Confused - but it doesn't take much!!

Hi all,

We have just been assigned our balcony guarentee cabin on Harmony of the Seas (super excited) and its a D4 midships on deck 6.

We are very pleased with the assignment, but also confused. We have never cruised Oasis class before and with so many helpful people on cc who will have sailed this class, hopefully you might be able to help me understand a bit more about this deck / cabin :confused:

Deck 6 seems to be the deck where its all happening (the Boardwalk etc), do you access the public areas only from the stateroom corridor via the area by the lifts, or are there other cut throughs?

Do you think it will be noisy in the cabin / on the balcony from the Boardwalk/public area?

How can a D4 have a D8 either side of it? That deck seems to have D4, D8, D4, D8, D4, D8 etc., I thought the number of the 'D' was simply to do with the location, so how can that be? :confused::confused:

Any thoughts or comments anyone can provide would be very helpful. :)

thanks in advance

Jean

Hi all,

We have just been assigned our balcony guarentee cabin on Harmony of the Seas (super excited) and its a D4 midships on deck 6.

We are very pleased with the assignment, but also confused. We have never cruised Oasis class before and with so many helpful people on cc who will have sailed this class, hopefully you might be able to help me understand a bit more about this deck / cabin :confused:

Deck 6 seems to be the deck where its all happening (the Boardwalk etc), do you access the public areas only from the stateroom corridor via the area by the lifts, or are there other cut throughs?

Do you think it will be noisy in the cabin / on the balcony from the Boardwalk/public area?

How can a D4 have a D8 either side of it? That deck seems to have D4, D8, D4, D8, D4, D8 etc., I thought the number of the 'D' was simply to do with the location, so how can that be? :confused::confused:

thanks in advance

Jean

You access the public areas via the centrum lobbies, where the elevators and stairs are located. Not noisy.

You access the public areas via the centrum lobbies, where the elevators and stairs are located. Not noisy.

thanks for the prompt response Bob, you are the font of all knowledge :)

Dont every leave CC !!

I thought it might be quite a good deck to be on as its not far to walk to access of the good stuff ;)

Jean

thanks for the prompt response Bob, you are the font of all knowledge :)

Dont every leave CC !!

I thought it might be quite a good deck to be on as its not far to walk to access of the good stuff ;)

Jean

I agree, not a bad deck, close to the Royal Promenade.. We also like deck 8, because we are more likely to use Central Park as a walkthrough than Boardwalk or the Royal Promenade, but that's just us.

Edited by clarea

I agree, not a bad deck. We also like deck 8, because we are more likely to use Central park than Boardwalk, but that's just us.

I didn't realise the Boardwalk and Central Park were on different decks, I thought they were on the same deck - just different ends of the ship. Interesting.

Edited by Jeannie333333

I didn't realise the Boardwalk and Central Park were on different decks, I thought they were on the same deck - just different ends of the ship. Interesting.

Royal Promenade: deck 5

Boardwalk: deck 6

Central Park: deck 8

I'd stay away from deck 7 because you cannot go between the port and starboard lobbies in the aft centrum because of the Boardwalk sign.

Edited by clarea

I'd stay away from deck 7 because you cannot go between the port and starbard lobbies on the aft centrum because of the Boardwalk sign.

Wow, thanks Bob....

I can see I'm going to leave the cabin for a quick look around and will be found wandering the decks few days later - completely lost! lol :D

thanks in advance

Jean

Not only does the number of a category have to do with location but also the number of passengers that it can accommodate. Note your D4 has a sofa bed while the D8 cabins on either side don't. RCI assigns a higher category number to cabins that can have more than two passengers. Typically this is also reflected in the price even if there is only two in those three or more paxs cabins.

Edited by robtulipe

Hi all,

thanks in advance

Jean

D4 cabins accommodate up to 4 people while D 8 cabins can accommodate only 2 people.

Not only does the number of a category have to do with location but also the number of passengers that it can accommodate. Note your D4 has a sofa bed while the D8 cabins on either side don't. RCI assigns a higher category number to cabins that can have more than two passengers. Typically this is also reflected in the price even if there is only two in those three or more cabins.

