Coming back to Royal

Lily815

I left Royal in 2008, and have been sailing NCL since that time. We have the Harmony booked for early 2017, and I am very much looking forward to it! We are going with a group of friends. Anyway, since it's been a while, I'm not sure what has changed with Royal. Is there a show every night on the ship, or is it one or two headliners for the week? Do you need reservations for the various shows? Thanks! :)

We too are coming back to Royal after our last cruise with them in 2007. We have been Princess loyalist since then. But we have decided to give it another try at the encouragement of our children. We are booked on the Freedom for March 2016. I too wonder about changes....good and bad that we can expect.

Ok, thanks. Is there a different show every night?

Several repeats of the same shows. The comedy club is the important one to get booked first. That venue only seats 120.

You will need to look at what shows are available on different nights, and work out a schedule based on what you want to see.

We too are coming back to Royal after our last cruise with them in 2007. We have been Princess loyalist since then. But we have decided to give it another try at the encouragement of our children. We are booked on the Freedom for March 2016. I too wonder about changes....good and bad that we can expect.

We so loved Freedom of the Seas, in fact sailed her two years in a row.

Clean, friendly, loved the shows.

Perfect size.

We did Western and loved Grand Cayman, would have loved it more if it was a docked port.

Some crowds.

Loved the pools.

Enjoy we did.

Several repeats of the same shows. The comedy club is the important one to get booked first. That venue only seats 120.

You will need to look at what shows are available on different nights, and work out a schedule based on what you want to see.

I believe Harmony comedy club is going to be considerably larger than the other two ships.

Would also recommend when booking/working out your schedule that you book the outdoor Aqua show early in the week. Sometimes it has to be rescheduled because of weather, and if you are booked early in the week you can still get to see it if it is moved, as opposed to a later in the week show being rescheduled.

Also, agree about booking comedy show - hard to get in.

When you make your reservations it is not for a specific seat. Just entry into the facility. You need to get there at least 10 minutes before show. At that time the line is opened up for general admission to those who did not make a reservation. If you choose not to go, no big deal, you can join the line another night and probably will get in without a reservation, but seating may not be what you had hoped for.