New scheduled boarding? What happened to C&A?

Mmketeer

I am sailing on Friday and I just got a call from Royal Caribbean that says that according to my deck level I shouldn't arrive to the terminal until after 2pm?

What's going on? I am Platinum C&A member and have always gotten to the terminal early and got to board right after Diamond and Emerald (which I'll be after this sailing). Is this a new procedure or a scare tactic? Don't these people realize we have to be out of our hotel rooms by 11am?:confused:

Maybe they are trying to save money and keep people from eating lunch onboard.

Edited by Mmketeer

Whew, thank you for that. I was hoping it was just a scare tactic for folks who haven't cruised before. But, I haven't been able to sail for almost 4 years, so I didn't know for sure. Thanks for confirming, looking forward to getting lunch onboard and my Bahama Mama for sail away!

Doesn't this apply to the hotel also ie "Don't these people realize we can't arrive at the cruise terminal until 2pm?"

We have experienced delayed reporting in Tampa when ships initially arrive in the US from being overseas. This prohibited our hotel transportation from going to the pier prier to the port authority allowing them to enter the port area. Somethings are out of our control despite C&A status. ;)

Don't know if this is the case in any other ports?

Well this is the emailed message I got. I guess I am not good at following the rules, because they emailed, texted and called me and I will still be arriving for lunch as I will have to check out of my hotel room at 11am. We'll see what happens from there...

"This is an important message regarding your upcoming cruise.

Valued Guest,

We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on November 27, 2015, onboard Majesty of the Seas. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive to the terminal based on your assigned decks.

Guests on deck 9 should arrive between 11:30 to 12:00 PM

Guests on deck 2 should arrive between 12:00 to 12:30 PM

Guests on deck 8 should arrive between 12:30 to 1:00 PM

Guests on deck 4 should arrive between 1:00 to 1:30 PM

Guests on deck 7 & 6 should arrive between 1:30 to 2:00 PM

Guests on deck 5 & 3 should arrive between 2:00 to 3:00 PM

We invite our Suite and Pinnacle guests to arrive anytime between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. We remind you that the ship will sail at 4:00 p.m. As a reminder, all guests must be checked in and onboard the ship 60 minutes prior to sail time. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Majesty of the Seas."

Edited by Mmketeer

I got one of those voicemails and emails for my last cruise...was the first time I ever did after many cruises.

Not sure why deck 5 is always the last to board. I still showed up at 11 and was on by about 11:30am enjoying a cold drink.....