Mini bar exchanges

moonhunter

The Questions section of the Captain's Circle site doesn't state options for exchanging beer beyond getting non-alcoholic drinks. I exchange the mini bottles (50ml) of alcohol for beer but do not know if you can exchange beer for mini bottles of alcohol.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

We have exchanged the beer for gin on our last 4 cruises with no problems.

Mike:)

In addition to what's been reported: the beer can be swapped for Bud, Bud Light, Miller, MGD, whatever is not premium beer (Heinekin, Stella, IPA). Did it Nov 2015 on the Star.

I've previously exchanged some of the standard Dos Equis for Becks which has been replaced by Heineken & as you said it's not an exchange option.

Good luck with the exchanges. Just off the Ruby on Sunday from a B2B. Called Room Service the first day to exchange the alcohol for a coffee card and the water and soda for other soda. Was told by Room Service the only options were to keep the entire mini bar or exchange all of it for 2 coffee cards. No other options were available. Went to Passenger Services and the lady checked and told me that the Captain Circle Host is the person responsible for the Room Service and Elite mini bar setup. Went to the Captain Circle Host and asked why the policy on the ship is different from what is on the Princess Web Site and she asked what policy. I walked her thru getting on the Princess Web Site and when she got to the exchange part, she disconnected and told me it was her policy and that it is final. Needless to say, I wrote her up on the survey for not following policy.

Good luck with the exchanges. Just off the Ruby on Sunday from a B2B. Called Room Service the first day to exchange the alcohol for a coffee card and the water and soda for other soda. Was told by Room Service the only options were to keep the entire mini bar or exchange all of it for 2 coffee cards. No other options were available. Went to Passenger Services and the lady checked and told me that the Captain Circle Host is the person responsible for the Room Service and Elite mini bar setup. Went to the Captain Circle Host and asked why the policy on the ship is different from what is on the Princess Web Site and she asked what policy. I walked her thru getting on the Princess Web Site and when she got to the exchange part, she disconnected and told me it was her policy and that it is final. Needless to say, I wrote her up on the survey for not following policy.

Ruby was the ship we took for Canada/Colonial America in October 2014 and we had no questions at all about swapping alcohol (Dos Equis) for alcohol (Beefeater) in both of our mini bars. We were also on her two more times last spring and did the same swap.

Do you remember who the CC host was?

Unfortunately I do not remember her name. Sorry. Also, I was on the Emerald in January 2015 and had the same issue. I did not pursue it. This time I decided to pursue it to find out why it was happening. Will be watching to see if any one else had had problems with exchanges.

This is not new......

It has not been an option that I have seen to split the mini bar for the coffee cards.

Its always been all or none.

Can you post the statement from the website that one can split the mini bar for one coffee card? I would like to see that too.

I have not seen that.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Where on the Princess website does it say you can exchange the alcohol for ONE coffee card? Based on what I have been told, it is either all for TWO coffee cards or nothing. i.e. you can't mix and match with the coffee cards. I just looked it up again at: https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

This seems to confirm what you were told. What am I missing? Here is the text from the link:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

•Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

•Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

•All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

Then what you did was to improperly write her up for following their clearly stated Princess minibar policy that we can exchange the "full" minibar for 2 coffee cards.

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

The Captain's Circle benefit's website has never stated we could split things to get 1 coffee card & I know of only one person who sailed solo & after a considerably amount of effort (pre cruise & during the cruise) Princess relented & gave him only 1 soda card with some non-alcoholic drinks.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Then what you did was to incorrectly write her up for following their clearly stated Princess minibar policy that we can exchange the "full" minibar for 2 coffee cards.

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

The Captain's Circle benefit's website has never stated we could split things to get 1 coffee card & I know of only one person who sailed solo & after a considerably amount of effort (pre cruise & during the cruise) Princess relented & gave him only 1 soda card with some non-alcoholic drinks.

I agree. I misread the OP's original post so it seems she was following policy.

Edited by bhopal21

My, my...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My, my...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No kidding! :eek:

It's not easy dealing with the public & I thought she used great restraint by just disconnecting with anyone who insists they are correct when in reality the customer is completely wrong. :rolleyes:

No kidding! :eek:

It's not easy dealing with the public & I thought she used great restraint by just disconnecting with anyone who insists they are correct when in reality the customer is completely wrong. :rolleyes:

Amen to that!

Back on topic, on our Crown cruise 2 weeks ago I called Room Service to swap the ENTIRE mini-bar setup for 2 coffee cards, they sent someone out with the 2 cards within like 15 minutes and he also took the contents of the mini bar with him. Easy!

Amen to that!

Back on topic, on our Crown cruise 2 weeks ago I called Room Service to swap the ENTIRE mini-bar setup for 2 coffee cards, they sent someone out with the 2 cards within like 15 minutes and he also took the contents of the mini bar with him. Easy!

Yes...on a b2b we contacted Room Service near the end of the first cruise to request the coffee cards instead of having to exchange the minibar setup. They happily brought us our 2 coffee cards in an envelope at the end of the 1st cruise which helped to reduce their workload. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Was the voyage number and ship name marked on the back of the coffee cards or were they left blank?

I have two that are brown from a couple of years ago. Thoughts if they can be used? No date/ship name.

Yes. They never expire as long as they still have punches left. You probably won't be able to get free brewed coffee though..

Edited by Kenswing

We are elite and in a suite so we get 2 mini bar set ups. Can we keep one and trade the other for2 coffee cards?

I've never been in a suite to get 2 minibars however our elite minibar is exchangeable for 2 coffee cards so you can make the trade.

Several times I've read that elite level passengers only received one minibar when in a suite & if that happens request the 2nd minibar for being in a suite. :)