Booking B2B as a single cruise

moki'smommy

I know this was discussed recently, but I'm not clear on things. I saw a long cruise on the Princess web site and booked it. I later saw that it was available as 2 separate B2B cruises. When I go to the "cruise personalizer," I can see that it is already shown as 2 cruise credits.

Will I receive one or two shareholder credits? Will I get one or two allotments of internet minutes? (or in another case, if the first "leg" made me platinum, would I get the internet minutes on the second leg?).

Obviously, I could cancel and rebook as 2 separate cruises but that costs slightly more and I haven't seen a price that beats what we already have.

Thoughts?

You will get two cruise credits (assuming you are a double not in a suite). You will become Platinum after the first cruise but it will probably require an adjustment on the part of the Captains Circle host to actually get your internet minutes since your initial card will be dated until the end of the second cruise and will be Ruby colored.

To answer the last question first if one was going to earn the next higher Captains Circle level after the first leg I am pretty sure it would be necessary to book as two different cruises with two booking numbers to get most of the new benefits. The Circle Host may be willing to reissue your cruise card in your new color at the start of the second leg, but I'm pretty sure you would need to have two different booking numbers to have new benefits kick in. For your cruise only one booking number definitely means only one shareholder OBC but it should be based on the total length, not just the first leg. As for the internet benefit there are still reports of two separate free bundles of minutes even when booked as one cruise, though others have reported being told that one booking number equals only one internet package. So this seems to be at the mercy of the internet manager of each individual ship (the usual consistent inconsistency from Princess).

Last year we were on a 14 day (which could have been a 7&7 B2B) and became friends with another couple who had also booked it as a 14 day.

Our cards had the total 14 day dates on them. Their cards only showed the dates for 7 days.

They were concerned because they had booked a 14 day so checked with Captains Circle.

Seems because they would have completed 15 cruises after the first 7 days, they were given their Elite cards for the second 7 days with their mini-bar set up, etc.

As mentioned, Princess is inconsistent with its polices from ship to ship so it's always best to check with the Captains Circle Host on the ship.

LuLu

Last year we were on a 14 day (which could have been a 7&7 B2B) and became friends with another couple who had also booked it as a 14 day.

Our cards had the total 14 day dates on them. Their cards only showed the dates for 7 days.

They were concerned because they had booked a 14 day so checked with Captains Circle.

Seems because they would have completed 15 cruises after the first 7 days, they were given their Elite cards for the second 7 days with their mini-bar set up, etc.

As mentioned, Princess is inconsistent with its polices from ship to ship so it's always best to check with the Captains Circle Host on the ship.

LuLu

We were on two B2B cruises this past September. After the first 7 days we stayed in the same cabin for the next leg of the T/A portion. We visited the purser desk as soon as we returned to the ship from a day touring in Southampton and were upgraded to platinum status, given new cruise cards, and our free Internet minutes.

Just visit the purser desk and they have all your records. We only had one booking number for the total 23 day cruise even though some passengers left the ship after the first seven days.

Howard

One shareholder OBC based on the total number of days of the booking number.

Two internet mins based on the length of each leg. Unused internet mins from the first leg may or may not carry over to the second leg. We have had it both ways.

Edited by sknight

On my recent cruise (booked as one 22 day cruise) I received 500 internet minutes. Some passengers booked as one 7 day and one 15 day segment. The few people I talked to that booked segments received internet minutes for each segment -- which totals 100 minutes less than the minutes allocated for a 22 day cruise.

Don't really know what the "policy" is but this is how it worked.

We just returned from a 14 day b2b that combined 2 seven day cruises. We had one booking number but the internet minutes were given as two separate weeks. It worked out to be more than if we had been given the number of minutes based on the one 14 day cruise.:) We received our Elite pins on the last cruise day.