Emerald Princess getting better ?

cheeseclan

We had very low cold water pressure last weekend in our cabin on Aloha. The water was either barely flowing and cold or hot. The shower was fine, it was just the sink that had an issue. Water in the public restrooms started cold but quickly got hot.

We had the AC set all the way to cold. Most of the time it was comfortable, but some nights it felt warm. That despite being relatively mild outside. Common areas seemed fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by schittenden

I saw it onboard the Emerald Princess every time it was performed by the cast. It premiered on there sailing from Port Everglades since the 2nd week of December and has been shown twice per cruise (minus one cruise last week) since. I was an officer on the Emerald Princess until 2 days ago :)

Must have been the cruise we were on as I didn't see that show in the Patter.

Must have been the cruise we were on as I didn't see that show in the Patter.

Yea, they didn't have it on the 4 day trip. :( Not enough time I was told.

We had very low cold water pressure last weekend in our cabin on Aloha. The water was either barely flowing and cold or hot. The shower was fine, it was just the sink that had an issue. Water in the public restrooms started cold but quickly got hot.

We had the AC set all the way to cold. Most of the time it was comfortable, but some nights it felt warm. That despite being relatively mild outside. Common areas seemed fine.

Our Caribe cabin has had intermittent AC problems. Luckily the weather for the past 3 cruises has been cool & it was livable but had it been hot outside I'm sure it would have been uncomfortable.

A few times the water in our shower has been so hot I couldn't stand in there for more than a minute or so.

Just remember there are those on the same cruise that saw things totally opposite. ;)

Agreed. Every ship in the fleet gets this treatment at one time or another. Someone posts a bad review, and then people start dumping on or getting hysterical with worry. It's Emerald's turn this week. When every report from every passenger on every sailing of a given ship is bad, then you can start worrying.

Edited by shredie

We were supposed to be on the Emerald for Xmas and NY's but had to cancel due to illness. I didn't realize that the Xmas cruise was directly out of dry dock. The last few cruises on the Emerald I've done were in MS on Dolphin deck mid aft and I do not remember any problems with the AC. We are doing the TA in April in D423.

I'm sorry the service on the Holiday cruises was not the usual standard, especially since these cruises are so expensive. :confused:

Hi, will,you be sailing in a mini-site on Emerald soon? I see that you are sailing in 40+ days in her? Can you post how things go? Water, A/C, toilets, food, etc.

thank you

We recently got home from a B to B on the Emerald. Had a wonderful time! No problems at all, nor did our friends. And they where 5 couples thru out the ship. Wish we were back on the Emerald right now!

Same here! We had a wonderful time on our January & February cruises (B2B2B) on Emerald as did ten other couples (past cruise pals) who were on the ship with us. :D

LuLu

We sure did enjoy seeing you and Roundman, Lulu.

Julie, great to cruise with you & Lloyd again!

Lloyd certainly did a great job planning our large M&G! Nice that the Captain and several other Senior Officers came by and spent time with us.

Thanks for being so nice to our many past cruise pals who were not CC members ... especially the older couple with us on the last sailing.

NOTE TO ALL READING: The older couple (83 & 87) were both in great health but were VERY forgetful and became confused easily. The bartenders & servers at Crooner's were wonderful! When this couple would come into Crooner's and say they were suppose to meet LuLu & Roundman someplace but couldn't remember where, they would tell them to just sit there and they would find us for them.

In fact we were very happy with how helpful ALL the crew/staff on Emerald were. :)

LuLu

Hi, will,you be sailing in a mini-site on Emerald soon? I see that you are sailing in 40+ days in her? Can you post how things go? Water, A/C, toilets, food, etc.

thank you

We actually took an up sell to a suite for our April cruise. Hopefully the internet connection will be good and I will post from the Emerald. Also doing a B2B on the Regal starting next Sunday so I'm looking forward to some treating cruising in the next month or so.

We actually took an up sell to a suite for our April cruise. Hopefully the internet connection will be good and I will post from the Emerald. Also doing a B2B on the Regal starting next Sunday so I'm looking forward to some treating cruising in the next month or so.

Hey Spyro....where in J-town (Jupiter) are you? We are over in Maplewood by the Loxahatchee Club.

What cabin number were you in? I'm just curious as we are in a mid-aft cabin on Aloha next week.

Thanks!

Returned from 19 days on EP 18th January to 6th Feb. Great Holiday. First 5 days in E733 Montego Bay Suite and second 14 days in D737 St John Suite. Firstly I would like to say that we prefer the gem/grand class ships to the newer ships. Mainly because we like our balcony and the shade it provides us with. We like sunshine but to view it rather than sit in it. Hence we choose as often as possible the aft suite balcony. Private and fully covered. It just suits us best. We will miss these ships as they are all being moved away from the mediterranean (where we frequent the most) and being replaced fully with Royal and Regal. They are fine but more expensive for us and uncovered balconies on the aft so pretty unusable for us. The EP feels like home from home for us having sailed on her the most out all of our Princess cruises.

