Always Available Items with new Curtis Stone Dishes

IECalCruiser

I am just so amazed that so many are stuck on certain menu items. I like to try different things, different venues her at home and on the ship. the best thing is that if u don't like it they will bring you some thing different. Every cruise I been on its been that way, I don't think this will change.

I like pasta and salmon, but its not a deal breaker, nor worthy of complaining about.[/QUO

You may like to try different things, however some of us have issues with many ingredients. We cruise partially because the food options. My husband, like you, enjoys trying new foods. I however have a restricted diet and enjoy my always available items that I can order without making a big deal over discussing with the waiter what is in it. So, what you consider complaining I consider not being a giant pain to the waiters on board making my vacation and their work environment less stressful and more enjoyable.

The Curtis Stone items are available every night & replaced the always available items. I'm wondering how long this change will last seeing the popularity of the old items.

Received an e mail from Princess the past weekend stating that they are opening a Curtis Stone paid restaurant on two ships as a trial prior to a major roll out. Guess the new MDR menu on Regal and others was a test to see the popularity of the Stone selections. Hands down, it was not our or many other cruisers favorite dishes. Of course, each to its own, however, if you recall when Princess wanted to charge a $10 fee (included a glass of wine) to dine in Alfredo's, the uproar caused them to rethink the cost factor. Now, hopefully, they will rethink to replace the salmon and others on the dinner menu while, perhaps keeping a dish or two of Curtis Stone. This way, all would be satisfied.

Happy New Year to all.

The Kids

Received an e mail from Princess the past weekend stating that they are opening a Curtis Stone paid restaurant on two ships as a trial prior to a major roll out. Guess the new MDR menu on Regal and others was a test to see the popularity of the Stone selections. Hands down, it was not our or many other cruisers favorite dishes. Of course, each to its own, however, if you recall when Princess wanted to charge a $10 fee (included a glass of wine) to dine in Alfredo's, the uproar caused them to rethink the cost factor. Now, hopefully, they will rethink to replace the salmon and others on the dinner menu while, perhaps keeping a dish or two of Curtis Stone. This way, all would be satisfied.

Happy New Year to all.

The Kids

I've got no problem with them offering an up scale meal anywhere, anytime but don't remove the items that many of us enjoy. :(

I've got no problem with them offering an up scale meal anywhere, anytime but don't remove the items that many of us enjoy. :(

This pretty much sums it up for us as well. We both order off the Always Available menu on a regular basis, and will be disheartened to see it gone.

You may like to try different things, however some of us have issues with many ingredients. We cruise partially because the food options. My husband, like you, enjoys trying new foods. I however have a restricted diet and enjoy my always available items that I can order without making a big deal over discussing with the waiter what is in it. So, what you consider complaining I consider not being a giant pain to the waiters on board making my vacation and their work environment less stressful and more enjoyable.

Good point, never thought of that..

I would bet that there are indeed many who have booked a Princess cruise in part because of the historic anytime menu and their dietary necessities.. Bookings for those with those needs and expecting the previous "any time" choices to be still be there when they sail in the future may have to re-think their existing Princess bookings

More food for thought (pun intended)

Srpilo

Good point, never thought of that..

I would bet that there are indeed many who have booked a Princess cruise in part because of the historic anytime menu and their dietary necessities.. Bookings for those with those needs and expecting the previous "any time" choices to be still be there when they sail in the future may have to re-think their existing Princess bookings

More food for thought (pun intended)

Srpilo

Thank you! And yes, it is causing us to rethink our bookings. We are currently booked on the Emerald in January and having some "concerns" about that trip. We loved the ease of DH being able to have his food adventures and me being able to relax and enjoy dinner without any fuss.

This pretty much sums it up for us as well. We both order off the Always Available menu on a regular basis, and will be disheartened to see it gone.

I broke the news over Christmas dinner that the menu might be changed for our big family cruise on the Crown next month. One SIL said he might try the flank steak, but everyone else howled in protest. If there are no medallions available, Princess just might lose a future lifetime customer in my nine-year-old grandson (who is on his way to Elite already. LOL.) His question was "What am I going to eat?" Yes, there may be a menu full of choices, but kids (and even adults) have their favorites and look forward to them for months.

