Intercontinental Miami to POM for Group of 9

April-in-NC

I have our transportation lined up from FLL to the hotel and the POM back to FLL, but I'm struggling on the best way to get us all from the hotel to the ship.

We are a group of 9, including an 80 year old with limited mobility and three kids (5, 3, 3) plus an estimated 10-12 pieces of luggage.

We are open to taxis, but will not be traveling with car seats (transportation company providing those on the other legs of the journey) so I'm not sure that is an option with the Florida car seat laws. I seem to remember the taxi fare being about $15 from the Bricknel area to the port but we would likely need two, if not three taxis if we can get around the car seat issue.

Any shuttle recommendations? Private is preferred, but shared is okay.

We had a group of 8, and also stayed at the InterContinental before our Breeze cruise in 2014.

Very few, if any, Miami hotels offer shuttles to the port.

We ended up just taking 2 taxis. It's only about 10 minutes away and the fare was low. I don't remember exactly, but I know it was "reasonable".

Good Luck!!!!!

Update: I feel pretty silly, but the company we are using for our airport transportation (based in Ft. Lauderdale) can actually do the hotel to pier transfer for us! I assumed since they were in FLL they wouldn't want to drive to Miami to drive us the 10 minutes to the pier.

So if anyone else is in this position check out John's Car Service in Ft. Lauderdale. https://www.johnscarservice.com/index.html

He provides car seats for no extra charge along with several other services. For our trip in January (again, 6 adults and 3 kids in car seats) he is charging $15 per passenger for private van service from Ft. Lauderdale to our Miami hotel, $8 per passenger from the hotel to the ship and then $15 per passenger from the ship back to the airport.

So far I've been very pleased with his responsiveness to my calls and emails!

8x9=72 dollars. intercontinental to the ship is less than 2 miles. I would opt for 2 large cabs to the ship. I have stayed there before and it is a real short ride.

But taxis are not an option for the OP because they are not bringing car seats.

OP - I suspect it will not save much, but I would also check with Super Shuttle to see if they can provide car seats and get your group from the IC to POM.