Staggered embarkation coming to NOLA

Indytraveler83

Thanks for taking up an early spot even though you don't need it. Thoughtful and considerate of you. More demonstration of the 'me' sense of entitlement.

Thanks. Glad to be of service.

I got the same email and the direction that i MUST select a time. So I did. How about instead of being so pleasant, going to the web site and getting an early assignment for yourself.

I can sympathize with your frustration but they are giving people notice so you can plan ahead of time. We were delayed unexpectedly about 10 hours in New Orleans once with a 10 month old and many family members in tow and while it was frustrating we made the best of it and found things to do to pass the time. Hopefully Carnival is only going to implement the staggered boarding to areas that have a good port area with things to do and see. Galveston and New Orleans are perfect examples of this as they both have a lot of places you could visit within walking distance from the cruise terminal.

So what is really being said is that rather than build adequate facilities it's a good thing to increase the confusion outside the cruise terminal and inconvenience passengers who for numerous reasons, (most of which have nothing to do with ego), are early.

Consider those flying in day of. Arriving on the earliest flight possible. Unable to get an early boarding time. Where are they supposed to wait before entering the cruise terminal?

The argument that it is going to make things easier and more pleasant because several thousand people are not all in a terminal at the same time ignores human nature and the realities of the situation. Most passengers are still going to arrive when they want. Even those with a passing intention of arriving within their window are going to tend to arrive early. Since most are traveling some distance and their arrival time is dependent on factors well outside their control, what is really going to happen is that those not inside the terminal are simply going to be milling around outside the terminal.

Disagreeing with something is not making a "big deal" of it. Cavalier dismissal of potential problems is to my mind cheer leading. There will be those who are unable to simply select an earlier boarding time. There will be those with travel arrangements beyond their control. Pointing this out is not making a big deal, it is simply pointing out potential difficulties. I have yet to see any positive suggestions on how those issues can be resolved. The suggestion that these problems are easily solved by selecting an earlier time verges on nonsense. It certainly ignores the fact that earlier time slots are more likely to close quickly.

Ships take years to plan an build. While the fleet has grown, sadly Carnival has not seen fit to make similar investments improving shore-side facilities.

So what is really being said is that rather than build adequate facilities it's a good thing to increase the confusion outside the cruise terminal and inconvenience passengers who for numerous reasons, (most of which have nothing to do with ego), are early.

Consider those flying in day of. Arriving on the earliest flight possible. Unable to get an early boarding time. Where are they supposed to wait before entering the cruise terminal?

The argument that it is going to make things easier and more pleasant because several thousand people are not all in a terminal at the same time ignores human nature and the realities of the situation. Most passengers are still going to arrive when they want. Even those with a passing intention of arriving within their window are going to tend to arrive early. Since most are traveling some distance and their arrival time is dependent on factors well outside their control, what is really going to happen is that those not inside the terminal are simply going to be milling around outside the terminal.

Disagreeing with something is not making a "big deal" of it. Cavalier dismissal of potential problems is to my mind cheer leading. There will be those who are unable to simply select an earlier boarding time. There will be those with travel arrangements beyond their control. Pointing this out is not making a big deal, it is simply pointing out potential difficulties. I have yet to see any positive suggestions on how those issues can be resolved. The suggestion that these problems are easily solved by selecting an earlier time verges on nonsense. It certainly ignores the fact that earlier time slots are more likely to close quickly.

Ships take years to plan an build. While the fleet has grown, sadly Carnival has not seen fit to make similar investments improving shore-side facilities.

Wow, did this take off into the outer limits. Obviously they have to work out the kinks. Instead of claiming that they inadequate facilities, let's look at the facts.

First of all, a large portion of Carnival cruisers (probably much higher than any other cruise line) drive to the port instead of fly in. For them, it is a simple adjustment.

Secondly the next biggest batch fly in the day before a cruise (which you mention but kind of lump in with early the day of). You then make a gross assumption that hotels will not adjust shuttles, which I would believe is totally untrue. As example t that, when we sailed on OOTS and tried to arrange for a shuttle the hotel said, RCCL does not allow you to get there before 11, so in fact they do pander to what the cruise line does or wants.

Lastly, let's look at same day fly ins, by far the smallest of all options. My guess is that Carnival will not turn these people away but treat them separately. The vast majority of these will in fact arrive and get to the port in line with what their boarding time is.

