survey

jozi

If they want to expand the spa serene area I would be ok with that as it does have its fans and doesn't appear to bother anyone else. If they are talking about limiting the new deck 12 to be pay only I am totally against it. We just got off the Odyssey yesterday where I had a discussion with some Seabourn head office people who were on board and they were asking a number of questions about things going forward as well. The Thomas Keller change in which they seem to be making a major commitment to is a concern. Even they recognize the level of commitment they have made to this program. If they are starting to transition to some sort of two tiered system they would most likely lose us as clients.

If they want to expand the spa serene area I would be ok with that as it does have its fans and doesn't appear to bother anyone else. If they are talking about limiting the new deck 12 to be pay only I am totally against it. We just got off the Odyssey yesterday where I had a discussion with some Seabourn head office people who were on board and they were asking a number of questions about things going forward as well. The Thomas Keller change in which they seem to be making a major commitment to is a concern. Even they recognize the level of commitment they have made to this program. If they are starting to transition to some sort of two tiered system they would most likely lose us as clients.

I totally agree, and think they would lose us also.....sadly.

It was a well crafted survey. I thought the focus was on two things, proposed itineraries and a step up spa or day spa expanded area. My opinion for what its worth was that after spending $15k or so for two bus class tickets to board the ship somewhere the last thing i want to see is a roped off area . Thats why peeps like SB ,once on board enjoy ,after we are all in the same boat.

My opinion for what its worth was that after spending $15k or so for two bus class tickets to board the ship somewhere the last thing i want to see is a roped off area . Thats why peeps like SB ,once on board enjoy ,after we are all in the same boat.

Very well said.

It was a well crafted survey. I thought the focus was on two things, proposed itineraries and a step up spa or day spa expanded area. My opinion for what its worth was that after spending $15k or so for two bus class tickets to board the ship somewhere the last thing i want to see is a roped off area . Thats why peeps like SB ,once on board enjoy ,after we are all in the same boat.

I am very happy to see that most others here agree with what I said on my survey...that I would hate to see Seabourn turn into a tiered "class" ship.

Hopefully, they listen and won't "fix" what isn't broken.

Edited by chefchick

I am very happy to see that most others here agree with what I said on my survey...that I would hate to see Seabourn turn into a tiered "class" ship.

Hopefully, they listen and won't "fix" what isn't broken.

I agree with you, however in a way it is---the better suite you have the more you get.....

I got the survey even though we have only done one cruise, which was a 21 day, with Seabourn

I would agree with you all about not having a "pay" area

Even though we have cruised with most of the other cruise lines at least once Seabourn is the only cruise line which we have paid a deposit for a future cruise while we were on the Quest

We like Seabourn as it is

One of the main reason we cruise Seabourn is to avoid sunbed hoggers and wandering round forever trying to find "a spot". We don't spend all day by the pool so like to dip in & out.

Whilst I am not against the larger ships per-se my quiet fear is that 200 extra pax on Encore class vessels puts pressure on public spaces and we start seeing all the main stream problems around "reserving" loungers etc. I appreciate these are 1st world problems but it's a first world luxury product.

Does SB recognise there is going to be an issue and is wondering if they can monetise the solution? If encore fares are lower then arguably you could charge and give people the choice of topping up the fare to match expected service or saving money and picking through the bones to find an experience that works for them.

My own thoughts would be to charge the same fare as the small ships and use free access to areas like this as a counter measure to over crowding.

Henry :)

Lest anyone become confused, the Encore will carry 150 more passengers than the Odyssey class ships.

As I have said before, I would oppose "creating" space from open deck space by

making an exclusive area for a fee.

Seabourn is unique and the marketing and sales mavens should not go there if they want to preserve what the brand now represents. Why in the world would they do that for something that at first glance is a "so what, Carnival does it on their other products"? Seabourn is unique, that's why.

It will be interesting to see how much space per passenger the Encore class ships will offer both indoors and on the open deck. I remember vividly when Captain Geir Arne explained that one allure of the Odyssey class ships is that it has 30% more space per passenger than the earlier 3 small ships. And you easily recognize that fact when you first board and do a recce.

It won't matter to me much if Encore is as generous but it should be close to the Odyssey class standard. But either way, slightly more or slightly less, Seabourn should keep things simple and generous space-wise on this one class ship!

Happy sailing!