Anyone missed the boat in Panama on Nov.14?

We were in Colon, Panama with the Celebrity Equinox on Nov.14. We went for a private excursion and came back way before the departure time as usual. We noticed many empty tables at our 6 pm dining time.

I was told many excursions were delayed as there was a big heist and the city locked down the major roads. The boat left the port about 3 hours late!

I forgot to ask and wonder if the captain would have waited for anyone doing private excursions since this is beyond their control.

Anyone know more about that incident? Were you late on a private excursion? Did the ship wait for you?

We were in Colon, Panama with the Celebrity Equinox on Nov.14. We went for a private excursion and came back way before the departure time as usual. We noticed many empty tables at our 6 pm dining time.

I was told many excursions were delayed as there was a big heist and the city locked down the major roads. The boat left the port about 3 hours late!

I forgot to ask and wonder if the captain would have waited for anyone doing private excursions since this is beyond their control.

Anyone know more about that incident? Were you late on a private excursion? Did the ship wait for you?

If they where on a ship's tour . The captain would wait as long as time would permit. If he couldn't , the cruise line would be responsible to get them to the next port . If on a private tour , they are responsible on their own dime.

Also some people have just maybe decided to eat in the buffet that night.

There were a few boats from different cruise lines on that date. For our boat I was told about 3 bus loads of cruisers (ship sponsored) were stuck on the road due to the lock down.

I understand the risk of private excursions and that's why I always back near the boat at least 2 to 3 hours before the departure. But this is a very special case that I hope the cruise lines may make an exception.