did ANYONE have a good experience on independence of the seas?

We sailed Indy for Thanksgiving and it was great! Service was good, food was amazing, the ice show was the best! Even our 3 year old loved it. I try not to let negative reviews get to me. I treat each cruise like my first.

We have sailed on Freedom twice and Liberty once. I realize each ship and crew is different but RCCL always delivers. We will be on Indy, or first for her, on 12/24. Looking forward to RCCL again after so many years on Celebrity. I can't wait to see the Ice Show again.

Who was the Captain on the Thanksgiving Cruise? I hope there are still some ornaments left in the gift shop. I have one from each ship we sailed.

We did a side by side in July. One week on the Oasis followed by a week on the Independence of the Seas. We were worried about a possible let down going from Oasis to Indy but we were very wrong. The Freedom class ship is our favorite class and the week on the Indy did not disappoint. We had a great time!

Don't put too much weight on overly positive or overly negative reviews. Go in with a positive attitude. Enjoy your cruise!

DD2 and I were on the Indy last month. We had a great cruise, everything was perfect except disembarkation which is port issue, not a ship issue. We would go on her again without hesitation.

We just got off her this past october. We had a great time and have sailed freedom 4 times this past year and half. MDR was better than freedom and enchantment in our opinion. Service was good in mdr and cabin attendant was very good. Just had a bad time on disembarkation but as mommabear said it was not a ship issue. I can say love the new terminal at port canaveral were freedom docks better than port everglades. Canaveral seemed more organized.

Hi,

Have sailed Indy twice and had a fantastic time on her.

The first time we went on her we could only find fault with the food, but the second time the food had improved about 200%, which goes to show you should always try something at least twice to get a true picture of things.:D

Will probably sail on her again in the future.

We went on Anthem this year and we were worried by all the bad reviews as well but we had a fantastic cruise on Anthem. I now realize that there are a lot of complainers on CC and do not take other peoples word as gospel and experience things for myself to get a realistic impression of a ship.

I am sure you will have a lovely time on Indy.

Have a great cruise,

Mark.:)

Thanks everyone! This was comforting and I cant wait to set sail :)

We had 2 Great Cruises on Indy from Southampton and have another booked for June 2016. No issues at all. As for the Hilton in Mo Bay, we stayed there for a 2 Weeks a couple of years ago. Brilliant time.

Edited by zap99
spelling

Stop reading reviews. :):D We rarely spend time reading "reviews" on a specific RCCL ship. They are very subjective and often the bad ones spend time on things I could care less about or were isolated things that aren't commonplace. Individual ship reviews are generally a waste of time, just a reason to fret and worry about things you likely won't encounter.

After 12 years we've found all RCCL ships pretty consistent. If you like one you'll like another.

Edited by bouhunter

We have sailed on Freedom twice and Liberty once. I realize each ship and crew is different but RCCL always delivers. We will be on Indy, or first for her, on 12/24. Looking forward to RCCL again after so many years on Celebrity. I can't wait to see the Ice Show again.

Who was the Captain on the Thanksgiving Cruise? I hope there are still some ornaments left in the gift shop. I have one from each ship we sailed.

Ill wave to you!! You are getting off while we are getting in for NYE! Have a great time! Cant wait!

Just did the Independence of the Seas on 11/30 for the first time on RCL. Having cruise Carnival and Disney previously. Was impressed with the service both in the cabin, dining room and windjammer. I thought the entertainment was sparse. We had MTD at 5:30 p.m. each night and not a lot to do after dinner until about 10:00 p.m.

My problem with RCL is their lack of customer service at headquarters and at the guest relations desk. We did a burial at sea, got approval prior to booking, took my letter and documentation to guest services on the first day and they did not have a clue. I had to go to guest services almost every day to get it done on our second Sea day. It was nice quiet area where you can say a few words and but the biodegradable urn in the ocean. However, a week later I am still waiting on the certificate that is to come with this service. I know the service is free but when you promise something I expect delivery on that promise. I went to guest service later the night, not available; when on debarkation morning and was told "not printed yet we will e-mail it to you". No I am sorry, no sensitivity to the matter at hand that this was an emotional trip to begin with.

I have called RCL twice, sent an e-mail and still I wait. How hard is it to print a certificate with a name and the coordinates (I know the guest services person was on the phone with the bridge to get them).

Don't offer the service if you cannot provide it efficiently and with sensitivity.

This upcoming Monday, December 14th, I will be setting sail on the Independence of the Seas ship. After reading many reviews, I am a bit concerned. This will be my 10th cruise and I am 23 years old. I have sailed TWICE on the Explorer of the Seas and it was the best experience I have had thusfar. The food was incredible as well as the service and staff. The ship was overwhelmingly amazing and did not remotely compare to the other 8 carnival ships I have been on. Yet, online, many people are complaining about service, drink prices and entertainment. Has anyone had a positive experience on this ship?

In addition, this is the first time I will be docking in Falmouth. I've recently been to Ocho Rios where I went to the Blue hole and had an AMAZING time. However, I am considering going to the Hilton and paying $85 for an all inclusive day in Montego bay. Has anyone done this before? I'd appreciate comments

Thank you,

Jackie

Jackie, we will be sailing on Monday too! Can't wait. My son, 19 and his friend who is 20 will be sailing with us. Not sure who all you are going with, but if ya want someone to hang out with, they would love to make friends. This will be the first time my son has sailed since he turned 18, so it will be a different experience for him not going to the teen hang out. I am hoping there will be several cruisers close to their age going. :)

Just got off her yesterday, and loved it! This was our first RCCL cruise, previous 4 were on Disney. Had great customer service, plenty of drinks (extra alcohol poured each time), and quiet, clean stateroom. Like it so much we booked another for July 2016 on the Anthem of the Seas.

I didn't have a good experience but I still like royal. The MDR was super slow but my waiter was trying like crazy but it was obvious that he had lots of tables and his assistant wasn't helping him that much. On the other hand I had a great stateroom attendant the best I ever had. But overall I didn't like the experience at all. I have sailed with oasis to majesty difference ship size and style but I didn't like independence at all Edited by mcatmcat

We were on Indy the first week of November. Was the cruise perfect? No. Would we go back again? In a heartbeat!!!! The staff was wonderful, the ship was clean. The food isn't as good as it used to be, but we still feel Royal is a wonderful value for a vacation.

We have sailed on Indy several times and I'd have no issue sailing on the ship again. I do think the entertainment on the ship is a bit weak especially the production shows. But I don't really care. We just skip those shows and it gives us more time to do other things around the ship. I'm just as happy spending the evening out on deck taking in the sea and sky.

[quote name='Ocean Boy']We have sailed on Indy several times and I'd have no issue sailing on the ship again. I do think the entertainment on the ship is a bit weak especially the production shows. But I don't really care. We just skip those shows and it gives us more time to do other things around the ship. I'm just as happy spending the evening out on deck taking in the sea and sky.[/QUOTE]

Based on our experience, I agree with your post 100%

Dan