Sky Suites get Michaels Club Holiday cruises only?

Dinomia1

Booked a Veranda on Constellation for Dec 17 2015. Contacted by Celebrity and bought an upgrade to Sky Suite. Original listing of Sky Suite perks included Michaels Club,now, five days before we sail it says Sky Suites get Michaels Club on "holiday sailings only". Call to customer service confirms this...seems like Celebrity pulled a bait and switch! Rethinking my commitment to them. Any comments?

Unfortunately for us that's not what the Celebrity site said when I booked the suite. Article written by Cruise Critic editor stated Sky Suites were getting access to Michael's Club but only "holiday" cruises. So don't be fooled by Celebrities marketing tricks.

Unfortunately for us that's not what the Celebrity site said when I booked the suite. Article written by Cruise Critic editor stated Sky Suites were getting access to Michael's Club but only "holiday" cruises. So don't be fooled by Celebrities marketing tricks.

Can you provide a link to this article?

Booked a Veranda on Constellation for Dec 17 2015. Contacted by Celebrity and bought an upgrade to Sky Suite. Original listing of Sky Suite perks included Michaels Club,now, five days before we sail it says Sky Suites get Michaels Club on "holiday sailings only". Call to customer service confirms this...seems like Celebrity pulled a bait and switch! Rethinking my commitment to them. Any comments?

The web site does not say that,I think you are misquoting what it actually says. This is the wording as of writing this post.

Access to the private Michael's Club Lounge (beginning on 2015 Holiday Sailings)

This is a new perk for Sky suites and that is when it officially starts. From what I understand on some ships it has already

started.

Also, here is a link from a post which was dated Nov. 12, 2015.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/15047556_CEL_Suite_Class_Promo_Flyer.pdf

Here is the link from article by Host Laura and it clearly states the dates the sky suites begin receiving these benefits. Says nothing about Holiday Sailings only.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6655

Edited by dkjretired

I am on the same cruise as you. I originally had a Sky Suite but got the call to upgrade to a Celebrity suite. Prior to that, where I saw the specific amenity was in the reservation. Go onto the Celebrity website and log into your reservation. Click on Manage Reservation, then next to your cabin assignment there is a "View" link. Click on that and scroll down. There is a section called "All cabins include". When I had the Sky Suite assigned, that showed access to Michael's club. Now it may be a generic description, but I assumed I was going to have access based on that description. If I were you I would print that out and bring it with you. Not that the ship has to comply with whatever is written on the website, but at the very least you have some documentation with which to make your case.

Others on various threads have indicated any sailing after the Dec 16th sailing is where it starts. But "holiday sailings" could be defined as a sailing that goes through Christmas, which ours doesn't since it is only a 5 day cruise. Good luck.

Edited by WEGL81

Hi,

We just got on the Equinox yesterday. We have a Sky suite and I contacted the MC host and as we were told the benefit of using the MC club will begin on the December 21 sailing here...all else has been really nice as always

Correct, yours is a holiday cruise. My problem is what was on the Celebrity site for Sky suite showed MC available for my cruise was changed to holiday cruises. I know they changed it (or corrected) because I showed it to fellow cruisers at work. By the way, Equinox is the best run Celebrity ship that I have been aboard.

The web site does not say that,I think you are misquoting what it actually says. This is the wording as of writing this post.

Access to the private Michael's Club Lounge (beginning on 2015 Holiday Sailings)

This is a new perk for Sky suites and that is when it officially starts. From what I understand on some ships it has already

started.

Also, here is a link from a post which was dated Nov. 12, 2015.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/15047556_CEL_Suite_Class_Promo_Flyer.pdf

Here is the link from article by Host Laura and it clearly states the dates the sky suites begin receiving these benefits. Says nothing about Holiday Sailings only.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6655

Correct, I did misquote but the fact remains that my upgrade to Sky included MC when I booked it and was changed sometime after, about two weeks.

Travel perks/options can change at anytime. The contract allows it. The cruise line and/or tour company can make changes that may improve or lessen your experience. I have been the victim of negative changes after booking. I have also benefited from added benefits too. Even if you have it in writing, don't expect anyone to honor what it states. I know that you feel cheated. Talk to the Hotel Director and express how you truly feel. You may be lucky and get MC.

Am wondering why the confusion. MC is open to all suites BEGINNING with holiday sailings. Celebrity put no ending date on this. It is not a bait and switch and you should have access.

If when you booked MC was available (still think it will be) and they deny simply show something that shows it was there when you booked and you will get that perk. The hotel director can and will make it happen for you just as they did for us a while ago when we changed cabins.

