Airline Luggage Valet Off Oasis to FLL Airport

Dlanco

Delta Airlines just sent me an email message that it “automatically” made a route change and pushed up our flight departure from 11:45am to 11:24am when departing out of Ft. Lauderdale for home. I specifically booked my initial flight after 11:30am to take advantage of the luggage valet service (move our bags to the airport). Do you think RCCL will still honor the services for my 11:24am departure?

[quote name='Dlanco']Delta Airlines just sent me an email message that it “automatically” made a route change and pushed up our flight departure from 11:45am to 11:24am when departing out of Ft. Lauderdale for home. I specifically booked my initial flight after 11:30am to take advantage of the luggage valet service (move our bags to the airport). Do you think RCCL will still honor the services for my 11:24am departure?[/QUOTE]

I do not for see a problem.

Early in your cruise talk with the customer service rep. to find out the specifics and explain what happened.
I am sure they will meet your needs, or if not give you an early departure time.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Safe travels.

[quote name='Dlanco']Delta Airlines just sent me an email message that it “automatically” made a route change and pushed up our flight departure from 11:45am to 11:24am when departing out of Ft. Lauderdale for home. I specifically booked my initial flight after 11:30am to take advantage of the luggage valet service (move our bags to the airport). Do you think RCCL will still honor the services for my 11:24am departure?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, they are pretty strict with that deadline. If you are referring to the cruise in you signature, it is over 300 days away, Delta will most likely change times on that flight again anyway. Way too early to worry about it.

Correct we will not be traveling on Oasis until October 2016. I used frequent flyer miles on Delta for our tickets and originally had a flight after the 11:30am "cut off" timeframe RCCL uses for the valet service. I'm hoping there's another Delta flight change that has me departing after 11:30am........

I'd ask at Guest Relations. On the other end of the spectrum, we had a 6:20pm SW flight and the cut off for SW flights is 6:00pm. The rep told us to submit the request and see if it gets approved and it was. I don't know if they're stricter about the early cut-off.

Since Delta changed your flight you can call and see if another flight might be a better fit for your requirements. Any change should be at no additional charge to you. I agree, however, that your flight will probably be changed again.

Have taken a flight around that time, FLL to Detroit, for years. Delta has changed times on me several times. They have always honored luggage valet, even at 11:20 a.m. RC told me that it is the airline that accepts luggage valet customers so I don't think you will have a problem.

[quote name='Grandma Dazzles']Have taken a flight around that time, FLL to Detroit, for years. Delta has changed times on me several times. They have always honored luggage valet, even at 11:20 a.m. RC told me that it is the airline that accepts luggage valet customers so I don't think you will have a problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'm hoping that's the case too. I can't see them having a problem with 6 minutes prior to the announced 11:30am flight "cut off".

I called Delta and they would not honor a free flight change for a later departure. They would only honor a chane in departure within a 90 minute window of time and that won't work for us (without several stops getting home very late).