When are shore excursions available to view/book?

elusive_23

Hello all,

I searched the forums but was unable to find an answer to this. I've only sailed with Azamara once and I don't recall when the shore excursions were "released" to view and book. I have booked and paid the deposit for the October 24th, 2016 Arabian Gulf and Emirates voyage and am unable to access the shore excursions through My Azamara. When do the shore excursions typically become available?

I should note when I try to access it (and on-line check in) on different days and times I receive this message: "We are unable to handle your request due to system maintenance. Please try again later." So either they are doing major system maintenance over Christmas or it just means those documents are not available yet.

Thanks!

-Katie

I found the shore excursions book on the voyage page at the bottom after looking a bit harder. But am still unable to book any. At this point that is not a big deal as I just wanted the brochure!

Edited by elusive_23

How can I find more information regarding an excursion on 10/09/16 from Honfleur.

I am interested in doing the Caen Peace Memorial tour, but I want to know more details; do we actually go to any of the beaches and if so which ones?

"Begin with a scenic drive through the countryside of Normandy to Caen near the Normandy Beaches and site of one of the fiercest battles of WWII. Caen, which lies on the edge of flat country opening into northern France, became the hinge of the Allied advance out of their Normandy beachhead."
Edited by upwarduk

I have the same question but more generalized.

How far in advance of any given Az cruise are the shore excursions that will be available for that cruise typically posted, for examining and/or booking? Is is 1 year, 2 years, six months, three weeks, 2 days, what? If I have a cruise booked for, say, February 2017, when should I start looking for shore excursions?

Edited by jan-n-john

I have the same question but more generalized.

How far in advance of any given Az cruise are the shore excursions that will be available for that cruise typically posted, for examining and/or booking? Is is 1 year, 2 years, six months, three weeks, 2 days, what? If I have a cruise booked for, say, February 2017, when should I start looking for shore excursions?

One thing you can do before the shore excursions for your cruise are posted is check the shore excursions for your ports on upcoming Azamara cruises. There's no guarantee that they will offer the same list, but my experience has been that they tend to be pretty similar. BTW, when the shore excursions for your cruise first come up don't be surprised if the list seems a little thin -- they will keep adding new excursions as they sign contracts with the local providers.