Mani Pedi onboard

seaandsea

Anyone know if they do acrylic nails in the salons on ships? Will need to be having my nails done a few times while on a B2B2B. Just wondering if I should stop doing my acrylic nails before our trip. If they do fills on acrylics, anyone have an idea on price? How about bling toes, do they do that, or just regular pedicures.

Thanks for any info.

You will pay too much money on board...get the gels

I've been doing gel polish for about 5 years. I get my nails done every three weeks and they last great. I'm not very careful with what I do either.

I guess another option, but probably not the best one, is to disembark on turnaround day on one of your B2B's and get your nails done in port. Obviously, it's not ideal as you would need to take a cab to the salon and so on, but with the Internet at your fingertips you could certainly research this and find out locations and prices in salons.

Just a suggestion. :)

I will just stick with the original plan and do my own nails. Do them nice before I leave, when they need to be redone, just remove polish and use clear. I would rather explore all the great sights than have my nails done. Thanks everyone for the info.

They do not do gel nails on RCI ships because there is no way to dispose of the chemical in it if needed. At least this is what I was told by the technician.

I had a gel manicure on the Grandeur and in August on Celebrity Summit they offered Gel manicures. i do not remember the prices but it is usually more than I pay at home.

Anyone know if they do acrylic nails in the salons on ships? Will need to be having my nails done a few times while on a B2B2B. Just wondering if I should stop doing my acrylic nails before our trip. If they do fills on acrylics, anyone have an idea on price? How about bling toes, do they do that, or just regular pedicures.

Thanks for any info.

Which ship will you be on? You can find out what is offered on line.

I had a gel manicure on the Grandeur and in August on Celebrity Summit they offered Gel manicures. i do not remember the prices but it is usually more than I pay at home.

I had a gel nail "fix" on the liberty for $15.

No, a full set is not $150... It's $45 (plus $20 to soak off a prior gel manicure, so if you plan to do it onboard come with bare nails!) ...

Yeah, I thought a full set was $65, so one nail = $6.50, I was going to offer them $10... Nope it was $15 + 18% auto tip for the one nail. Nearly what I paid for my full set at home!

But it is a cool, long-lasting manicure (I destroyed the one nail digging for coconut meat in my whole coconut drink! Otherwise it lasted perfectly for the entire 12-night cruise and beyond. Glad I could get that one nail fixed onboard though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I had a gel nail "fix" on the liberty for $15.

No, a full set is not $150... It's $45 (plus $20 to soak off a prior gel manicure, so if you plan to do it onboard come with bare nails!) ...

Yeah, I thought a full set was $65, so one nail = $6.50, I was going to offer them $10... Nope it was $15 + 18% auto tip for the one nail. Nearly what I paid for my full set at home!

But it is a cool, long-lasting manicure (I destroyed the one nail digging for coconut meat in my whole coconut drink! Otherwise it lasted perfectly for the entire 12-night cruise and beyond. Glad I could get that one nail fixed onboard though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Very interesting and thank you for the information. I was on the Serenade for over 5 weeks this summer and was counting on the gel polish. I had to take it off myself (pick and peal) then get a regular polish . Once again they said they have no way of disposing the residue so don't offer it.

Acrylics were offered.

I'll be on the Vision in a few weeks and will inquire there for future reference. Only time I get gels before boarding is when I am going on a cruise 2 weeks or longer. Would only need their service if I am on board 3 or more weeks.

I guess it is a ship by ship bases.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

On Freedom, gel manicure was $65 and another $45 to remove my gel polish. I wasn't told about the cost of removing my polish until appointment time. I refused to pay $110 plus 18 % tip for a gel manicure like I get at home for $35, including removal of my polish. I do agree the gel polish lasts much longer than regular, but one of my nails had chipped, and I had peeled remaining polish off of it. I was on the ship for three weeks, so was willing to pay the $65 + tip, which is why I made the appointment. No where on their lists of pricing did it say anything about cost for removing polish. So, I just kept one nail unpolished the remainder of the cruises.

ok maybe this is a dumb question but I've never had a manicure. Can you just get your nails painted. I thought that would be something fun my daughter and I could do.

I bet they make you have a full manicure, only difference is they file and shape your nails, take care of your cuticles, maybe massage your hands. Some places don't soak your fingers anymore, say its bad for your nails. They would probably charge the same price just to paint them, but I am not 100 % sure about that.