AQUAHOUND, are you around?

perditax

Can someone please explain what happened on the NCL ship. I have no desire to read all the posts because of some of the nasty people who posted on that thread. I did a search online, but found absolutely nothing on a security breach on the NCL ship.

So, how did these people actually get on board the ship in the first place? If they were able to get on board, doesn't that make anyone nervous about the lack of security? In this day and age of terrorism, this story makes me a bit cautious and wonder how something like this could have happened.

Darcie -- if you start near the beginning of that thread, and scan through -- just reading the posts by Travlgrl (Tara), you'll get a pretty good picture of what was going on in the terminal, at the time. Whether anyone ever got a definitive answer about the cause/outcome of the 7+ hour delay -- I don't know. I would love it if Tara (or someone else who was actually there) would fill us in on the details, when they get back from that cruise. In my decade and a half of cruising, we've had a couple of seriously delayed embarkations, but nothing like these folks went through! :eek:

Edited by wwcruisers

Have you read that thread today? My goodness. The moderstors really need to take control of that person. He is the very definition of an internet troll.

It really is unfortunate and it is exactly the reason I rarely visit the NCL boards. It's amazing how one person can have so much negative affect. I'm done with that thread. People like that aren't worth my time.

I had pretty much had enough but just went and looked. GOOD GRIEF!!!

Only read that board if we're sailing NCL, which we haven't done in quite a few years or, if something catches my eye and looks interesting.

I did LOL at Perditax's post #404.:D

BTW, I have the utmost respect for you and Chengkp75 and always learn something from both of you.:)

I am butting in here but I saw the remarks that were made to you and could not believe how ridiculous people can be. Wanted to say something on that thread but what's the point?

Thank you for providing the only sane responses. Why anyone would challenge you when this is your profession is beyond me but then again, it's CC and everyone is an expert :)

I love how some people treat the board like a court of law and one has to prove one's position. Your restraint is enviable.

I agree with you guys. Why would they question Aquahound? That thread has become ridiculous!

Can someone please explain what happened on the NCL ship. I have no desire to read all the posts because of some of the nasty people who posted on that thread. I did a search online, but found absolutely nothing on a security breach on the NCL ship.

So, how did these people actually get on board the ship in the first place? If they were able to get on board, doesn't that make anyone nervous about the lack of security? In this day and age of terrorism, this story makes me a bit cautious and wonder how something like this could have happened.

I got interested in the topic for the same reason--it was only a few days after San Bernardino and I'm cruising out of PoM next week. And that's why I started this thread seeing if Aquahound was around. That said, as the main thread descended into chaos and gibberish, it became clear we weren't going to find out what had really happened, either because it was some bit of incompetence on NCL's part that caused the whole thing, or because they actually did get some bad guys and don't want to disclose the details (they being law enforcement). I know it's difficult in the Internet age, but some things just stay a mystery. I suppose we should just be thankful it wasn't anything extremely serious.

On that note: I beg of you, dear readers, please don't let this thread turn into the main thread. I was just trying catch AH's eye due to the lack of PM function on this site (sigh), and I didn't mean to make him the arbiter of the situation. :)

What happened was, there was a security breach at the Port of Miami. The allegations were...a man ran past security on to the Norwegian Sky. As a result, they cleared everyone from the ship. The people waiting in the terminal were held there. The people who already boarded were herded into the Customs warehouse. And those who had not yet checked in weren't even allowed into he building. The whole ordeal went on for about 9 hours.

But unfortunately, what happened is no longer the topic of the thread. There were at least 3 people posting on the thread who were either there or working at the port. All 3 complain that NCL left them in the dark for 9 hours with no communication, and with little to no food and drinks. I don't think anyone was really making a huge deal out of it...only saying NCL could have handled it better and communicated with their passengers better. Unfortunately, there are a couple brand loyalists on the thread who are taking major exception and are really beating up the people who were actually there, and anyone else who posts anything with even a hint of negatively towards NCL.

Edited by Aquahound

Well, there's an adage.....know your audience and it also goes the other way. The resident "expert" did not know the speaker.:D

I agree with you guys. Why would they question Aquahound? That thread has become ridiculous!

Thanks you guys. I really appreciate it. :) But in this case, fact is, I wasn't there and I haven't read any official reports on the matter. I can really only speak of procedure and give opinion on how I thought it was handled.

Thanks you guys. I really appreciate it. :) But in this case, fact is, I wasn't there and I haven't read any official reports on the matter. I can really only speak of procedure and give opinion on how I thought it was handled.

For the majority of us that is enough.

Thanks for your input. :D

What happened was, there was a security breach at the Port of Miami. The allegations were...a man ran past security on to the Norwegian Sky. As a result, they cleared everyone from the ship. The people waiting in the terminal were held there. The people who already boarded were herded into the Customs warehouse. And those who had not yet checked in weren't even allowed into he building. The whole ordeal went on for about 9 hours.

But unfortunately, what happened is no longer the topic of the thread. There were at least 3 people posting on the thread who were either there or working at the port. All 3 complain that NCL left them in the dark for 9 hours with no communication, and with little to no food and drinks. I don't think anyone was really making a huge deal out of it...only saying NCL could have handled it better and communicated with their passengers better. Unfortunately, there are a couple brand loyalists on the thread who are taking major exception and are really beating up the people who were actually there, and anyone else who posts anything with even a hint of negatively towards NCL.

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me. I really appreciate it. Sounds like NCL didn't do their job.

I had pretty much had enough but just went and looked. GOOD GRIEF!!!

Only read that board if we're sailing NCL, which we haven't done in quite a few years or, if something catches my eye and looks interesting.

BTW, I have the utmost respect for you and Chengkp75 and always learn something from both of you.:)

Ditto. Both always post good, accurate info. Much appreciated! :)