Ordering bottled water ahead of time from fun shops

cocomango

This price decrease is in response to the fact they no longer allow you to bring bottles on board.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

Looks like you would pay a gratuity if you ordered more while on the ship since it comes from room service but the base price is the same.

Just be sure and pick a time to order it when you plan to be in your cabin to receive it and sign for it, just like you would any other room service order. Unlike the water you purchase pre-cruise from the Fun Shop which they will just leave in your cabin without you being present, you must be there to sign for the water you purchase from room service.

Just be sure and pick a time to order it when you plan to be in your cabin to receive it and sign for it, just like you would any other room service order. Unlike the water you purchase pre-cruise from the Fun Shop which they will just leave in your cabin without you being present, you must be there to sign for the water you purchase from room service.

If you order it on line before the cruise, it will be in your cabin when you arrive on the ship.

I believe when you order online they give you a choice on what day you can have it delivered. And if you get it Delivered on the first day you pay taxes on it. If you have it delivered on another day there is no tax.

I just ordered a 12 pack of water yesterday to be in the cabin when we arrive. There was no tax. Just $2.99. It has already showed up on my credit card as $2.99.

I believe when you order online they give you a choice on what day you can have it delivered. And if you get it Delivered on the first day you pay taxes on it. If you have it delivered on another day there is no tax.

This is not correct, it is $2.99 total regardless.

I just ordered a 12 pack of water yesterday to be in the cabin when we arrive. There was no tax. Just $2.99. It has already showed up on my credit card as $2.99.

This is not correct, it is $2.99 total regardless.

It must depend on the port/state for debarkation.

I just ordered water and other drinks for cabin delivery on departure day.

All came charging tax. Debarking South Carolina, which like it's northern cousin is very aggressive at pursuing sales taxes. :eek:

Probably like the difference in being able to purchase "Cheers," or not, prior to departure in Texas: a local difference driven by the local laws.

Of course, once offshore in international waters, no more restriction. :rolleyes:

It must depend on the port/state for debarkation.

I just ordered water and other drinks for cabin delivery on departure day.

All came charging tax. Debarking South Carolina, which like it's northern cousin is very aggressive at pursuing sales taxes. :eek:

Probably like the difference in being able to purchase "Cheers," or not, prior to departure in Texas: a local difference driven by the local laws.

Of course, once offshore in international waters, no more restriction. :rolleyes:

Bottled Water is exempt from taxes in SC.

Mine is being delivered the first day and was $3.17 because of tax. If the delivery is scheduled before the ship leaves then it is considered a purchase inside the country and they charge you tax. If you get it for day 2 there is no tax on the purchase.

If you live in the same state as the debarkation port, you will be charged sales taxes. If not, you won't have to pay the sales taxes.

It's just like any other internet purchase. If the company you are making the purchase from does business in your state, you will pay sales taxes.

We're sailing out of Charleston, SC and have purchased water through the Fun Shop to be delivered to our stateroom. No taxes were charged. I see you live in Orlando, that explains your taxes.

Now, that's changing as more and more internet businesses are beginning to charge everyone sales tax.

Would disagree about the ships water always being better than bottled. Our last 2 sailings on the Pride (1 year apart) had brown water coming out of the taps at various times during the cruise. Though it may have been safe to drink I wouldn't want to use it for anything more than a shower.