This change is make the embarkation process better. Instead of 3,500 people showing up at 10:00 am and clogging up the facility, they get their in line with when they can board the ship. Weddings, diamond, Platinum and FTTF by right of their status can board at their leisure. Sounds like a win win to me. When I see people post "Well this will make me choose another cruise line to sail with the next time, because it's my vacation" (not you but others have said this here), then I say, you might want to check on what the other line's rules are and secondly, happy cruising.

We have FTTF but also signed up yesterday for 10:30 to 11:00.

Thanks for taking up an early spot even though you don't need it. Thoughtful and considerate of you. More demonstration of the 'me' sense of entitlement.

Nice response Stolid... :rolleyes:

We are Platinum and did the same thing. REASON: I plan to arrive at that time and want them to know it and be staffed for it.;)

Wow, did this take off into the outer limits. Obviously they have to work out the kinks. Instead of claiming that they inadequate facilities, let's look at the facts.

First of all, a large portion of Carnival cruisers (probably much higher than any other cruise line) drive to the port instead of fly in. ...

Secondly the next biggest batch fly in the day before a cruise ...

Lastly, let's look at same day fly ins, by far the smallest of all options ...

This change is make the embarkation process better. Instead of 3,500 people showing up at 10:00 am and clogging up the facility, they get their in line with when they can board the ship. Weddings, diamond, Platinum and FTTF by right of their status can board at their leisure. Sounds like a win win to me. When I see people post "Well this will make me choose another cruise line to sail with the next time, because it's my vacation" (not you but others have said this here), then I say, you might want to check on what the other line's rules are and secondly, happy cruising.

Any hard data to backup the claims related to the proportion of people arriving by various means?

Very easy to suggest that staggered boarding is "win win" when one is not affected by its constraints. Well, other than having to elbow ones way through the throngs waiting outside the terminal door for their boarding window to open. ;)

I generally treat threats to stop using a particular cruise line as poetic license. In the heat of the moment people often go a bit farther than they intend. I will say though that RCI allows anyone into the terminal after 11am. One may sit and wait a fair bit, but at least one is inside an air conditioned building usually sitting on a chair of some sort. Not milling about outside breathing diesel and assorted other fumes.

Call me a cheerleader all you want. Doesn't faze me. And yes I stick by what I said. Everyone complaining is making a big deal out of something few have even experienced and creating situations that again are not that big a deal. Imo that is complaining to complain.

If I were to drive to the port and knew I was two hours early I would simply find something else to do for two hours. I certainly wouldn't mill around the terminal Parking lot. If I was staying in a hotel I would get a late breakfast and relax there until time. I did it on my last cruise. We stayed in the hotel eating breakfast and relaxing for quite a while before we departed for the terminal.

This is not life and death. You are not being forced to wander the parking lot for hours before you check in. Good lord.

What do you do if you arrive early to check in for a hotel and the room isn't ready? Do you demand they let you into a dirty room or do you find something else to do until it's ready?

You are creating drama where none exists. I wouldn't be surprised if other lines followed suit and started doing this as well once they see how it flows on carnival.

Edited by BeachChik

I booked an early spot and that's exactly when I intend to arrive. Why should I lie and give a different time then use my priority to arrive at my intended time only to find the lines long because the real 'me' entitled people talked others into giving false arrival times?

Not milling about outside breathing diesel and assorted other fumes.

This is amusing.

You wouldn't want to breathe nasty fumes waiting in the parking lot but are ok with the pollution that you breathe once on the ship? Just a quick search says that diesel exhaust emissions on a one week cruise are equivalent to thousands of automobiles. But darn the cruise line for making you inhale dirty air while in the parking lot.

It isn't Carnival's responsibility to make your check in cohesive with your other travel plans.

They have already said that those using Carnival's airport transfer don't have to wait at the terminal. Also, FTTF and priority guests don't have to wait.

If you are arriving by plane and don't use Carnival..just wait at the airport until your arrival at the pier coincides with your boarding time.

If hotels stop their shuttles at 11am....take a cab. Any hotel worth their salt will let you stay in the lobby for a few hours...or bite the bullet and work out a late check out. And, remember, hotels are dependent on cruises to fill their rooms, not the other way round. They should be the ones accomodating you not the cruise line.

