Nordam drydock

BUCKEYE BILL

Well, if she had one "a couple of years ago" then she is due, as drydocks are commonly done every 30 months, give or take.

A search finds this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2236572&highlight=noordam+dry+dock

where KK says a drydock was just done this last April. This is backed up by a couple of other threads indicating the same.

Search is your friend.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Well, if she had one "a couple of years ago" then she is due, as drydocks are commonly done every 30 moths, give or take.

A search finds this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2236572&highlight=noordam+dry+dock

where KK says a drydock was just done this last April. This is backed up by a couple of other threads indicating the same.

Search is your friend.

I can confirm without a doubt that they drydock was done in April 2015. I was on the cruise that ended with the ship going into drydock.

Well, if she had one "a couple of years ago" then she is due, as drydocks are commonly done every 30 months, give or take.

One of the sites-that-cannot-be-named says that Westerdam's last drydock was 2010 -- is it true? wouldn't that put her minimum 60 months?

I have seen some reviews slighting the Westy's decor/fabrics condition... but I try to take them with a grain of salt as matters of perception.

On a related note, before one of our previous cruises (Zaandam 11/14 or NA 4/15) there was a webpage floating around that had the year's calendars of the whole HAL fleet, where they would be... That would be much more convenient than Advanced Search on the HAL sight, punching in months and ships... anyone know where I can find that?

Nevermind about the drydock question, I found a CC thread that says she had upkeep in April 2014. Technical stuff to the bridge, something or other for the Neptune Lounge, upholstery in the Vista Lounge, at least some carpeting, and possibly the DiveIn started then? 30 months will take us to next fall I don't sail on her until March 2017... I guess no one know yet that far out...

Still would like to find that master calendar...

5696d8f51dce49884c473bca40e13965.png

previous cruises: 2xStatendam, Zaandam, Nieuw Amsterdam

also Norwegian Star...

Still would like to find that master calendar...

Look at the last page of the Cruise Atlases. The 2015-2016 Atlas covers as far as Apr 2016, and the 2016-2017 Atlas starts with May 2016.

For 2015-2016 it's on pages 212-Cover3

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/hal/cruiseatlas1516/?WT.ac=ebrochure_CruiseAtlas_1516_USD#/214

and for 2016-2017 it's on pages 224-225

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/hal/cruiseatlas1617/?WT.ac=ebrochure_CruiseAtlas_1617_USD#/226

Click on the charts to enlarge.

Edited by jtl513

I can confirm without a doubt that they drydock was done in April 2015. I was on the cruise that ended with the ship going into drydock.

You're correct, of course! NODM's most recent dry-dock was this year, 10-19 APR 15; among other things; new carpet in the Atrium, Ocean Bar, certain stateroom categories, Lido restaurant, hardwood flooring stripped in the Crow's Nest and Northern Lights, complete overhaul/new equipment in the show lounge, new flooring in the Salon, new Crew Mess, Scrubber project, etc.

Every 30 months, not moths!!!

cruz chic, one of your threads was among the ones confirming the linked thread.

Since Nordam is less than 15 years old, she can drydock every 5 years, with an in water diver inspection at the mid-period. It is only when the ship starts their 4th special survey interval (years 16 onwards) that drydocking intervals drop to twice in 5 years, with no interval exceeding 36 months to be exact.

Since Nordam is less than 15 years old, she can drydock every 5 years, with an in water diver inspection at the mid-period. It is only when the ship starts their 4th special survey interval (years 16 onwards) that drydocking intervals drop to twice in 5 years, with no interval exceeding 36 months to be exact.

But that's not the way HAL's been scheduling her maintenance and upkeep ;) Since joining HAL in January 2006, NODM has been dry-docked in March/April 2009, July 2010, April 2013 and April 2015

But that's not the way HAL's been scheduling her maintenance and upkeep ;) Since joining HAL in January 2006, NODM has been dry-docked in March/April 2009, July 2010, April 2013 and April 2015

Some shipowners prefer to drydock at mid-period, rather than in water inspection. Sometimes they don't set the ship up for UWILD, which requires some modifications to sea chest gratings to allow divers to open them, and hull markings underwater showing the boundaries of various spaces.

Some shipowners prefer to drydock at mid-period, rather than in water inspection. Sometimes they don't set the ship up for UWILD, which requires some modifications to sea chest gratings to allow divers to open them, and hull markings underwater showing the boundaries of various spaces.

Roger that!

As for the next one, usually I would say it's pretty routine but if they like what happens with Eurodam with the Billboard Onboard, Lincoln Center Stage, Gallery Bar, etc it's likely to go on the rest of the Vista Class that share the same footprint.

I believe Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam are Signature class. Not sure which ships will receive the changes you are referring to

I believe Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam are Signature class. Not sure which ships will receive the changes you are referring to

They both will, EUDM as we speak in her current dry dock in Freeport. You're right; different class - Signature as opposed to Vista, but similar internal layout with the exception of the extra deck (Deck 11) for Tamarind/Silk Den on the Signatures and the Explorations Café/Screening Room locations on some of the Vistas

IIRC the reason that Noordam had a dry dock in 2010 was that it was originally scheduled for 2011 but was brought forward when Noordam's charter for the Football World Cup in South Africa was cancelled at the last moment.

IIRC the reason that Noordam had a dry dock in 2010 was that it was originally scheduled for 2011 but was brought forward when Noordam's charter for the Football World Cup in South Africa was cancelled at the last moment.

And that would explain the one year, instead of two, spacing in 2010 from 2009. Thanks Bishop!