All Inclusive?

MikeBTN

So I've made it a habit of using the UK site because I can actually choose a stateroom category and see all available rooms in that category. I see they're offering all-inclusive packages and if I do my conversion correctly rates aren't really all that different than booking on the US site without the all-inclusive. All-inclusive means Select Beverage Package (or Royal Refreshment for minors) and free gratuities for all parties in the stateroom. Any indications of if they would honor it for US bookings??

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/cruise-deals/terms-and-conditions/#Go-all-inclusive

Hi, we book in the US and in the UK .I have never seen an all inclusive promotion through the US market but in the UK they have been offered frequently over the last couple of years including on Transatlantics.

Generally the all inclusive promotion is not available on guarantee cabin rates and the price is hiked up a little . We just booked a B2B for next December taking advantage of the all inclusive. It is nice knowing there is nothing else to pay once on board the ship except tips for bar staff.:)

Err these options are available in the US, it is just that you would purchase the Cruise, On board Service Charge and Drinks Packages as seperate items when booking. Trust me as a person that views both websites UK cruisers get equally frustrated with our website. In the US you get various price reductions that are not shown on our site, Over 55s, Ex Military and Residents Discounts.

As a so called international company it is insulting that any potential military discounts are not offered to all that serve within the client base area. After all those that do often stand along side each other in battle.

Although the truth is that few things are ever free, sure Tips and Drinks might get included in packages, but they are not Free, just included in the price, which is upped to include the cost. It is Royals way of ensuring they get maximum spend per head from those cruising, and as a business I don't blame them for that.

However the down side is that such bookings cannot be discounted for those that do not drink, some people end up paying for a drinks package they would never use.

I prefer to have the more "a la carte" pricing, where I choose my own options :eek:

Wish Royal would offer these types of perks/options in North America......
Edited by ChipLondon

Err these options are available in the US, it is just that you would purchase the Cruise, On board Service Charge and Drinks Packages as seperate items when booking.

Although the truth is that few things are ever free, sure Tips and Drinks might get included in packages, but they are not Free, just included in the price, which is upped to include the cost.

I understand Royal having different offerings......companies all around the world do this. I also understand enticing Europeans with an offer like this because otherwise its very expensive to fly over to the US for a Caribbean cruise, so this gets their headcount up. Just did a comparison for the same interior room:

UK Site - Category M Interior Stateroom #3549, 1,070.00 British Pounds -> $1,615.88 in US dollars at today's conversion rate. Includes taxes & port fees, Royal Select Package (costs $47 US per day per day), and gratuities.

US Site - Category M Interior Stateroom #3551, $2,061.32 incl taxes & port fees. Includes a $100 OBC, so "net" price is $1,961.32. Also includes free VOOM internet for one device ($15/day)

The UK offer is a WAY better deal. US price is over $150 more pp and does not include gratuities or drink package. Thus the initial post.

I understand Royal having different offerings......companies all around the world do this. I also understand enticing Europeans with an offer like this because otherwise its very expensive to fly over to the US for a Caribbean cruise, so this gets their headcount up. Just did a comparison for the same interior room:

UK Site - Category M Interior Stateroom #3549, 1,070.00 British Pounds -> $1,615.88 in US dollars at today's conversion rate. Includes taxes & port fees, Royal Select Package (costs $47 US per day per day), and gratuities.

US Site - Category M Interior Stateroom #3551, $2,061.32 incl taxes & port fees. Includes a $100 OBC, so "net" price is $1,961.32. Also includes free VOOM internet for one device ($15/day)

The UK offer is a WAY better deal. US price is over $150 more pp and does not include gratuities or drink package. Thus the initial post.

I may be wrong...but something to consider....I think bookings made through the UK site have non-refundable deposits.

I may be wrong...but something to consider....I think bookings made through the UK site have non-refundable deposits.

True, but when we carefully choose a ship, cabin and itinerary we are not automatically thinking of cancelling it before the deposit money is paid which is what I hear constantly from our American cousins. :).

When we book a cruise it is because we WANT to do it .:D

Edited by heatherb1958

True, but when we carefully choose a ship, cabin and itinerary we are not automatically thinking of cancelling it before the deposit money is paid which is what I hear constantly from our American cousins. :).

Exactly.

Although UK cruisers have more protections due to EU law, the truth is we all buy travel insurance anyway.

I'd love to be able to "book" numerous cruises, tying up the best cabins, only to cancel and get my deposit back when I choose which one I actually want.

I would gladly take a $500 cheaper deal with drinks included, and not worry about not getting a "price drop" which are rare now anyways with RCI over here.

In 10 cruises I have booked, I have once been able to rebook for a cheaper deal so that point is really moot.

Sure its nice to choose a la carte pricing..but not when the All inclusive pricing is cheaper than the base a la carte price....lol

I would gladly take a $500 cheaper deal with drinks included, and not worry about not getting a "price drop" which are rare now anyways with RCI over here.

In 10 cruises I have booked, I have once been able to rebook for a cheaper deal so that point is really moot.

Sure its nice to choose a la carte pricing..but not when the All inclusive pricing is cheaper than the base a la carte price....lol

My sentiments exactly.

There are some of us in the US who don't believe in "dummy bookings". We know when we want to cruise and book that date.

Booking from Uk / Ireland £300 GBP deposit, non refundable, non transferable. If you need to switch to another cruise have to pay £130 admin fee. We all book with intentions of taking the cruise we book but booking far out means things can change. Also, no price drop.

The all inclusive is a nice offer but flights to US are very expensive and we don't see the BOGHP deals you get. Also, cruises in Europe are priced much higher for UK bookings (compare 7 days Med on Allure this summer v 7 days Oasis in Carib) so bottom line is there are different deals for different offers to different markets.

Deposit is only £25 per person at the moment till Christmas :)

That's a great deal! :)

Is it really. It may be less of a risk if there's a chance you may have to cancel (and loose deposit) but the fares no cheaper. You just pay a larger final payment.