Pearl problems? No terminal, 1000s in the rain.

amscene1

We were two of those people. We were told that several passengers could not be located; therefore, we could not board. I think we waited a total of three hours; some people may have been out in the rain even longer. The passengers were located. This was the Welcome to Jamrock reggae cruise - two cruises back to back for five nights each. Seems a few revellers simply decided they did not want to leave. At the very least, I hope they are blacklisted from attending this charter cruise again. Incredibly foolish and selfish behavior.

We were two of those people. We were told that several passengers could not be located; therefore, we could not board. I think we waited a total of three hours; some people may have been out in the rain even longer. The passengers were located. This was the Welcome to Jamrock reggae cruise - two cruises back to back for five nights each. Seems a few revellers simply decided they did not want to leave. At the very least, I hope they are blacklisted from attending this charter cruise again. Incredibly foolish and selfish behavior.

Agreed...foolish and selfish behavior. It's incidents like this that need to be pointed out when people make those "How late can we debark?" type of posts.

I hope that NCL charged them with trespass.

They were also totally inconsiderate.

I feel sorry for those inconvenienced. I hope NCL does NOT get the blame this time.

This would have been a great "Name & Shame" exercise; it would serve the perpetrators right if NCL had used them in their website. Start a "Things not to do" section.

Mike

I hope that NCL charged them with trespass.

They were also totally inconsiderate.

I feel sorry for those inconvenienced. I hope NCL does NOT get the blame this time.

This would have been a great "Name & Shame" exercise; it would serve the perpetrators right if NCL had used them in their website. Start a "Things not to do" section.

Mike

How would they charged with trespassing? When you get evicted from a house you can't get charged with trespassing so I don't you could on a ship, they did not break the law so a verbal warning is all they will get.

Actually a good question. Doesn't sound like trespassing would apply, but loitering might (from a criminal standpoint).

Civilly, NCL could (but probably won't) sue them for the costs of the delay for failing to comply with Ship's orders.

Sounds to me that the entertainment company that chartered the ship and packaged the cruise are the ones to which the issue should be directed. All NCL did was enforce their requirements that the ship not be reboarded for the next cruise until the charter company (through the ship's efforts) got their previous customers off the ship.

My family was there for this fiasco too. To compound matters, I think there were 6 ships in the port of Miami that morning. So those on the Pearl had to wait outside in the rain in order to get into the "circus tent" to register.

We got in the line at 11:10am. The line didn't even begin to move until 1:30pm. It was nearly 3:30 before we boarded.

I thought it was ironic.... After we settled the onboard account and were given our room cards, the woman asked if we'd like complimentary Norwegian rain ponchos!!!! I said that we could have used them hours ago.

All in all, it was a super cruise though.

Greetings

We boarded the Pearl last year on the cruise just after the reggae cruise and had the same late boarding problem. Customs was being extra careful with the screening of the returning passengers and there were several groups of passengers that had to be "located". Our boarding didn't start until after 3 that day. At least we did have a terminal and not a tent.

Good Sailing

Tom