We were impressed with all the refurbishment that has taken place since last year when we sailed on the EP for 5 weeks in total. The new carpeting in the main areas, the new mattresses, new pool flooring on upper deck 16 was very noticeable and much needed too. Ship appears to have been thoroughly re-painted and is looking very beautiful.

We frequent ping pong tables. They were down to 1 from the 3 of last year and this was broken and in a terrible state of disrepair. Couldn't appear to get anything done about it when onboard (we did try) so posted pictures on Twitter and voila Princess has now placed a brand new table on board (BRILLIANT) and thank you for listening Princess. We will try it out in September when we rejoin her for another 2 weeks.

So the cruises. First 5 days quite cold really with roughish seas. Not a lot that Princess can do about the weather ;). We were apprehensive about the move away from Sabatinis for suite breakfast to Crown Grill. It was seamless. Fabulous, no, fantastic service from staff whilst still in beautiful surroundngs. Went to Crown Grill twice for dinner and had wonderful food with knockout service. Spoke to several waiters from 'Share' they talk up the restaurant but they agreed that it was proving to be a slow start and it appeared quiet most nights when we went to have a look. We could have chosen to go to share for our complimentary suite dinner but on checking the menu it really wasn't to our taste to be honest so we stuck with Crown Grill.

We love Wheelhouse bar so still went there most evenings. The Salty Dog appeared hit and miss. It looks like a cafeteria has just been dropped into a lounge and does look out of place in our opinion. Waiters report that it is mainly used by crew for dining out. We did witness this on many evenings. Not sure how succesful a money raiser it will be in the long run. However it didn't spoil our enjoyment of the Wheelhouse Bar.

We ate mostly in Horizon Court as we prefer it to the main dining room. Overall the food was excellent. We never found it cold and there was plenty of choice. We didn't like the 'aprons' that they had waitresses in on Bavarian Night. We aren't prudes at all but having your staff wear an apron depicting a 'full breasted bavarian serving wench' are to be honest a bit garish and not very professional. We assume Princess is just trying out new things but we felt sorry for the staff having to wear them.

Fantastic musical duo in Piazza 'Strings and Steel Duo' which we sat and listened to often.

Major dislike is the constant returning to Port Everglades every 5 or 7 days with the torturous wait to clear immigration even though you aren't getting off the ship. This took up valuable holiday time but not I assume Princesses fault. Hearing over the tannoy each week that the terminal building was very busy and that their were not enough immigration officers to deal with the number of passengers!!! If you are a major embarkation / disembarkation port then please get more staff shore side to deal efficiently with this. However it is clearly a choice now that Princess has made to move away from the usual 10 day Caribbean cruises of yesteryear. There must be more money in it for them somehow. Certainly we didn't receive as much OBC from our FCC and on our 5 night cruise in a suite we did not qualify for the complimentary speciality dinner. Not a complaint, just an observation.

We loved the updated Princess App which gave us a lot more information and quicker access to the Internet. In fact overall we found the internet much faster on this cruise so we don't know if they have made some changes there.

We are pretty simple cruisers who just love being at sea and watching the world go by. We are also very loyal Princess Cruisers but are begining to find there drinks including the 15% are becoming very expensive. DH liked the new Sea Witch Blonde drink the most out of the Sea Witch offerings.

Overall we found the standards to be as high as ever. Wonderful, happy crew who took the time to chat which we do like.

As ever we came home with wonderful memories of a fabulous holiday.

Livinforcruisin, Thank you for a great and honest review. I have booked Emerald for next year. I have not sailed with Princess; so both the cruise line and ship will be new for me. I enjoyed reading your review

Livinforcruisin, Thank you for a great and honest review. I have booked Emerald for next year. I have not sailed with Princess; so both the cruise line and ship will be new for me. I enjoyed reading your review

You are welcome AF - 1. We hope you have a wonderful time on her. She is a beautiful ship. May I ask who you have cruised with before? We retired last year so can now pursue cruising more often (lucky us). This has led us to start looking around at other cruise lines. We have only sailed on Princess and P&O. P&O is cheaper but is not up to the same standard as PCL. We feel nervous about branching out. Stupid I know.

I have cruised with Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Line. Just did a 14 night cruise on NCL Jade out of Venice last summer. This is the only time I have cruised on NCL. Been On Splendor of the Seas out of Venice; Voyager of the Seas for 12 nights out of Southampton(this was a repositioning cruise). Have been on Freedom, Majesty, Allure; all in the Caribbean