Set Sail Pass CC options.

Just ready to print out the Set Sail and i was posed with the following two options that have to deal with foreign currency exchange rates. i am paying with a US credit card RCCL BOA visa if that makes a difference. Which option??

A) I choose to pay my onboard charges in the currency of my card. I choose to use Royal Caribbean International's currency conversion program. This currency conversion transaction is based on wholesale exchange rates collected from Bloomberg plus a 3 percent international currency conversion fee. My choice to have charges billed in the currency of my card is final. I accept that the exchange rate used will be the rate in effect at the time the amounts are charged to my card.

B) I choose to have my credit card issuer convert my onboard charges to the currency of my card in lieu of participating in the Royal Caribbean International currency conversion program.

If I opt for my charges to be converted by my credit card issuer, or if my card is not billed in one of the billing currencies listed, my charges will be processed in the onboard currency (USD) and the issuer of my card may charge a service fee for currency conversion.

NEVER have RCI convert for you. It costs an extra 3%, as stated. Number 2 is the best (and only, really) option. A few days into your cruise, go to Guest Relations and ask for a printout of your bill, making sure it is in USD. :)

EDITED to add: sorry, I read this too fast. You don't have to deal with any currency conversion at all. You are billed in USD on a US credit card. Easy peasy. But my advice still stands for someone like myself who lives in Canada.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Just ready to print out the Set Sail and i was posed with the following two options that have to deal with foreign currency exchange rates. i am paying with a US credit card RCCL BOA visa if that makes a difference. Which option??

A) I choose to pay my onboard charges in the currency of my card. I choose to use Royal Caribbean International's currency conversion program. This currency conversion transaction is based on wholesale exchange rates collected from Bloomberg plus a 3 percent international currency conversion fee. My choice to have charges billed in the currency of my card is final. I accept that the exchange rate used will be the rate in effect at the time the amounts are charged to my card.

B) I choose to have my credit card issuer convert my onboard charges to the currency of my card in lieu of participating in the Royal Caribbean International currency conversion program.

If I opt for my charges to be converted by my credit card issuer, or if my card is not billed in one of the billing currencies listed, my charges will be processed in the onboard currency (USD) and the issuer of my card may charge a service fee for currency conversion.

My understanding is that all charges on RCI ships is in USD, therefore you should have no problems (presuming your cards are from the US)...

Steve