Hotel recommendation - Fort Lauderdale

Fnigro07

I booked Hyatt Place based on reviews/recommendations that I read on this forum. Many good choices in the area, but walking distance from Total Wine & More gave the edge to Hyatt Place.

Now I just have to wait another 320 days to use the hotel!

Now I just have to wait another 320 days to use the hotel!

That's the hardest part, isn't it?

I'm finally down to under a week, and it's going to be the Longest. Week. Ever! (until my next cruise, then that week will be the longest!)

We stayed at Lago Mar, which I would recommend staying at if you are looking to spend an extra couple days at Ft. Lauderdale. They are one of the few hotels that has a private beach, with beach chairs available for free (though they were kind of old! Newer ones with umbrellas were at a cost).

The hotel has a couple of restaurants and bars, some outside sport things to do like huge chessboard. There was enough to do that we didn't leave the hotel since we were only there a day and a half.

We have stayed at Embassy Suites, and enjoyed it.

If you want a pre-cruise, get-into-the-mood treat, try the new Margaritaville Hollywood Resort. We stayed there in November before Allure, and it was pretty awesome.

The Hilton Marina off of 17th Street is a good choice. If you want something for more than a day though I highly recommend the Courtyard Marriott at Fort Lauderdale Beach! Great service, amazing views of the beach and plenty of restaurants in the area.

I agree about the Courtyard. :) My only problem is that they have been sold out the last three times I've tried to stay there. :(

We also enjoy the Hilton Marina.

We love the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. It is just across the bridge, large rooms and if you tell them you are on a cruise they will give you a high floor room with a balcony that overlooks the cruise ship piers. We got up at 6am to watch the Oasis come in the dark all lit up.

Great bar and great out door eating area at the pool for breakfast. It is walking distance from several good restaurants.

We were just at the Embassy Suites for two nights post cruise-- stay there every year for our November/ December cruise. We've been treated extremely well by all staff members there-- love the grounds, the pool, the Atrium, and with breakfast and Manager's Reception, it has been great for us. Also having the Harbor Shops and Duffy's right behind us is great! We will stay there again.