Calling All Princess Professionals - Refresher Course Needed!

BayouGirlUSA

My daughter and family had a standard balcony for 4. There were two twin beds and beds 3 and 4 came out of the ceiling when it was time for bed. As noted the bottom beds had to remain in twin bed configuration. Beds 3 and 4 were parallel to the beds on the floor. Could have actually been right above them. The room was very tight when the beds were down. Steward put them up during the day which helped as it was cave like with them down. Small chair near the slider and desk with a desk chair.

The app doesn't connect to the internet - more like the ships intranet. So no charges to use it and no facebook or eonline or cnn.

Thanks that's great!

Thanks for all of the information! As usual Cruise Critic Readers pull through and do an awesome job. I was glad about the single outlet reminder. Yes, with 3 women in the room, it will be a new set of challenges. I love the shoe hanger tip. I've never needed it before but I think it may come in handy for this cruise! NCL definitely has Princess beat on the size of the shower. I'm not looking forward to the shower size...NCL spoiled me BAD!

We talked to the Travel Agent and it does sound like the bunk will come out of the ceiling. That makes me feel better than a roll-away. The 3 of us are so easy going that I'm sure we'll all take turns if for some reason the bunk would be uncomfortable. It wouldn't be nice for one person to be uncomfortable for the duration of the cruise.

TimesPrince...welcome onboard!

Once again, thanks to all for contributing!

I agree about taking your own hair products.

The shampoo/conditioner offered left my hair a tangled mess.

Concerning Freeport, I would stay on the ship for a relaxing day in the Sanctuary or the Spa.

Princess Cays can offer you a beach day - prefer that over stops in Nassau or Freeport.

Enjoy your cruise !

We never go to the buffet for breakfast because it can be so chaotic. If you don't want a room service breakfast you have 2 additional options:

• the International Cafe serves a breakfast sandwich and a yogurt parfait (delicious) in addition to delectable pastries and coffee/tea. You can eat in the Piazza or they will give you everything in to-go cups and a cardboard tray and take it anywhere on the ship. On port days we take it back to our cabin and eat on the balcony.
  • On sea days full breakfast including daily specials will be offered in one of the MDRs (see the Patter for location). It is much more civilized than the buffet, especially since no one is in a rush to make an excursion.

Edited by capriccio

We have been to Freeport once. We did a private tour..... can't remember the name of the company... found out about it here on cruisecritic on the Bahamas board. We did a snorkel and beach excursion. It was great and cheaper than the ship Got back with plenty of time before the ship left.

Princess Cays.... nice beach day!

• 4 weeks later...

Here's another thought about sleeping arrangements. Years ago I shared a stateroom with 2 other male friends and the arrangement that I proposed and agreed was that whoever came back to the stateroom first got there pick on which bed. This worked out fine.

After your cruise please post and let us know how things went.

Tom:)

If you and your friends like to snorkel, or want to and have never tried, then try Dead man’s reef at Paradise Cove. There were 6 females in my group and we loved it. A guy named Elvis taught my 67YO friend how to snorkel and she took to it like, well, you know the expression. Good food too! Or you can relax on the beach in a lounge chair. This is family owned business and they'll take good care of you.

http://www.deadmansreef.com/#!freeport-bahamas-things-to-do/cvau

Your cabin is quite close to the adult pool, which has showers available for anyone. If you enter through the spa area just walk past the desk and turn left to the restrooms. Pool is on that level - you can see it when you turn.