Cruise Discounts based on C&A Level

rpp77

Hi,

Just wondering if there are major differences in the discounts you recieve when booking cruises based on you level in C&A? I've got a long way to go, I'm only Gold, but just wondering what to expect as I climb up the thru the ranks. Do yu recieve a specific percentage off based on your level??? Based on the number of nights your sailing??? The ship your on???

Hi,

Just wondering if there are major differences in the discounts you recieve when booking cruises based on you level in C&A? I've got a long way to go, I'm only Gold, but just wondering what to expect as I climb up the thru the ranks. Do yu recieve a specific percentage off based on your level??? Based on the number of nights your sailing??? The ship your on???

Balcony discounts:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015457

Sometimes you are not entitled to your C&A Loyalty discounts, as there is a sale on, and it can be combined with one offer but not two? Something like that. (correct me anyone that has better info) So sometimes if you are logged in you may not see an OBC offer, and it can be best to check prices and then log on and check again.

We recently could not get the C&A discount when booking onboard as there was another sale offer running as well as the onboard offer.

With the running sales happening lately the balcony discount is looking a bit sad at times, a bit like your loyalty really is not being rewarded. Just saying!

I price out cruises on sale without logging in (and therefore not seeing the C&A discount) and I price with the C&A discount. Than I call my Vacation person at RCCL and tell them how to price it. I also get a shareholders benefit that cannot be combined so I just figure it all out what works out best for me and go from there.

Sometimes you are not entitled to your C&A Loyalty discounts, as there is a sale on, and it can be combined with one offer but not two? Something like that. (correct me anyone that has better info) So sometimes if you are logged in you may not see an OBC offer, and it can be best to check prices and then log on and check again.

We recently could not get the C&A discount when booking onboard as there was another sale offer running as well as the onboard offer.

With the running sales happening lately the balcony discount is looking a bit sad at times, a bit like your loyalty really is not being rewarded. Just saying!

This is not at all meant to be an offense - but I could not help but to notice your perspective when reading this. It was about what you could not take advantage of instead of what you could take advantage of. Half empty instead of half full. As you said "Just saying...."

;)

This is not at all meant to be an offense - but I could not help but to notice your perspective when reading this. It was about what you could not take advantage of instead of what you could take advantage of. Half empty instead of half full. As you said "Just saying...."

;)

No offense, I see where you are coming from, but they do offer to give you benefits for being in the loyalty program. They are working very hard to entice new cruisers, and that is a marketing plan that is totally their business. Sure, glass half full - I get the benefits of the Diamond lounge and priority boarding/disembarking, some internet, etc. All has not been lost :)

Just that the thread was originally about cruise discount based on your C&A level. Clarea gave the link to the factual table, but the reality is that more often lately there is no benefit as far as discounts, unless you want to give the OBC offerings a miss, like for your shareholder benefit.

I have stated it before, and will probably bore people with it again, it would seem to me that the table of benefits is due for a big overhaul, and head office needs to look at offering things for the loyalty program that are able to be delivered consistently. While I am on the soapbox, per person not per household too! :)

I agree. But be careful, last time I brought that up I was attacked as a greedy malcontent by some members................

Heading off from the original topic but I will chime in too ... if you have a loyalty program that supposedly offers a discount to loyal customers and then run a never ending bogus sale that offers a discount to all customers so that your loyal customers are unable to use their loyalty benefit then you don't have a loyalty program. Just fess up and say so.

Not much in savings really I don't find. Balcony discount is nice, but lots of limits and small print and a lot of time the C&A discount not combinable with the current sale and offer.

That being said, there are some nice perks you get, but most of those are after the emerald level, the diamond level and higher.

I have done 7 cruises (platinum level now) with 3 more booked that will get me to Emerald level and so far and the ONLY thing I have ever received is an invite to a welcome back party on ONE cruise.

So if that tells you anything....

Edited by monctonguy

Another options is to wait till the "sale" is over for prices to come down and book then:D

Sometimes your more ahead than an OBC or BOGO1/2 off 'not' sale.

Safe travels.

There's been continuous sales since May 2014.

There's been continuous sales since May 2014.

That's correct.

And since we booked our upcoming cruise next August while sailing on the Oasis we have gotten around $2200 off that booking by watching the prices go up and down, and up and down and up and down.

We have caught it twice when it really went down.

It pays to watch the prices.

Sea Ya

That's correct.

And since we booked our upcoming cruise next August while sailing on the Oasis we have gotten around $2200 off that booking by watching the prices go up and down, and up and down and up and down.

We have caught it twice when it really went down.

It pays to watch the prices.

Sea Ya

That would be great but, for the cruise in January 2017 that we booked several months ago, our category sold out within days of our booking it. I will check periodically to see if any cabins in that category become available, but every other time that has happened the prices were sky high compared to what we paid. It pays to book early if you want a certain category/cabin.

I don't know of any cruise line that offers a balcony discount!

On years, when we've sailed several Royal Caribbean cruises, we've saved around $1,000 when you add all those balcony discounts up!

Other discounts are free photos at Diamond, free laundry at Diamond +, and the Diamond Lounge.

Amenity gift at Emerald! We used to select bottled water so we don't have to buy it for our shore excursions.

You also get some internet, but honestly, since they changed the discount, I don't understand it. Most of the coupons before Diamond involve a discount when you buy something.

I don't know of any cruise line that offers a balcony discount!

On years, when we've sailed several Royal Caribbean cruises, we've saved around $1,000 when you add all those balcony discounts up!

Other discounts are free photos at Diamond, free laundry at Diamond +, and the Diamond Lounge.

Amenity gift at Emerald! We used to select bottled water so we don't have to buy it for our shore excursions.

You also get some internet, but honestly, since they changed the discount, I don't understand it. Most of the coupons before Diamond involve a discount when you buy something.

As a Diamond, you get a 24 hour block of unlimited internet use. Or you can apply the dollar amount to a package.

question...

I booked a cruise while Emerald for a cruise in Sept 2016.

In April I will reach diamond. If I ask my TA, will she be able to apply my updated diamond balcony discount to my already booked emerald discounted balcony?

Yes, you can apply the higher balcony discount to your cruise. However, your cruise will be re-priced to current pricing at that point.

question...

I booked a cruise while Emerald for a cruise in Sept 2016.

In April I will reach diamond. If I ask my TA, will she be able to apply my updated diamond balcony discount to my already booked emerald discounted balcony?

Yes.

BUT

RC will reprice your cruise to the price that exists at that time.

CHECK pricing before you let them change the balcony discount. :eek:

Isn't it just 1, 20oz bottle of water? How many shore excursion(s) can you do with just 1 bottle of water?