent a car for the day to solve the luggage issue but now I'm thinking if I can get rid of the bags right at the pier I can just hop on the Sun Trolley and enjoy the day.

I would be interested in hearing more about the Sun Trolley. Our flight just got moved until after 4:00. Don't care to sit in the airport all day. Is it as easy as they make it sound to get around and not get stuck somewhere for an extended period w/o a ride back.

• 1 year later...
Three alternatives that I can think of:

1. Rent a car and go sightseeing leaving your luggage in the trunk.
  2. If your airline participates, use the luggage valet program (straight from the ship to arrival at your home airport) but that still leaves you with your carry-ons.
  3. Take a cab to the airport and check your luggage at Bags to Go (www.bagstogo.net) in each terminal. If you are disembarking on a weekend, you can take the free sun trolley airport link (www.suntrolley.com) into town for the day. If it is a weekday, take a cab into town.

Do you rent a car at the port?

Do you rent a car at the port?

Not at the port, but some have offices close to PE and offer shuttles; ever car rental agency is at the FLL airport location, which is under $10 from PE if using Uber and $15 or so if taking a taxi.

Just a quick note about the Sun Trolley. I messaged them and they said that the trolley to the airport only operates on Saturday. The website says both Saturday and Sunday. I would check and make sure that it is operational the day that you want to use it.