If you are arriving by car...time it. There is always plenty of parking though it may not be curbside.

Any hard data to backup the claims related to the proportion of people arriving by various means?

Very easy to suggest that staggered boarding is "win win" when one is not affected by its constraints. Well, other than having to elbow ones way through the throngs waiting outside the terminal door for their boarding window to open. ;)

I generally treat threats to stop using a particular cruise line as poetic license. In the heat of the moment people often go a bit farther than they intend. I will say though that RCI allows anyone into the terminal after 11am. One may sit and wait a fair bit, but at least one is inside an air conditioned building usually sitting on a chair of some sort. Not milling about outside breathing diesel and assorted other fumes.

Only my long experience as a travel agent who books lots of cruises for clients (it's real, but you can believe me or not).;) Carnival by far, has the most home ports, they made that decision to put their ships in ports where the greatest percentage of population can get to a ship without flying (within a 3 hour commute). I suggest a win win because it will be (for the VAST majority of cruisers) once implemented to all home ports. I, for the life of me cannot think it is better to get 3,500 people in a space meant for 500 to be a better experience. It had gotten so everyone shows up 10:00 am and clogs the area up. Then the crowd gets ugly when priority gets to board. Is this a good way to start a cruise? Is that better, no...not for anyone. Staging embarkation is by far the best answer. Does it require some fine tuning, yes, but that will be corrected. The fact is you embrace it as an improvement (and it will be once the emotion settles down) or you can look for every negative angle.

RCCL built a new facility for Oasis and Allure because they had to. Does channeling 5,000 people into many different areas help the problem, sure it does, but smoke and mirrors only go so far. Will they do that for every homeport? Not a chance, but they will add Miami but that's it.

This thread is hilarious just like all of the others on this subject have been. And it'll probably be closed and zapped like the others.

I don't like every change Carnival makes but I've yet to have one so disturb me that I would cancel my cruise as some have said they will do. Overly dramatic and indeed people need to take a deep breath and relax already.

The same folks up in arms over a simple change are likely the same ones that have had no problem crowding the port arriving .10 seconds after the ship returns from the last trip. I've seen people harass the port employees because they want on the ship right now! I've seen countless posts telling people to ignore the suggested times - all in the name of arriving as early as possible. Even emails sent from Carnival telling folks about inspections that will delay boarding still went ignored and laughed at. And while many may have never witnessed chaos during check-in, many more have. Something needed to be done overall.

It is not Carnival's responsibility or problem to sort out YOUR pre cruise travel plans. Figure it out on your own just as you do hotel and flight check-in times. Moreover, the feedback from Galveston has been largely positive. Tweaks need to happen and will to make things better. But no amount of foot stomping is going to reverse the decision, because it was necessary due to the blatant disregard of many when asked nicely. I applaud Carnival for finally doing something about the obnoxious crowd that caused the problem. If one can't get an early check in, get fttf, or otherwise be priority, I guess you just fresh outta luck. Life goes on.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

This is amusing.

You wouldn't want to breathe nasty fumes waiting in the parking lot but are ok with the pollution that you breathe once on the ship? Just a quick search says that diesel exhaust emissions on a one week cruise are equivalent to thousands of automobiles. But darn the cruise line for making you inhale dirty air while in the parking lot.

Any hard data to backup the claim? I have never been aboard a cruise ship and smelled diesel fumes. I have read several fascinating accounts of how much engineering goes into the exhaust system of a cruise ship. True cruise ships are not the most environmentally friendly means of travel. False those aboard breath in the equivalent of thousands of vehicle exhausts.

Only my long experience as a travel agent who books lots of cruises for clients (it's real, but you can believe me or not).;) ... Staging embarkation is by far the best answer. Does it require some fine tuning, yes, but that will be corrected. The fact is you embrace it as an improvement (and it will be once the emotion settles down) or you can look for every negative angle.

I don't doubt the experience. But I do question statistical conclusions based on a single observer dealing with those who book in a particular manner.

I would argue about what is the "best answer". I can think of a number of methods. Some of which would not involve great expense. One could, as has been suggested by someone else in this thread, run a second boarding ramp. One could also move taking account pictures shore-side and set up many more terminals for the task. One could eliminate any but essential hold-ups in boarding. Add a few more baggage scanners, etc.

