Cruise-Mas Through the Panama Canal- Live from the Coral Princess- 12-17-15

TracieABD

North endear, Embassy Suites is very nice, Publix, huge alcohol store, short walk behind hotel. Ross, Dollar Tree and Carrabbas Itilian restaurant across the street, CVS a blue collar away. Good comp. breakfast, rooms are spacious and pool is nice. If you up to I think it was called Concierge level you have access to a vending machine with snacks, water, soda and juices. We took several bottles of water with us and Cranberry juice bottles. The concierge level was a huge let down from what the Ritz has. For $9.95pp hotel will pick you up from airport, another $9.95pp will take you to pier and another $9.95pp will get you from pier to airport. A cab is easily accessible from hotel to pier. With 3 women and all of our luggage we used Embassy's service and it was wonderful. For a fee Embassy can take you anywhere.

Tracie, glad you are living good without your suite. Thinking about leaving suite life too on a Coral Canal cruise as suites are not on aft. Thanks for taking us along

Sandipalms

December 19, 2015

Sea Day Two- Part Two

The wind has picked up and the seas are a bit lumpier. It is nothing too startling, but every once in a while we get that little jolt. I walked a couple of miles on the wonderful flat Promenade Deck and then was found by my husband. We walked a little more together then chanced upon the port lecturer. The lecturer really did know his stuff, but he read a lot from the PowerPoint. We made it through the majority of the lecture then headed up to the room to shower and change for lunch.

Lunch was fabulous! I had the antipasto and gazpacho soup. I also had the stuffed yellow pepper as an entree. And I finished the whole lot off with a blueberry roulade- Ah-mazing!!! The boys love their lunches too. We had Vangi as server for the second time today and she is such fun-- personality for days!

Once the wheel-barrels arrived to roll us back to our rooms, we had to take a little nap to aid in the digestive processes. When I woke, I rallied and thought it would be great to have a little afternoon tea, but the guy who was seating sort copped an attitude about seating me as a single (without table mates). I am not enjoying group seating right now. It is really hard to sit with complete strangers and play the get-to-know-you game. I am sorry if this makes me sound incredibly anti-social (which I may be), I am just doing better keeping my own company right now.

I decided to make my own afternoon tea in the IC. And I was sitting next to a woman who is reading her email and having a complete swivet over the contents. She was in a complete fluff over some doings back home-- loud-- swearing-- repeating herself... There is a part of me that wants to walk over, shut down her iPad and instruct her to "let it go". Heck, I would have sung it to her if it would distracted her from whatever ailed her. I am always stunned by some of the public displays that one can observe. Seriously, lady, chill. Her poor husband just looked down at his lap. And said nothing at all.

I decided to do a load of laundry for the three of us (yep! that officially makes me the mom). The token system works well- the prices have gone up though. It is now $3 to wash and $3 to dry. The good news is the dryers are fast and you only need one "go around". The laundromat on Deck 9 is cold.I hauled the chair out to the hall to read- as I do not leave my laundry. I have seen way too many dust ups in the laundry room.

We had dinner in the Bayou Cafe. I love, love, loved my steak. The sausage grillades were meh and the salad was-- well, a salad. I had the bread pudding for dessert and that was great. We usually eat at the Crown (or Pinnacle on HAL) at least twice per cruise, but I am pretty sure we are once and done for this cruise.

We also got to see (well, sort of) On the Bayou. It was actually really good, and for those of you who know me, I am not normally a fan of production shows. I would recommend that you get there early. We ended up on the balcony and could only see about 60% of the stage.

I spoke with the lovely Abigail- the Captains Circle Hostess. She gave me the Passenger breakdown. Here it is:

Blue- 1057

Gold- 551

Ruby- 203

Platinum- 291

Elite- 80

There are 213 kids on board, and all but one toddler seem to be exceptionally well behaved.

Most Traveled Passenger has1504 days and the cut-off for the MTP lunch is 498.

Well that is enough for one night-

Thank you to the three of you who are hanging in!

More later-

Tracie-Lynn :)

Love your newsy reports! Can't wait to hear how the Bayou steakhouse is!

What deck is your cabin on? I think you said you were in a mini suite? Is the balcony covered or uncovered? We are currently in a balcony and there are quite a few minis available on our sailing on Dolphin Deck, so want to have my ducks In a row if up sells are offered!

We were in a mini suite on Dolphin deck and I know the mini suites in the 700 series have covered balconies except for the two most aft. It was nice to have a covered balcony on such a hot cruise.

More later-

LOL. 😆

I'm guite sure there are more than just me and two others following you Ms. Tracie-Lynn! Love your posts.

. . .

Want to go for a walk around the wonderful Promenade Deck with me???

I think you know the answer to that is a big "Yes!" . . .

You didn't have alligator at the Bayou? It's delicious -- especially with grits.

You and your pedometer keep up the good work; we'll do our part and keep on reading.

Signed,

More later-

Make me #3336! I got off a full transit on the Coral Dec 7th and am still suffering separation anxiety. It only took me 24 hours to book us on the April 17, 2017 sailing. But that only helped a little.

I am enjoying reading your review very much, thank you. And I am very sorry for your loss.

#3342 here loving your review. You have such a fun breezy way of writing.

You are certainly allowed to keep your own company.

Judy

#3343 here! And I totally agree with you wanting to be with or not with anyone else on that ship. I myself like to be left alone and try to find a place to do that.

We are all following your cruise blog. Thank you! :D

I am along for the ride! Please excuse my laziness for not posting earlier.

This is one cruise on our bucket list so I will be making lots of mental notes as I read your review. We were on the Coral to Alaska last year so I can at least picture some of the things you are writing about.

Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to write this report...it truly is appreciated. :)

I am along for the ride! Please excuse my laziness for not posting earlier.

This is one cruise on our bucket list so I will be making lots of mental notes as I read your review. We were on the Coral to Alaska last year so I can at least picture some of the things you are writing about.

Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to write this report...it truly is appreciated. :)

OT- just got caught up with your Akumal blog posts. Loved them, and the beautiful pics! Thanks for doing that.