weather question

Jeff&Mel

We are taking our first Caribbean cruise December 27th out of Baltimore.

So I am curious- for those that have actual experience, how many days will we be in the cold weather? What I am trying to ask is how many days does it take the ship to get to the warm weather areas?

We are on the Grandeur for 10 days.

Thanks in advance.

I just came off the Grandeur over Thanksgiving. We started to use the balcony near the end of Day 2. We only went to the Bahamas, so it wasn't all that warm (but that was because of the cold front moving through). Going back to Baltimore, the balcony was usable the entire time except the last night, needed the bathrobe to watch VA Beach go by.

Thanks for the feedback!

So are people wearing summery style clothing on these cruises? should I bring winter and summer clothing??

I have only sailed in Europe and the Middle east. Never to the Caribbean-

I cruise in 10 days and I haven't given it much thought- BUT I leave next Sunday so I guess I should start figuring out what to pack!!! LOL

We are taking our first Caribbean cruise December 27th out of Baltimore.

So I am curious- for those that have actual experience, how many days will we be in the cold weather? What I am trying to ask is how many days does it take the ship to get to the warm weather areas?

We are on the Grandeur for 10 days.

Thanks in advance.

that would depend on what the weather is at the time

Thanks for the feedback!

So are people wearing summery style clothing on these cruises? should I bring winter and summer clothing??

I have only sailed in Europe and the Middle east. Never to the Caribbean-

I cruise in 10 days and I haven't given it much thought- BUT I leave next Sunday so I guess I should start figuring out what to pack!!! LOL

Caribbean is tropical. Summer clothes will be the norm. Bring jeans and sweaters for the first couple of days, and of course for the return trip to the "Northern Reaches." Enjoy your cruise. We love Grandeur.

End of day 2 - definitely by day 3. We always leave out of Baltimore. I'll take a chilly day on a cruise ship anytime over a day at the airport! We'll be getting on the Grandeur when you're getting off. Keep her nice!