Perhaps self check-in terminals could be looked at. Current tech should allow for this. Even if a few roving employees were needed to assist, many more people could be processed. Printing the sea pass card upon demand involves very stable technology. New passports can be easily verified electronically and the picture matched to the person standing in front of the terminal. Heck, the picture could then be used for the on board account. Not every one could be processed in this manner, but many could.

My principal objection is that I think Carnival is misguided if it thinks staggered boarding is going to do much to speed up the process or improve the experience.

I understand people who have currently booked cruises being worried about the window for "boarding time" selection opening up and them not knowing about it because they've already checked in/don't know when it will be available and may not see it right away to a degree, but I really wonder why anyone who is on CC and thus knowledgeable about the procedures etc would have to worry about not getting a decent boarding time anyway. This is a very small % of cruisers we have here, many won't know and some won't care about the windows ahead of time as much as many of us here, and I really would be surprised if anyone here (many of whom book cruises WAY ahead of time and book ES and such) wasn't able to get a decent window for any except a truly last-minute cruise. (And last minute cruises are getting expensive lately anyway and no longer a steal.)

Serious question - Has anyone on here who cruised through Galveston recently and was looking HERE before their cruise really had a hard time getting a window they wanted?

So, I think a lot of this is fuss over nothing. The one thing I heard from Galveston that I hope they improve is the fact that Priority guests were often turned away if they picked a later time (let in eventually, it seemed, but it was a battle because staff was not properly informed) and that signage was not properly affixed. But that's why you test things. So hopefully they are fixing those issues before rolling it out.

According to your signature, you already have two cruises out of Jacksonville booked. So either you have fttf or you know already to be on the lookout to see if it's implemented by the time you sail so you can go ahead and pick your check-in time, or you're about to cancel. There is no reason why anyone that knows about the process should be complaining. You have a heads up. JH has already stated that this is going to be rolled out and that times will be strictly enforced. I can see people who have no earthly clue and will find out the hard way, but you're amongst the ones that's already booked and aware of the policy. I don't understand why you would contemplate cancelling.

The old emails were sent to everyone. They didn't weed out those with FTTF. Regardless it didn't work. Most didn't listen and ignored it. It was funny to be so dismissive. Me, me, me. Well....hence the new process.

If you had truly read my signature line you'd note the cruise out of Jacksonville had already occurred. And my upcoming cruise out of Tampa I do have FTTF. I've had FTTF for the last FOUR cruises. I do not purchase FTTF to be the "first one on the ship" I purchase it for my husband who has spine issues. I also believe Carnival does NOT have kinks worked out and it'll be a good long while until they do. For instance I've noted MANY times they send you the "email" about when to arrive in port..it's an email that goes out without regard to Priority status or FTTF status. Seriously that needs to be addressed. You shouldn't even have to choose a check in time..it should be automatically in the first hour time frame. Also before you lump everyone into the me, me, me category claiming they just want to be the first ones on the ship perhaps you should relax, regroup and know that it's not a matter of first on the ship for some. . :rolleyes:

False equivalence. According to Carnival, if one arrives early one is not allowed into the cruise terminal. Airports generally allow people to enter at any time. Airlines usually let people check-in and wait in the departure lounge up to 3 hours before boarding.

If staggered boarding "should of always been done", isn't it amazing that somehow Carnival survived and thrived for more than 40 years without doing so?

They have thrived for 40 years but have only had FTTF for a short time. I think the problem is all of the FTTF people who get there early because they paid to be the first on the ship - thus creating crowds well before a normal boarding time. The increase in Plats has also contributed somewhat.

I agree with the idea that if you have Prioity boarding, you should not have to choose a check-in time since you will have a dedicated checkin line at the terminal anyway. There should be a option for Priority boarding to choose and that would free up more slots for those without Priority. However, since I did not have that option, I chose the early time slot I wanted. I'm sorry that I am taking a time slot someone else wants but I'm not going to try to figure out which time is the least wanted.

Good point! Besides, if you do choose a later time and show up earlier, what happens if an overzealous rent-a-cop or uninformed terminal worker refuses to admit you because you chose 2:30, but decide to enter at 11:00?

They have thrived for 40 years but have only had FTTF for a short time. I think the problem is all of the FTTF people who get there early because they paid to be the first on the ship - thus creating crowds well before a normal boarding time. The increase in Plats has also contributed somewhat.

