Suite perks???

mra9955

Currently on Allure staying in an aquatheatre suite. So far very underwhelmed by the perks. Barely more than a standard cabin and certainly nothing special. The ship is nice and doesn't feel crowded but based on the past two days aboard I doubt I'd spend money on a suite again when similar perks come standard on celebrity. Am I the only one who feels the perks are not all that they're made up to be?

Currently on Allure staying in an aquatheatre suite. So far very underwhelmed by the perks. Barely more than a standard cabin and certainly nothing special. The ship is nice and doesn't feel crowded but based on the past two days aboard I doubt I'd spend money on a suite again when similar perks come standard on celebrity. Am I the only one who feels the perks are not all that they're made up to be?

Suite Lounge was good enough for me.....spent a LOT of time there last week. The free booze from 11-11 didn't hurt either :-)

The room is spacious but not really elegant as I would expect. Clear wear and tear (marks on walls, mildly stained furniture and so on). Room service very slow. Just overall feels like a few things that were normally standard are now perks. Was expecting a more refined and deferential experience.

Barely more than a standard cabin and certainly nothing special.

Have you actually done a comparison? :confused::confused::confused:

The ship is nice and doesn't feel crowded but based on the past two days aboard I doubt I'd spend money on a suite again when similar perks come standard on celebrity.

Standard for what category? Certainly not a standard cabin. :confused::confused::confused:

Am I the only one who feels the perks are not all that they're made up to be?

Probably yes.

• Room service -- You have a concierge who is there to assist. If room service is slow, did you call your concierge? Did you order room service through your concierge? I wouldn't be talking to anyone but my concierge when it comes to amenities and ordering them.

Calling the concierge instead of roomservice.. is that a normal thing to do in Suites? I am sailing in a GS for the first time in february so I have no clue

Am I the only one who feels the perks are not all that they're made up to be?

I'm trying NCL next week so I will have a comparison after that. What made me want to try another line because I felt they/Royal were not all that great. Then, one month later I'll be right back on Royal so I'll really be ready to compare.

I will say, I'm surprised you did not like Allure because it does have the suite lounge and CK. Try sailing a ship in a suite that does not have those options. That is where Royal really falls short.

At least now-on NCL, all suites, no matter what category or ship get the free beverage and dining package!! :)

I have 2 Oasis bookings in C1 balconies and keep checking prices to see if a suite opens up (preferably an Aqua Suite). I'm curious as to what part of the perks you find underwhelming. Your post is lacking in any real meat, and I have a tendency to not trust low post commenters on forums as I personally was hired years ago as a paid shill on forums for companies to denounce competition (it was fun and paid well).

The Aqua Suites appear to have a great view, an amazing location, a probably quieter hallway as you're not among the riff raff like I usually am embedded on deck two, etc.

Did you get priority check-in and personal embarkation help? Have you visited the Concierge Lounge? Pressing service for formal night? What other perks did you get that you didn't like?

Oasis and other big ships are getting new Suite Perks in May 2016: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

So you're saying that those that don't stay in suites are uncivilized? undesirable? Low life's?

What exactly?

So you're saying that those that don't stay in suites are uncivilized? undesirable? Low life's?

What exactly?

Funny story - as we were disembarking Allure on Sunday I was in the back of the suite line as they took us in front of all of the non-suite guests. After I started down the escalator, I heard a RCCL employee shout "Bring on the regulars" and then they allowed the non-suite guests to head down through the "maze". Thought it was a bit funny because I was in the suite line, but if I was standing there in the non-suite line I might have been a bit ticked.

Are you not happy with the suites lounge that is available to GS and higher and Pinnacles? Not even diamonds can get in unless staying a GS suite or higher. Same is true for coastal kitchen.

How about VIP seating for shows? How about VIP seating on the pool deck?

We went up from JS to GS a couple of years ago and would not want to return to the JS. On Allure we will be in a Crown Loft suite, our own private hallway on the same level at CK and suites lounge.

We stayed in a CL on the Oasis last month and spent lots of time in the Suite Lounge, ate breakfast daily and several dinners in CK...and generally loved the suite perks. It was nice having the concierge make reservations for us (we rarely got a "no" for anything). The CL itself was amazing. The suite sun deck was nice although we were only there a couple of times.

All in all the ability to get away from the "masses" was something that made our trip exponentially more enjoyable. I am not criticizing anyone individually... with the term "masses" I just mean it was nice to escape from the crowds and have a nice area to sit and have cocktails and some good meals every day.

I have read that the aqua suites are decorated similarly to other family or two bedroom suites. And are not as luxurious as the GS, CL, SL, or RS. You are however getting more sq. ft. (Unless it's one of the GS aquas) and an awesome aft balcony. Hope your cruise improves and you have a great time!

Edited by ajp76

We have had different experiences when booking suites.

Most recently we had the Royal Family Suite for our 9 night on the Vision. The room was nice, but dated. The stateroom attendant did nothing above and beyond what we experience in a normal cabin. We had to ask for bar soap when he didn't provide it the first day. Second day, no towels. Most days he didn't touch our room until 12:00-1:00 even though we were out by 8:00. We were his only suite, the rest of his cabins were normal.

Pressing- we didn't get to take advantage of that because it was only offered one day, and that happened to be our port day so we missed out.

MJ the concierge went above and beyond any way he could to take care of our needs. The special breakfast was the best meal we ate each day. We visited the lounge, but we bought the drink package, so the drinks don't mean anything to us. Plus with our status, we get access to the CL lounge regardless.

For us, I don't really see much benefit to the suite except square footage. But the space is what we booked the cabin for in the first place, not any benefits.

We have stayed in one of the new GS before they were renamed on the Oasis (14730) as well as two Cl both L1 and L2 on Allure.

OMG loved the suite life with the perks of CL and seating at shows.

Booked another CL for August.

They can keep those new suites I think they are A1-A2-A3.

Dont get me wrong it was kinda nice did it once, but do not compare to a C.L.

Enjoy

We have had different experiences when booking suites.

For us, I don't really see much benefit to the suite except square footage. But the space is what we booked the cabin for in the first place, not any benefits.

I think the suite benefits shine on the Oasis and Anthem class ships. Not so much on the others except for the square footage of the room.

... when similar perks come standard on celebrity. Am I the only one who feels the perks are not all that they're made up to be?

I'm not sure what the question/complaint is? You claim that "similar perks come standard on celebrity"... So if the perks you got are the same as you would get on Celebrity, what specifically is the complaint here?