meet and mingle

JIMDSB2

We will be sailing on the Sapphire Princess in March. My question is where and when does the Meet and Mingle meet??

Is it for the people in the roll call only,bor is it for anyone on board listed in the Princess Patter?

We will be sailing on the Sapphire Princess in March. My question is where and when does the Meet and Mingle meet??

Is it for the people in the roll call only,bor is it for anyone on board listed in the Princess Patter?

Usually it is setup through the roll call and not mentioned in the patter. Join your roll call and ask if there is a meet and greet set up for the sailing.

If you are sailing in March, 2016, find your Roll Call here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/?cruise_line_id=28&ship_id=300&sailing_date=201603

Edited by ar1950

"Meet & Mingle" is, I believe, Royal Caribbean terminology and through an agreement with Cruise Critic, passengers can sign up for a get-together directly through a link on CC.

Princess does it differently as it's passenger organized through the roll call for the specific cruise. The volunteer organizer gathers the names and makes the arrangements with Princess which provides a meeting place but no drinks or snacks. I've found the Princess Meet & Greets to be more fun as the people on the roll call really want to meet others onboard rather than show up for a free drink.

If someone doesn't set it up it won't happen, even if they do it may just be in a bar, and not closed to others, Princess don't seem real interested in them.

And given the comparatively small numbers I don't wonder why.

If someone doesn't set it up it won't happen, even if they do it may just be in a bar, and not closed to others, Princess don't seem real interested in them.

On our last Princess cruise both the cruise director and the captain came. I was quite impressed as I'd never seen anyone other than a bar tender at the meets on another line. It wasn't a huge group...maybe 50 people.

The Captain has shown up at many of the Princess M&Gs we have attended. One of them had over 300 roll call members in attendance - had to be held in one of the main dining rooms. I like it much better when it is organized by the roll call, not the cruise line.

Edited by mreasier

You don't want it advertised on the Patter.

Bad things happen when those non members who show up think its a complaint session. :eek: Have seen it first hand, its not pretty.

Even if a sign is posted outside the meeting place it should say "CC" M&G etc.

We always find that about 50% of the RC or less show up.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The Captain has shown up at many of the Princess M&Gs we have attended. One of them had over 300 roll call members in attendance - had to be held in one of the main dining rooms. I like it much better when it is organized by the roll call, not the cruise line.

But even 300 is only about 10% on most ships.

On Princess it's called "Meet & Greet".

Someone on your roll call needs to set it up with Princess.

Princess does not do it automatically.

Do check your roll call to see if anyone has a M&G set up for your sailing. :)

Thanks to all. I am actually the person that's going to set it up for our Roll Call and I wanted to know the procedure. My only question is that we are still 3 months away and have around 40 people, so i font have the foggiest what the final number will be. Can only guess!!.

Thanks to all. I am actually the person that's going to set it up for our Roll Call and I wanted to know the procedure. My only question is that we are still 3 months away and have around 40 people, so i font have the foggiest what the final number will be. Can only guess!!.

If you do a search (search box on the upper right) on the Princess boards for meet and greet you should find some helpful past threads on the subject. For instance, here is one that is somewhat recent:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275882

Links to more:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/search/results.cfm?q=meet+and+greet+procedures&x=0&y=0

Not filtered totally for Princess, btw. CC's search engine leaves a bit to be desired.

Edited by ar1950

Not sure which ship you are sailing on, but you will need to contact Princess to coordinate. They will ask you to provide a confirmed number 14 days before sailing. I set ours up on the Coral, and this is the email response I received after the initial contact:

On Mar 31, 2014, at 2:18 PM, bgrayr@princesscruises.com wrote:

Hello Mark

Your Cruise Critic Meet & Greet has been confirmed for April 18, in the

Wheelhouse for 32 guests from 11am to 12pm.

The Wheelhouse Bar will be more comfortable with this size of group.

The below is what we always provide whenever a we have a Cruise Critic Meet

& Greet:

No-host Open Bar

Dry Snacks

Request to have Captain and any senior staff attend (work schedule

permitting)

You will be receiving a confirmation in your cabin, however, it will be

your responsibility to advise the other passengers when and where the Meet

and Greet will take place.

Also please provide me confirmed guest attendance count no later than 14

days from sail.

Regards,

Rosanne Pennucci on behalf of

Bernadine Grayr

Group Services

Coral and Ruby Princess

Ext. 44448

(661) 284-4448

If you want a few officers etc to attend......

Its a good idea to try and have the M&G before Noon.

We have been told that they have senior mgt. meetings early in the afternoon so its hard for many of them to attend.