Has anyone done the Blue Lagoon excursion in Nassau through RCI recently?

manazca

We'll be in Nassau on the Anthem around Christmas and I am trying to decide if the excursion from RCI is worthy, therefore posting here. It will be our first time in Nassau and some reviews on the RCI were not good.

Also, I am not sure if 1) 4 hours is worthy AND 2) if the weather at the end of December is adequate for a beach day.

I'll be grateful for any feedback!

We'll be in Nassau on the Anthem around Christmas and I am trying to decide if the excursion from RCI is worthy, therefore posting here. It will be our first time in Nassau and some reviews on the RCI were not good.

Also, I am not sure if 1) 4 hours is worthy AND 2) if the weather at the end of December is adequate for a beach day.

I'll be grateful for any feedback!

Try the Ports of Call board for the Bahamas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

I've been thinking about the same thing. I've been to Nassau a couple of times and swear by Blue Lagoon Island. However, we are sailing on the Oasis January 9th, and I held off booking that excursion for the same reasons -- it got expensive for the Beach Break, we are only docked from 7-2pm, and who knows what the weather will be.

Personally, I'd probably wait until you got the 10-day forecast for the region and then make a decision. I found a resort that appears to do day passes (Melia Beach?!?) that we can take a cab to if we get to Nassau and it's a beach day, if the excursion is full.

I don't enjoy walking around the public areas because I don't like people trying to sell me something every 10 feet... so we don't plan to go to a public beach or spend time shopping. That's just me, though... Hope you have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone and sorry for my delay, crazily busy at work.

Given that we'll only have about 4.5h till sunset I think we'll decide on the ship what to do. I should contact Melia though as I read something about renovations. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We found it enjoyable, but its really all about the kids there. Of course, if you are a kid at heart you will love it.:)

We went with our grandkids and their parents. Had a pretty good time. But it's a "been there done that" for us now.

Great to hear [emoji2]

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk