NYC Cruise Terminal Parking

Whitnee1

Just wondering if anyone has any info on parking options for the NYC Terminal. I know there is on site parking but at $40.00 day for a 10 day cruise is costly. Does anyone know of any other options? How close, is it safe and reliable, how much? Thanks.

Just wondering if anyone has any info on parking options for the NYC Terminal. I know there is on site parking but at $40.00 day for a 10 day cruise is costly. Does anyone know of any other options? How close, is it safe and reliable, how much? Thanks.

$40 a day seems like a lot but for NYC parking it is very reasonable. The terminal parking is conveniently located next to the ship and it is secure. Any alternative would require lugging your luggage from point A to point B in a cab, public transit or on foot. The best benefit (for me) was that when the cruise was over I drove out of the lot, turned left and was on my way home. Just my two cents. (And if you visit the East Coast departure forum you will find the info you are looking for and this thread may end up there anyway.)

Park at the port and forget the price. The convenience is remarkable especially at debark.

If mass transit is convenient and you want to do it that is your other alternative

If I didn't want to pay the port price I would just take metro north to grand central and then cab or walk to the port as I pack very light but that would only be if 2 or 3 of us were cruising

Also if it just me and dh you can bet I'm not paying $400 but if it were the entire family I'm parking at the port as the train is close to $100 round trip and we need 2 cabs round trip so 4 rides at $15 or so

Plus the inconvenience of doing this with 5 or 6 people is mind boggling

So if you must drive to the port seriously don't fret the price

Many will swear by those other lots I know but should you choose that route remember you may be leaving your keys with them and they may very well be driving you to the port in your car and then going back to park your car.

That's just not for me.

Edited by luvtheships

$40 a day seems like a lot but for NYC parking it is very reasonable. The terminal parking is conveniently located next to the ship and it is secure. Any alternative would require lugging your luggage from point A to point B in a cab, public transit or on foot. The best benefit (for me) was that when the cruise was over I drove out of the lot, turned left and was on my way home. Just my two cents. (And if you visit the East Coast departure forum you will find the info you are looking for and this thread may end up there anyway.)

This!!!

You are paying for convenance, and I love it. Nothing like driving up the ramp, going thru security, dropping off your bags near the elevator and parking. Its very easy and only takes a few minutes. We have done it three times and thought the price was well worth it. Returning we have been got off the ship, thru customs and driving away within 10 minutes

Has anyone ever used this service?

http://nyc-cruise-parking.com/?gclid=CMve6amY8skCFZEXHwodDk4Kiw

There is no way I'm handing my car and keys over to some guy at the port and having them drive away with my car

Plus you will need to give the guy a huge tip to take care of your car

Bottom line is if public transport is not available or convenient

If you are not flying in and taking a cab to the port

If your a only choice is to drive....just park at the port!!!!!

Safe secure and you don't give someone your keys and let them drive your car

And you don't tip!!!!!

Edited by luvtheships

A simple online search will show several alternatives. $40.00 a day seems high. Found lots of nearby garages showing from $18.00.

Some indoor garages uptown are $16 per day, many good reviews. You'd have to take a taxi to and from the port, but even so, the savings compared to port parking (especially for a long cruise) are substantial.

ETA: Also, if it snows while we are away, parking indoors means you would not have to clean snow off your car, as you would have to if you park at the port.

Edited by Carol++

While we prefer parking at the cruise terminal, a good alternative particularly for someone coming from or through NJ is to park at the NY Waterway Port Imperial ferry terminal in Weehawken. Last I checked, parking in their garage is $16 per day and ferry tickets are $8 or $9 per person each way. The ferry will take you 39th St. and 12th Ave. on the NY side of the river, which is about a half mile from the cruise terminal...a short walk or taxi ride away.

You need to weigh your options. It can be most burdensome juggling luggage on/off mass transit rail or bus. And then you need to get to the cruise terminal at W. 49th and 12th Ave from either Penn Station or the Port Authority Bus Terminal; walking most impractical.

Could be the worst money you ever save and a sour start/ending to your cruise.

There is no way I'm handing my car and keys over to some guy at the port and having them drive away with my car

Plus you will need to give the guy a huge tip to take care of your car

Bottom line is if public transport is not available or convenient

If you are not flying in and taking a cab to the port

If your a only choice is to drive....just park at the port!!!!!

Safe secure and you don't give someone your keys and let them drive your car

And you don't tip!!!!!

Saving nearly $300 is a pretty big deal. The company is very reputable and our car is insured, and so is the company. Read a lot of good reviews. It's a valet service, and it's not like we're leaving any valuables in the car. All of our luggage goes with us.

Saving nearly $300 is a pretty big deal. The company is very reputable and our car is insured, and so is the company. Read a lot of good reviews. It's a valet service, and it's not like we're leaving any valuables in the car. All of our luggage goes with us.

So you are saying that you are only being charged $100 for parking for a 10 day cruise?

They will meet you at the port both ways?

Ok if you can get 10 days of safe secure parking in NYC then go for it but that sounds too low IMHO

I'm not calling you a liar by any means but are you totally sure it is $100? And yes I know you said saving close to $300. Approximation is understood.

The port max is $400 and you say you are saving $300? 1 car right?

Just an FYI to anyone willing to hand over their car to someone who will park it somewhere that you haven't set eyes on.....if the car is damaged won't you have to pay your deductible to fix it? Could you prove it was even done by the parking people?

Call me skeptical...call me pragmatic....or even say I'm wrong....but $100 for 10 days parking in NYC? Never heard of it.

I would document your Mileage before handing it over to be sure they arent using your car while you are away for anything.

I'm sure loads of posters will defend this parking deal so I guess you might as well go for it if you are comfortable

I live only 30 minutes north of NYC so public transport is convenient when it's just 2 or 3 of us cruising

When it's all 6 of us we drive and part at the port

Edited by luvtheships

Let me know if your using it in January 2017, we are doing a 10 or 14 day cruise then

LOL I wish it worked like that. It's my employers lot. Sorry! If I didn't have access to it, I'd definitely park in Weehawken NJ and take the ferry to NYC. It's a lot cheaper than parking at the terminal.

Total cost using Anytime Valet was $139 pre-paid. It was a Holiday special. Normal rate is $300. They park it the vehicle in a local garage. Even with a tip, this is a huge savings over parking at the pier and uncovered. If there is a snowstorm, you are digging out your car upon the return to the port.

We are leaving on the breakaway on Valentine's Day and never thought about if there was a snow storm. Is there no covered spots?

Also thinking of bus or train from Massachusetts and cab to port. Is there any good hotels near port?

We are leaving on the breakaway on Valentine's Day and never thought about if there was a snow storm. Is there no covered spots?

Also thinking of bus or train from Massachusetts and cab to port. Is there any good hotels near port?

The parking lot is on the roof of the pier and there are is no covered parking.

There are literally hundreds of hotels in Manhattan. You'd have to give us an idea of how much you're willing to spend in order to get sensible recommendations. Manhattan is relatively small so you don't have to stay close to the cruise terminal. Most places are just a short taxi ride away.

I called them to see what's up with their service. They are a monthly garage parking rental company and new to offering their service to cruise ship passengers. Looks like they have all good reviews. This isn't an endorsement, but hell... I'm giving them a try.

I have plenty of insurance and we'll bring the Leased car!!! Worst case... After a wonderful cruise on the GEM, we get to go car shopping again when we get home Feb 1st. Potamkin Cadillac is right down the street from the pier and the money saved is more than my deductible!!

Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year!!!!

I called them to see what's up with their service. They are a monthly garage parking rental company and new to offering their service to cruise ship passengers. Looks like they have all good reviews. This isn't an endorsement, but hell... I'm giving them a try.

I have plenty of insurance and we'll bring the Leased car!!! Worst case... After a wonderful cruise on the GEM, we get to go car shopping again when we get home Feb 1st. Potamkin Cadillac is right down the street from the pier and the money saved is more than my deductible!!

Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year!!!!

Lol. My friend just got put $900 into debt repair befor she gave back the leased bmw