Ah, I see - I didn't know that either, that explains the D4/D8.

Obviously all the Bob's on CC know lots and lots and willing to explain :)

(and a Ken!)

Thanks so much

Jean

Edited by Jeannie333333

Ah, I see - I didn't know that either, that explains the D4/D8.

Obviously all the Bob's on CC know lots and lots and willing to explain :)

(and a Ken!)

Thanks so much

Jean

It is the same for other classes of cabins. A higher category K interior can have more than two in it while a interior Cat L can't and they can be side by side location wise. Same goes for a Cat. I OV, only two, while the next door higher category H OV holds three or more.

Edited by robtulipe

As Bob mentioned, you can only access public areas via the elevator lobbies (and they adjoin the elevator lobbies for the most part - Schooner Bar, Focus, Boardwalk and the Aqua Theater via the aft lobby and the Spa & Fitness Center via the forward lobby) - these are also the only places you'll be able to cross over from the port to starboard sides of the ship as the Royal Promenade creates sort of a canyon that runs down the center of Deck 6 (that may be why you thought Central Park was also on Deck 6 based on the deck plans).

Edited by garnetpalmetto

• 3 weeks later...
As Bob mentioned, you can only access public areas via the elevator lobbies (and they adjoin the elevator lobbies for the most part - Schooner Bar, Focus, Boardwalk and the Aqua Theater via the aft lobby and the Spa & Fitness Center via the forward lobby) - these are also the only places you'll be able to cross over from the port to starboard sides of the ship as the Royal Promenade creates sort of a canyon that runs down the center of Deck 6 (that may be why you thought Central Park was also on Deck 6 based on the deck plans).

Can I ask you knowledgable people - what deck us Central Park on? Also the Boardwalk? Are they on same deck?

Does a D7 not have a sofa in it?

Does it mean that say a D8 would be smaller than a D4?

Thank you

Can I ask you knowledgable people - what deck us Central Park on? Also the Boardwalk? Are they on same deck?

Does a D7 not have a sofa in it?

Does it mean that say a D8 would be smaller than a D4?

Thank you

Central Park is on deck 8, Boardwalk on deck 6.

All the "D" staterooms have a sofa, and are the same size. There might be a small difference in balcony size for the "D" staterooms on the edges of the hump.

Edited by clarea

I'd stay away from deck 7 because you cannot go between the port and starboard lobbies in the aft centrum because of the Boardwalk sign.

Silly question, but can I ask what you mean by this? We have a Promenade room booked on deck 7 and from the deck plan, it looks like there are staterooms on the entire floor so it looks like you can walk from one end to the other.

Silly question, but can I ask what you mean by this? We have a Promenade room booked on deck 7 and from the deck plan, it looks like there are staterooms on the entire floor so it looks like you can walk from one end to the other.

You can walk the length of the ship no problem.

There are lobbies containing elevators and stairs on each side (port and starboard), on each deck, both forward and aft. This makes 4 lobbies per deck, two aft and two forward. Normally, you can walk between the aft lobbies and between the forward lobbies on a deck. However, the aft lobbies on deck 7 are an exception, because the Boardwalk sign is in the way, you cannot walk between the starboard and port side aft lobbies on deck 7.

This is not a major issue.

Edited by clarea

You can walk the length of the ship no problem.

There are lobbies containing elevators and stairs on each side (port and starboard), on each deck, both forward and aft. This makes 4 lobbies per deck, two aft and two forward. Normally, you can walk between the aft lobbies and between the forward lobbies on a deck. However, the aft lobbies on deck 7 are an exception, because the Boardwalk sign is in the way, you cannot walk between the starboard and port side aft lobbies on deck 7.

This is not a major issue.

Thanks for explaining. I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as you can go between floors. :)

The last time we were on Allure we had a balcony on deck six. I really liked the location. We never heard any noise at all from the Promenade one deck down. It was an easy walk down one flight of stairs to get to the Promenade. It was a very short walk to the Vitality Spa to get my fresh squeezed orange juice. A walk down the passageway and you were at Boardwalk. And going up two flights of stairs brings you to Central Park.

I would have no second thoughts at all about booking deck 6 again.