This makes no sense as far as reasoning, as Carnival sets the number of FTTF and the new policy exempts FTTF and Plats anyway. So their impact is literally unchecked by the new policies. The number of FTTF and Plats are always fairly low and usually those folks are onboard within 15-20 minutes if there early. This may delay general boarding, but...by 15-20 minutes. I don't see how this can be the issue exactly. Even with more Plats, except for something like a Journey's cruise, where the Plat % is very high, I don't see that being the issue.

I think people forget that priority boarding doesn't mean 'EARLY BOARDING" in the true sense. Some people with priority boarding may choose a later time and show up then knowing that their status moves them to the front of the line and makes it so that once through check in they can immediately walk on not wait for a boarding number to be called.

And, strange as it may seem to hundreds here, many passengers will CHOOSE a later boarding time because they aren't so concerned about "running" to the Lido deck for their "free" lunch.

Some of us eat a late brunch at our hotel (or the hotel area) and arrive after 1:30 so that once onboard our rooms are ready, we can stow our carry-ons, and still have time for a leisurely "late lunch" unencumbered by any bags or luggage.

The problem that seems to be significant at many piers is that early arrivals have, in the past, made it cumbersome for disembarking passengers to get themselves away from the pier because of the hundreds of peeps who clog the sidewalks and the curb. Parking lots become a joke as passengers are trying to vacate the lots as hundreds impatiently wait for them to vacate their spaces. Try getting to your car and returning to the curb to pick up your elderly traveling companions. That's a joke and a half. One time our limo had to wait in a line for over an hour trying to get curbside to pick us up because embarking passengers brought the car lines to a grid lock stop. So there we stand, adding to the disarray, just trying to get the heck out of Dodge.

This makes no sense as far as reasoning, as Carnival sets the number of FTTF and the new policy exempts FTTF and Plats anyway. So their impact is literally unchecked by the new policies. The number of FTTF and Plats are always fairly low and usually those folks are onboard within 15-20 minutes if there early. This may delay general boarding, but...by 15-20 minutes. I don't see how this can be the issue exactly. Even with more Plats, except for something like a Journey's cruise, where the Plat % is very high, I don't see that being the issue.

Actually, I am not convinced that the number of FTTF is as low as many claim it to be. In a cruise out of Baltimore last May, they had a section for FTTF & Plat/Diamonds across the aisle from each other. There were approximately 300 in the FTTF section and a lot in the Plat area - and that was at 11:00 before boarding. Who knows how many FTTF etc. came after that time. I know that that is only one cruise, but look how many on these boards and reviews manage to get FTTF. Of course, this is just my opinion, but I do think FTTF contributes greatly to the early boarding crowds.

I can sympathize with your frustration but they are giving people notice so you can plan ahead of time. We were delayed unexpectedly about 10 hours in New Orleans once with a 10 month old and many family members in tow and while it was frustrating we made the best of it and found things to do to pass the time. Hopefully Carnival is only going to implement the staggered boarding to areas that have a good port area with things to do and see. Galveston and New Orleans are perfect examples of this as they both have a lot of places you could visit within walking distance from the cruise terminal.

According to JH, it will be implemented at all ports by the end of 2016; therefore, they are not just implementing it at ports where cruisers can find something to do within walking distance of the port.

If you had truly read my signature line you'd note the cruise out of Jacksonville had already occurred. And my upcoming cruise out of Tampa I do have FTTF. I've had FTTF for the last FOUR cruises. I do not purchase FTTF to be the "first one on the ship" I purchase it for my husband who has spine issues. I also believe Carnival does NOT have kinks worked out and it'll be a good long while until they do. For instance I've noted MANY times they send you the "email" about when to arrive in port..it's an email that goes out without regard to Priority status or FTTF status. Seriously that needs to be addressed. You shouldn't even have to choose a check in time..it should be automatically in the first hour time frame. Also before you lump everyone into the me, me, me category claiming they just want to be the first ones on the ship perhaps you should relax, regroup and know that it's not a matter of first on the ship for some. . :rolleyes:

And if you had read the whole thread, I mentioned that to me it makes no sense to have priority folks pick a check in time. Perhaps they will eventually do away with that. Maybe not. The process is being worked on, and it will only take a long long time if people are uncooperative and/or don't offer useful feedback. There's good reason why it started off as a pilot.

