NYC Hotel occupancy 3 or 4

xcell

I'm crusing in March 2016 and looking at hotels for my family of 4.

I reserved a few around the city but one that I would like is the hilton millenium near the freedom tower.

If I book for 3, I can get a King Suite (465 sq ft) for $203 a night but the moment I put in 4, I have to book a larger room and the rate jumps to $800 per night. I could book two rooms but really, I'm staying one maybe two nights and my kids are 9 and 12.

So the question is - are the hotels really strick on occupancy policies? I have booked 2 adults in a double/queen on price line and then kids have come with me (thought kids are free under a certain age).

I just got an e-blast fro Travelzoo. The Martha Washington Boutique hotel is offering rooms for $129 a night, through March. It says it's 10 min from Empire State Bldg and Herald Sq. I have never stayed there and am not familiar with it, but photos look appealing and for that price, I just get 2 double rooms if they don't have a quad room . I'd at least google it and check it out.

I'm crusing in March 2016 and looking at hotels for my family of 4.

I reserved a few around the city but one that I would like is the hilton millenium near the freedom tower.

If I book for 3, I can get a King Suite (465 sq ft) for $203 a night but the moment I put in 4, I have to book a larger room and the rate jumps to $800 per night. I could book two rooms but really, I'm staying one maybe two nights and my kids are 9 and 12.

So the question is - are the hotels really strick on occupancy policies? I have booked 2 adults in a double/queen on price line and then kids have come with me (thought kids are free under a certain age).

If you can all fit in the room and they are kids there will be no issues. They probably don't allow rollaways.

Call or email the hotel directly and ask them.

There are occupancy regulations and fire codes than can limit the number of people allowed in a room.

If I am misinterpreting anyone's post, I apologize, but I would NOT recommend sneaking an extra person into a room.

It's funny how hotel advertise kids under the age of ??? stay free but then will limit the number of kids in a room.

I can understand trying to fit 6 people in a room is not doable but if the room comes with a sofa bed and king or two doubles...why limit it only to 3?

It's funny how hotel advertise kids under the age of ??? stay free but then will limit the number of kids in a room.

I can understand trying to fit 6 people in a room is not doable but if the room comes with a sofa bed and king or two doubles...why limit it only to 3?

"Kids stay free" doesn't mean you can exceed the legal capacity of the room. As already noted there are fire codes and occupancy regulations that can limit the total number of guest occupying the room.

Three in a room can mean one adult and two children, which could result in full use of all the bedding available...or for that matter three adults could do the same.