Healthy Options in Dining Room

Nana57

You will be fine, they will look after you in the MDR.

Our best strategy to not overeat/eat the wrong things is to try to be sensible at breakfast (cereal, fruit...) and at lunch to stick with soup and salad. We will have an odd Full English breakfast and give in to something more substantial an occasional lunch but on the whole we are good. This isn't hard on X as we find the salad selection really nice and you can always add lean meat, chicken or fish.

This then means we are less bothered about exactly what is in a sauce at the evening meal and can enjoy without worrying too much.

Unless you need to be really strict I think you will be fine just thinking when you order your food but you will see items indicated as healthy options and your waiter will also advise.

There are plenty of low-carb options for those watching their cholesterol levels. Avoid pasta and bread. Stick with the veggies and meats and seafood of which there are ample options each meal. Avoid hidden sugars in dressings and sauces. Skip dessert and have just coffee instead.

My husband has to watch his cholesterol. Are there healthy options and should we tell the waiter. We are not in AQ so Blu isn't an option at this point, as we are leaving in a few days.

We can accommodate most special dietary requirements in our main dining room. Please contact our Access Department at 1-866-592-7225 at least 90 days prior to sailing to request a low cholesterol meal type.

LOL, they keep telling me this to lose weight. and with the same basic needs as high cholesterol. The only thing you will have to consider a problem , is in the Buffets both breakfast or lunch. The MDR, from our experience, portions at least on RC are just what the doctor ordered and if you do not indulge in extras, like me, it will be OK, just watch the Buffet.

The Breakfast buffet is my down fall, I LOVE BREAKFAST more than any meal of the day.

Edited by north29

I have spent 24 nights on Celebrity ships after being told that I have coranary artery disease to go with my type 2 diabeties. They told me that right after they put stents in two major arteries so it was a real wake up call. In those 24 nights I had no problems finding nice things to eat. When I can't find something on the regular menu I simply talk to my waiter and he helps but that rarely happened. Walking a few extra laps around the ship each day also helps me. Yes, it is easy to do, unless you fall into temptation too often.