Are you reading this thread, Princess intern? We DO NOT approve. :(:mad:

I broke the news over Christmas dinner that the menu might be changed for our big family cruise on the Crown next month. One SIL said he might try the flank steak, but everyone else howled in protest. If there are no medallions available, Princess just might lose a future lifetime customer in my nine-year-old grandson (who is on his way to Elite already. LOL.) His question was "What am I going to eat?" Yes, there may be a menu full of choices, but kids (and even adults) have their favorites and look forward to them for months.

What? Nobody wanted to try out something with endive foam on it? Oh, wait, that wasn't an always available dish. Or was it?:confused:;)

Edited by ar1950

Yes.. there could be a protest movement afloat, --> "Anytime Menu's Matter" :)

Srpilo

I think the negative comments about Curtis Stone are very unfair, especially coming from those who have not yet tried the food. If you've tried it and didn't like it, that's another matter entirely. But to dismiss something new because you don't think you will like it is premature at best.

I disagree. There are many things I know I will not like just from the description. I do not have to try anything made with liver, green peppers, cauliflower, squash, or pumpkin to know I will not like it. I also have severe reservations about endive foam and most of the menu items in Share.

Edited by RocketMan275

I disagree. There are many things I know I will not like just from the description. I do not have to try anything made with liver, green peppers, cauliflower, squash, or pumpkin to know I will not like it. I also have severe reservations about endive foam and most of the menu items in Share.

Liver pot pie with green peppers, cauliflower, and squash served with pumpkin fritters and endive foam. :D Maybe we should start a pool on what Curtis Stone will try to feed us next! :);)

I feel the same way & based on the menu it's highly unlikely that we'll go to SHARE. I don't need to spend $39/pp to confirm that those items are not for me. I need to budget my spending & can enjoy a dinner at the Crown Grill with a bottle of wine for the same price.

Liver pot pie with green peppers, cauliflower, and squash served with pumpkin fritters and endive foam. :D Maybe we should start a pool on what Curtis Stone will try to feed us next! :);)

I thought they'd add a CS entrée to the MDR menu & not to replace the always available with his version. A CS entrée on the menu allows me to have something else; replacing the always available items with his items does not allow flexibility in the always available menu. :(

I thought they'd add a CS entrée to the MDR menu & not to replace the always available with his version. A CS entrée on the menu allows me to have something else; replacing the always available items with his items does not allow flexibility in the always available menu. :(
That would be my desire also. There could be a Curtis Stone entree each night. It appears that the Curtis Stone items on the Golden in Australia are different than those on the American cruises. They could take those six and have one every day six times a week. People could sample the CS dishes while still having the more traditional salmon, chicken and beef dishes on the always available menu. Fortunately on the 50th Anniversary cruise this month the old standard always available menu was still available and there were no CS dishes. Princess, are you listening????? Edited by IECalCruiser

That would be my desire also. There could be a Curtis Stone entree each night. It appears that the Curtis Stone items on the Golden in Australia are different than those on the American cruises. They could take those six and have one every day six times a week. People could sample the CS dishes while still having the more traditional salmon, chicken and beef dishes on the always available menu. Fortunately on the 50th Anniversary cruise this month the old standard always available menu was still available and there were no CS dishes. Princess, are you listening?????

That would make sense to me but like some of the other recent Princess changes it makes me wonder what are they doing? :(

How about a pizza with liver, green bell peppers, cauliflower, squash, and green endive foam instead of the usual tomato sauce. Of course, there would be pumpkin beer too. You can't say you wouldn't like it unless you've tried it.

I am one that often orders off of the always available menu. Many times I order every course of my meal from the always available selections; Shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad, Beef medallions and Cream Brulé. Sooo yummy!!! I also love the Alfredo in the parmesan basket and the salmon, how sad to see some of these go!

Edited by #1Nanna

I feel the same way & based on the menu it's highly unlikely that we'll go to SHARE. I don't need to spend $39/pp to confirm that those items are not for me. I need to budget my spending & can enjoy a dinner at the Crown Grill with a bottle of wine for the same price.

To be honest, I've looked at the SHARE menu and I can find more things I would prefer in the frozen tv dinner aisle at Walmart. I guess I just don't have the sufficiently refined palate to appreciate that kind of menu.

How about a pizza with liver, green bell peppers, cauliflower, squash, and green endive foam instead of the usual tomato sauce. Of course, there would be pumpkin beer too. You can't say you wouldn't like it unless you've tried it.

OK folks, lets not be giving them ideas......although that pumpkin beer might work. :eek::rolleyes: