Advice needed: got upgrade offer from Inside to Mini-Suite on GEM

plum24

$400 total or pp? If it's $400 total, and I could reasonably afford the cost, it would be a yes for me. I'd be willing to do a few less things (e.g., one less excursion, one less specialty restaurant, no spa treatments) to make up for that extra expenditure.

Great deal. The only problem with deck 11 is it will be noisy above in most of the mini suites. You are either below the pool area or worse the gym in the front. The only really quiet ones are the ones way up front on the starboard side. In the back you are below the pool area or garden buffet, both have lots of foot traffic. If you are a light sleeper it may(hopefully not) be a problem.

We upgraded from and inside to a balcony on deck 10 and when the price dropped again we were upgraded to a mini suite on deck 11, our room # was 11554 and it was great, middle of ship, bigger room, bigger balcony and a bigger bathroom with a bathtub. Only problem i can see is the bathtub is very high to get in and out so if that's a problem then keep that in mind. ;)

Always grab a quick look at the availability and pricing to see if the deal stacks up or if there might be a better option, The aft minis available they probably would have wanted much more.

Looks like Minis never went under $1200pp

Inside went from a low around $499pp to a high of around $1kpp so depends where you got in will make $200pp a decent deal to a very good one.

(Guessing the 13Dec as that is the roll call you are on)

Edited by insidecabin

Great deal. The only problem with deck 11 is it will be noisy above in most of the mini suites. You are either below the pool area or worse the gym in the front. The only really quiet ones are the ones way up front on the starboard side. In the back you are below the pool area or garden buffet, both have lots of foot traffic. If you are a light sleeper it may(hopefully not) be a problem.

We were in 11054 in June and there was no noise, and we will be in 11060 in February.

My TA was saying the room we got should be OK, it's an MB 11026, what do you think?