I am relaxed. And certainly not even remotely considering canceling a family trip we are looking forward to and have money invested in just because the check in process changed. Usually if there's an issue getting onboard, all is forgotten once I step onboard and into the atrium.

Actually, I am not convinced that the number of FTTF is as low as many claim it to be. In a cruise out of Baltimore last May, they had a section for FTTF & Plat/Diamonds across the aisle from each other. There were approximately 300 in the FTTF section and a lot in the Plat area - and that was at 11:00 before boarding. Who knows how many FTTF etc. came after that time. I know that that is only one cruise, but look how many on these boards and reviews manage to get FTTF. Of course, this is just my opinion, but I do think FTTF contributes greatly to the early boarding crowds.

Well, 300 on one of the larger vessels is still a very small amount. Like 10%.

But I would suspect the number is generally much smaller, unless they are mixing all priority together (Plats, wedding parties, FTTF mixed together...300 sounds about right for what I've seen on the larger ships. Edit: Maybe quite a bit less, but it is hard to tell and wedding parties can be very large sometimes.)

The people of CC represent a very small % of cruise passengers who are informed and often book early; I don't think their getting FTTF really indicates anything other than that. We booked a cruise 6 months out this year and FTTF was already gone. We did get it, but only with much checking.

I would agree that FTTF people come early, but I think the ones that do are mainly people who would come early anyway, like me. I'm anxious until I'm at the terminal checked in, so I would hate a late boarding time, as it'd be a morning of massive anxiety! BUT I would just pick an early check in time and/or get FTTF. I would plan ahead. It doesn't seem that much to ask.

Edited by berrieh

Yeah, so what?:p:p We got FTTF mostly so my room would be ready as soon as we board. We also need to get off ASAP when we get back to port. It will be the only "excursion" we buy.

I'm not sure why there is a need for CCL to implement this plan. At the Boston Port you could never have a less cruiser friendly facility, and I always get there early then sit and wait for the ship to be ready. Mostly things go ok. But the NCL ship homed there hold only about 60% of the pax as the Dream.

Any hard data to backup the claim? I have never been aboard a cruise ship and smelled diesel fumes. I have read several fascinating accounts of how much engineering goes into the exhaust system of a cruise ship. True cruise ships are not the most environmentally friendly means of travel. False those aboard breath in the equivalent of thousands of vehicle exhausts.

I don't doubt the experience. But I do question statistical conclusions based on a single observer dealing with those who book in a particular manner.

I would argue about what is the "best answer". I can think of a number of methods. Some of which would not involve great expense. One could, as has been suggested by someone else in this thread, run a second boarding ramp. One could also move taking account pictures shore-side and set up many more terminals for the task. One could eliminate any but essential hold-ups in boarding. Add a few more baggage scanners, etc.

Perhaps self check-in terminals could be looked at. Current tech should allow for this. Even if a few roving employees were needed to assist, many more people could be processed. Printing the sea pass card upon demand involves very stable technology. New passports can be easily verified electronically and the picture matched to the person standing in front of the terminal. Heck, the picture could then be used for the on board account. Not every one could be processed in this manner, but many could.

My principal objection is that I think Carnival is misguided if it thinks staggered boarding is going to do much to speed up the process or improve the experience.

Staggered boarding is not meant to speed up the boarding process, its supposed to spread it out. Instead of 3,500 people trying to check in and get on the ship at the same time, overwhelming the staff, the chairs, the space, it mandates the size of the group trying to get on to a totally manageable process. By default, it has to be better, and it will be. The Breeze has two ramps, it is not getting on the ship that is the problem, it is getting to them, same for photo ops, they take 20 seconds. While you doubt them, and try for off the wall solutions, staggering will work and it will improve the process.

I got an email about this yesterday so I chose 11:00-11:30, which seemed like a good time to board. Then an email today said that actual boarding would start about 12:30, so I changed us to 12:00-12:30. Because why sit around longer than we have to?

It strikes me as an excellent change. I didn't relish the descriptions of 2000 people trying to hit the buffet at once! This sounds like it will be easier on everyone. The folks who want/need to come early can get in 2 1/2 hours before boarding, and the rest of us won't have to sit for half the day.

Maybe I'll have time to ride the St. Charles streetcar that morning! Our hotel will hold our bags after checkout so we can wander a bit and then take a cab or Uber over to the port. It all sounds much less stressful.