What time do you normally have access to your room on Breeze?

April-in-NC

We have 3 cabins close to one another on our sailing and I am considering FTTF for our cabin only so we have a place to put everyone's carry on luggage and strollers when we first board.

We plan to arrive at the port around noon and my parents will have priority boarding (wheelchair assist) since Dad can't stand in long lines. We have 6 adults and 3 kids (4, 2, 2) so even if we check all but the necessities with the porters we will likely have umbrella strollers for the twins, at least three rolling carry ons and assorted backpacks and purses. I would rather not deal with all of that AND the kids on Lido.

It has been awhile since we cruised Carnival, I remember that barring a delay in debarkation or ship wide sanitation that the hallways opened up around 1:00. Is that still the case? If so I'm not paying the $60.

Even if your cabin isn't ready when you board, they may allow you to drop your carry on bags off. I got on the ship much earlier than 1:00 and had no problem accessing my room even though it wasn't ready yet.

Even if your cabin isn't ready when you board, they may allow you to drop your carry on bags off. I got on the ship much earlier than 1:00 and had no problem accessing my room even though it wasn't ready yet.

So you opened the fire doors that said no admittance except for diamond, platinum and FTTF guests? If not then rooms were ready. If you did then you were yet another Carnival cruises that has a problem following the rules.

So you opened the fire doors that said no admittance except for diamond, platinum and FTTF guests? If not then rooms were ready. If you did then you were yet another Carnival cruises that has a problem following the rules.

And please don't speed on the way to the port.

And please don't speed on the way to the port.

Don't worry I won't. I have cruise control. LOL

Seriously this is such an old topic. The doors are closed for a reason. The rooms are not secure. Do you really expect the room steward to say "no you can't leave you stuff in here. I don't want to be responsible for it. Anyone can walk in here and take a piece of your luggage. So let me make you mad right from the start of your cruise so you will remove the auto tips"

The last few cruises there were employees stationed at the door that were checking cards. At least that took the pressure off the stewards.

You can either buy FTTF or simple arrive just a little later and walk right to your room.

And Yes, carnival cruise seem to have a great deal of difficulty following rules. Smoking on the balcony has been banned for over a year. People still do it. No smuggling booze, people did and now we can't take bottles on board. People were advised not to arrive until a certain time, now you have to pick a time and can't even get into the terminal until your time. Rule after rule not followed and now there are repercussions.

Of course not. The rooms weren't ready (things were still askew, etc) but the hallways were open, no fire doors, and we were allowed to drop our bags, as many others were doing, with no problem at all. That was our experience, so I'm sorry if that's not the norm, but I would never break through fire doors or break any rules just to drop a bag off, and I resent your insinuation to the contrary. I was just trying to help.

Edited by Pesh

Of course not. The rooms weren't ready (things were still askew, etc) but the hallways were open, no fire doors, and we were allowed to drop our bags, as many others were doing, with no problem at all. That was our experience, so I'm sorry if that's not the norm, but I would never break through fire doors or break any rules just to drop a bag off, and I resent your insinuation to the contrary. I was just trying to help.

Then your experience has been different than mine but in 11 cruises on Carnival on 5 different ships in the last 4 years we were told at check in that the rooms would be ready about 1:30 and the fire doors were closed until rooms were ready.

Then your experience has been different than mine but in 11 cruises on Carnival on 5 different ships in the last 4 years we were told at check in that the rooms would be ready about 1:30 and the fire doors were closed until rooms were ready.

As I said, maybe my experience was not the norm - it was my only sailing on Carnival so I had no way of knowing it wasn't typical. Yikes.

But, good to know for future Carnival cruises.

Edited by Pesh

As I said, maybe my experience was not the norm - it was my only sailing on Carnival so I had no way of knowing it wasn't typical. Yikes.

But, good to know for future Carnival cruises.

you do know the things you dropped off was not secure and could be taken by anyone in the hallway.

you could have closed the door but they can open them to continue cleaning them and leave them open and walk away since they were not ready.

they are not responsible for anything 'lost' when its not officially told that the rooms are ready.

also good to know for future cruises

you do know the things you dropped off was not secure and could be taken by anyone in the hallway.

you could have closed the door but they can open them to continue cleaning them and leave them open and walk away since they were not ready.

they are not responsible for anything 'lost' when its not officially told that the rooms are ready.

also good to know for future cruises

As soon as we got on the ship, we were directed to our cabins. When we got there we saw our room was not completely made up, so we put our 1 small carry-on in the closet and left so as not to get in the way. Everyone else in our hallway had access to their rooms as well. Maybe our room steward was late finishing our room, I don't know. We did nothing wrong and I'm not sure why I'm being given a hard time about this.

I have been on 7 carnival cruises and I have never seen the doors closed or any signs limiting access to cabins. And we have never boarded later than 1, other than when we left from San Juan. And I have never heard announcements that cabins were ready. We have always been able to go straight to our cabin.

As soon as we got on the ship, we were directed to our cabins. When we got there we saw our room was not completely made up, so we put our 1 small carry-on in the closet and left so as not to get in the way. Everyone else in our hallway had access to their rooms as well. Maybe our room steward was late finishing our room, I don't know. We did nothing wrong and I'm not sure why I'm being given a hard time about this.

im not trying to give you a hard time.

if your carry on disappeared, Carnival would not be liable at all. Your room was not ready for you. that's all I am saying

I don't have the cruising experience that a lot of you have, but I've never seen fire doors closed when the cabins aren't ready yet. Also never heard announcements that the cabins are ready. :confused:

Two dozen cruises on eight ships (including the ones you have sailed on). Prior to room being annouced as ready (yes, I have always heard the announcement) the fire doors have been closed with signs indicating no entrance to those who don't hold priority priviledge.

There shouldn't have to be armed guards stationed at closed doors to prevent those who (intentionally or unintentionally) disregard the adequately posted/announced rules.

It might be helpful if you stated your ship and the date of sailing and the time you went to your cabin instead of making a very generalized statement about your experience.

As far as most of us have experienced, room access on our most current cruises has been severely restricted. If your recent experience has been different it isn't the "norm" and passengers seeking advice shouldn't be led astray by your remarks.

It might be helpful if you stated your ship and the date of sailing and the time you went to your cabin instead of making a very generalized statement about your experience.

As far as most of us have experienced, room access on our most current cruises has been severely restricted. If your recent experience has been different it isn't the "norm" and passengers seeking advice shouldn't be led astray by your remarks.

This was on the Breeze in March 2014. I don't think any of my statements were generalized, I specifically described my experience.

I don't think you have to worry about anyone being "led astray" by my comments, since everyone was so quick to jump all over them.

I loved my cruise and just wanted to help the OP. Everyone else was going to their room, we did the same. Ours didn't appear to be ready, so we dropped off 1 bag (I kept my purse on me) and left. That's it. We did nothing wrong. We broke no rules. I didn't realize that this was not typical or I would have never mentioned it.