Missed Upsell Offer

SteelMagnolia9

Received an upsell offer via email this morning (my first ever) from my mid-ship balcony to a 2 bedroom family suite, $500/pp. Email came in at 9:09 a.m., called at 9:39 a.m. when I saw the email and the offer was already gone. They offered me a 2 bedroom suite in The Haven for $1500/pp and I passed.

Received an upsell offer via email this morning (my first ever) from my mid-ship balcony to a 2 bedroom family suite, $500/pp. Email came in at 9:09 a.m., called at 9:39 a.m. when I saw the email and the offer was already gone. They offered me a 2 bedroom suite in The Haven for $1500/pp and I passed.

Can you please tell me the ship and sail date? Thanks.

I am on Breakaway January 3-17th (14 nights), I called the upsell department this morning around 9:30am and was offered the Haven 2 Bedroom Suite for $2000 ($1000 per person, 1st 2 only, we are 2 adults and 1 child). We took it!

I took the H6 AFT PH on 9 for $500 pp from the M1 on the same sailing. This time next week we will be sailing, cannot wait for this week to be over

I took the H6 AFT PH on 9 for $500 pp from the M1 on the same sailing. This time next week we will be sailing, cannot wait for this week to be over

That sounds great!

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :D

See you in the Haven waiting area.

I am on Breakaway January 3-17th (14 nights), I called the upsell department this morning around 9:30am and was offered the Haven 2 Bedroom Suite for $2000 ($1000 per person, 1st 2 only, we are 2 adults and 1 child). We took it!

Did you have an upsell email? Or did you just call and see what happens? Thanks!

I have no experience with upsells so forgive my ignorance but are you saying you paid an additional $2000 on top of whatever you paid for cruise to get in the Haven?

Yes, $2000 more. Considering we only paid $3000 for the original 7 day cruise, then an additional $50 to change to the 14 days, $2000 to spend 14 days in the Haven was a steal.

I did not receive an email, I just called 1-800-625-4309.

Yes, $2000 more. Considering we only paid $3000 for the original 7 day cruise, then an additional $50 to change to the 14 days, $2000 to spend 14 days in the Haven was a steal.

I did not receive an email, I just called 1-800-625-4309.

The 2 bdr is great and having the extra room is wonderful. 2 bathrooms is the bonus. Enjoy you got a great deal.

The 2 bdr is great and having the extra room is wonderful. 2 bathrooms is the bonus. Enjoy you got a great deal.

Thanks. This will be the vacation of a lifetime. I don't know the next time we will have the extra money to spend on such an extravagance. I just finished chemotherapy for breast cancer on December 17th, so this is a very special occasion.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I understood correctly. Enjoy your cruise.

Yes, you're got it right. It cost us $5450 for 3 of us total. That included the Ultimate Beverage Package as well which we always like to have. On a 14 day cruise, it would have cost us the extra $2000 just to purchase it. Totally worth it to us. :D

Edited by ncklhaus

Thanks. This will be the vacation of a lifetime. I don't know the next time we will have the extra money to spend on such an extravagance. I just finished chemotherapy for breast cancer on December 17th, so this is a very special occasion.

Yes, you're got it right. It cost us $5450 for 3 of us total. That included the Ultimate Beverage Package as well which we always like to have. On a 14 day cruise, it would have cost us the extra $2000 just to purchase it. Totally worth it to us. :D

Enjoy!!

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Congrats! I took the wife on a cruise a few years ago after she finished her chemo for colon cancer so I understand how special it is. The wife is cancer free for 3 yrs now and I hope you have the same success.

WOW! You got a great deal. And congratulations on finishing chemo!!!

We are on the same cruise. We got the email 2 weeks ago and were offered the forward, aft and penthouse Haven rooms at $500pp (the two bedroom that you got at the same $1000pp) or the Haven Spa Suite for $750pp. We took the spa suite because we had already paid $598 for spa passes and we got that back so it really only cost us $900 to upgrade. The access to the spa cinched the deal for us. That and in 10+ NCL cruises we have never been in the Haven! You have lots more room and a second bathroom. If we were three, I would have definitely taken the room you got! Congrats!!! Hoping to meet you on the cruise!

Gina

Edited by mamagina

WOW! You got a great deal. And congratulations on finishing chemo!!!

We are on the same cruise. We got the email 2 weeks ago and were offered the forward, aft and penthouse Haven rooms at $500pp (the two bedroom that you got at the same $1000pp) or the Haven Spa Suite for $750pp. We took the spa suite because we had already paid $598 for spa passes and we got that back so it really only cost us $900 to upgrade. The access to the spa cinched the deal for us. That and in 10+ NCL cruises we have never been in the Haven! You have lots more room and a second bathroom. If we were three, I would have definitely taken the room you got! Congrats!!! Hoping to meet you on the cruise!

Gina

Looking forward to meeting you too!

Congrats! I took the wife on a cruise a few years ago after she finished her chemo for colon cancer so I understand how special it is. The wife is cancer free for 3 yrs now and I hope you have the same success.

Congrats to your wife and Thanks! I was already 28 years cancer free from childhood Leukemia, so this is one more notch in my belt. :p And this go 'round I was able to keep my hair because I used the cold cap therapy during each treatment. A week after the cruise I get my new boobs.:D