Request table without children?

kbh2

Does Carnival seat couples traveling without children at tables with children? It is not that I don't love children( my husband and I have 7, and 4 grandchildren), whom we are leaving at home! I do not want to sit at a table with children on our cruise and wondered if we have to request this or if they automatically seat couples with other adults only. We went on cruise 10 years ago and were just seated with other couples, and last year we had our kids with us so we had our own table. Not enough experience to know the norm..

I've gone on quite a few without my kids and have never been seated with children on those. Always seated with pax similar to my own circumstance, I.e. other couples when with husband, other singles when alone or with a female friend.

That being said, I wouldn't count on that being the case every time. I'd send an email in advance to make sure.

In my experience on my last 3 cruises we have been sat with people of a similar age and circumstance as us at the dining room tables. It was my belief that Carnival tried to do that. I doubt there will be children at your table. Again it doesnt hurt to ask.

Edited by jennraycruise

I always request that I don't sit with "older" people since they seem to be cranky, so then I'm assigned with young people!

You young whippersnapper you! :p Sit with me and I'll show you cranky.:D Just leave your finger toys in your cabin.:rolleyes:

Does Carnival seat couples traveling without children at tables with children? It is not that I don't love children( my husband and I have 7, and 4 grandchildren), whom we are leaving at home! I do not want to sit at a table with children on our cruise and wondered if we have to request this or if they automatically seat couples with other adults only. We went on cruise 10 years ago and were just seated with other couples, and last year we had our kids with us so we had our own table. Not enough experience to know the norm..

A couple of years ago, on our B2B, we wanted to keep the same 2-top & waitstaff. However, the 2nd week was rotation week for the staff. He told us we don't want to follow him cuz he was moving to a section with lots of kids.

So, no, unless you are traveling with someone with kids, I doubt if you'd be seated with kids.

I always request that I don't sit with "older" people since they seem to be cranky, so then I'm assigned with young people!

Please define cranky, older people as to age category. Both my girl fiend and I are a very young 66 and 57 respectively.

Always remember, you are never going to cheat aging.

I think if you wanted to guarantee that you are not allocated a table that has children on it you should send a message to the maitre'd. Tell him that you cannot possibly be allocated a table with children as your partner has a court order banning him from association in this way. If an allocation was made by the maitre'd in violation it could be inferred that the cruise line were complicit and had acted against your good intentions.

Regards John

I think if you wanted to guarantee that you are not allocated a table that has children on it you should send a message to the maitre'd. Tell him that you cannot possibly be allocated a table with children as your partner has a court order banning him from association in this way. If an allocation was made by the maitre'd in violation it could be inferred that the cruise line were complicit and had acted against your good intentions.

Regards John

Hilarious...

We too have children and grandchildren we love but prefer a quiet dinner on vacation. We get Anytime Dining and request a table for two. Problem solved.

That's how we do it. Not really to avoid children, just prefer to dine alone. I really rarely even notice kids on our cruise. Maybe we just don't hang out where they do.

And to someone's comment about the silly post going over everyone's head, I got it, just did not feel it deserved acknowledging.;)

Thank you all for your answers, I was waiting to get slammed by someone calling me a children hater...LOL

I definitely wouldn't slam you! I actually feel the same. I have an 18-yo son, and as much as I will enjoy grandkids someday, I have no interest being seated with families with kids. Even if they are the same age (I'm only 39). It's just that I have nothing in common with them because I'm not in that place in my life.

Plus, and I hate to say it, these days kids are generally not that well behaved. When I was a kid, my sister and I were never able to play games at the dinner table or good off at all. But these days parents let kids stand on chairs, run up and down isles, etc. I just can't enjoy a peaceful dinner in those circumstances.

And to someone's comment about the silly post going over everyone's head, I got it, just did not feel it deserved acknowledging.;)

I did not say that the relevant post had gone over everyone's head. I said that it had gone over quite a few peoples heads. "I request that I don't sit with 'older' people" was obviously a tongue in cheek response to the OP but nevertheless quite a few posters started defending sitting with "older" people. How could you possibly avoid sitting with "older" people on a cruise?

Regards John

I did not say that the relevant post had gone over everyone's head. I said that it had gone over quite a few peoples heads. "I request that I don't sit with 'older' people" was obviously a tongue in cheek response to the OP but nevertheless quite a few posters started defending sitting with "older" people. How could you possibly avoid sitting with "older" people on a cruise?

Regards John

Hey I am not "old"...:eek: However I will be turning 50 on this cruise..And 50 seems younger and younger...

Many years ago, DH and I cruised with his sister and her DH. We were seated with a family of 4 which included two teenage boys.

Because they were teenagers, it wasn't really like being at a table with "children"; however, they were a horrible family!

The parents were lending the Dad's sign & sail card to both boys (they were around 19 & 17) so that they could order alcohol, and they bragged each night about how many "conquests" their oldest son had made since getting on the ship.

On one sea day, there was a commotion in one area on Lido deck. Turned out it was the Mom throwing up because she was so drunk.

My Sister-in-law and her DH thought that these people were the COOLEST PARENTS EVER. :rolleyes: Thank goodness they never wanted to have children.

Other than that one time, we have never been seated with children.

Edited by ScottsSweetie

I definitely wouldn't slam you! I actually feel the same. I have an 18-yo son, and as much as I will enjoy grandkids someday, I have no interest being seated with families with kids. Even if they are the same age (I'm only 39). It's just that I have nothing in common with them because I'm not in that place in my life.

Plus, and I hate to say it, these days kids are generally not that well behaved. When I was a kid, my sister and I were never able to play games at the dinner table or good off at all. But these days parents let kids stand on chairs, run up and down isles, etc. I just can't enjoy a peaceful dinner in those circumstances.

Pretty much sums it up. Well taught children are becoming more rare.

In my experience on my last 3 cruises we have been sat with people of a similar age and circumstance as us at the dining room tables. It was my belief that Carnival tried to do that. I doubt there will be children at your table. Again it doesnt hurt to ask.

Agree. We've been on 30+ cruises and always get seated with couples our age.