I understand the confusion about Sky Suite perks. We booked a 12 day cruise for 2017 on Celebrity last week. When I booked the cruise, the Sky Suites Features & Highlights listed 2 complimentary dinners in specialty restaurants but no mention of Michael's Club. This was on the very page of the actual cruise that showed the price, the cabin number, etc. However, when I view the link in my reservation next to the cabin, it lists Michael's Club beginning with holiday 2015, but no mention of any complimentary dining perks. So, which is it? Or is it both? The details and perks for that particular booking and cabin should be very clear to the customer showing exactly what is going to be provided. I actually checked a Sky Suite yesterday on the same cruise. The price of the cabin has been changed (increased) but the Features and Highlights still do not match the list on my booking/reservation of the same exact cruise.

Edited by corakari
added

I understand the confusion about Sky Suite perks. We booked a 12 day cruise for 2017 on Celebrity last week. When I booked the cruise, the Sky Suites Features & Highlights listed 2 complimentary dinners in specialty restaurants but no mention of Michael's Club. This was on the very page of the actual cruise that showed the price, the cabin number, etc. However, when I view the link in my reservation next to the cabin, it lists Michael's Club beginning with holiday 2015, but no mention of any complimentary dining perks. So, which is it? Or is it both? The details and perks for that particular booking and cabin should be very clear to the customer showing exactly what is going to be provided. I actually checked a Sky Suite yesterday on the same cruise. The price of the cabin has been changed (increased) but the Features and Highlights still do not match the list on my booking/reservation of the same exact cruise.

The specialty restaurants perk is gone for the sky suites however the Michaels Club has been added. If you do some research on this board it has been reported about a month ago when the changes were made.

Am wondering why the confusion. MC is open to all suites BEGINNING with holiday sailings. Celebrity put no ending date on this. It is not a bait and switch and you should have access.

If when you booked MC was available (still think it will be) and they deny simply show something that shows it was there when you booked and you will get that perk. The hotel director can and will make it happen for you just as they did for us a while ago when we changed cabins.

The confusion was that someone misread something and then posted on here incorrect info. The OP can't produce the wording that he/she says caused the confusion.

dkjretired is not totally accurate. You will have access to Michaels Club and because your reservation was made prior to 1/1/16 you will still have 2 complimentary dinners in specialty restaurants on your cruise.

dkjretired is not totally accurate. You will have access to Michaels Club and because your reservation was made prior to 1/1/16 you will still have 2 complimentary dinners in specialty restaurants on your cruise.

That's why I referred them to the other threads....

Thanks, I thought I read that on the forum somewhere but I have not seen it anywhere on the website or Celebrity literature. I guess for those of us not familiar with the dining venues or MC, it is confusing to have different perks listed on the same booking and reservation. We can't wait for our cruise though, so whatever we get, we will enjoy (and not know what we are missing). ;)

That's why I referred them to the other threads....
Hi, if you have a link about booking before 1/1/16 would be greatly appreciated. I saw the MC link you posted but have searched many threads for so much information, my head is spinning. Edited by corakari
added

Hi, if you have a link about booking before 1/1/16 would be greatly appreciated. I saw the MC link you posted but have searched many threads for so much information, my head is spinning.

Below is a link to the thread I believe you are looking for. If you go to post 19, the poster states that Celebrity will honor those who posted before the change and Celebrity has stated so on Facebook. I don't do Facebook so perhaps you can check there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2281462&highlight=restaurant+for+sky+suites&page=2

Below is a link to the thread I believe you are looking for. If you go to post 19, the poster states that Celebrity will honor those who posted before the change and Celebrity has stated so on Facebook. I don't do Facebook so perhaps you can check there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2281462&highlight=restaurant+for+sky+suites&page=2

Thanks, I will take their word for it that Celebrity will honor it since several have gotten confirmation on the date. Hope the OP has a great cruise despite the confusion on the upgrade. I agree it was and still is somewhat confusing about who gets what and when. For those who do not want SS to have MC access, I promise I won't try to squeeze in if it is crowded - not into crowds! Edited by corakari

Does anyone know the legal capacity of MC? A poster reported that there were less chairs than people now eligible for MC.

I cannot answer your question.

As an aside, every single room/bar/place/restaurant/theater on the ship has fewer chairs than people who are eligible.

Does anyone know the legal capacity of MC? A poster reported that there were less chairs than people now eligible for MC.

This is no more relevant than Luminae having enough seats at the same time for all passengers (which is definitely doesn't) any more than the theater or main dining room which also can't seat all passengers simultaneously. First, not everyone will use it at the same time. Second, the seating varies in every ship, they're not all identical. Third, the number of passengers varies on every sailing as suites change occupancy, some sailings have different number of zenith guests and some sailings have VIPs.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPad using fat fingers and Tapatalk

Based on Silhouette. There are about 40 seats depending on how many you assign to the bench seats under the windows. There are approx 150 pax entitled to use the space via suite entitlement (depending on how may have more than 2 passengers which may be quite a few if it is in the school holidays) plus Zenith members.