Mini bar exchanges

moonhunter

We will be on the Crown later this year. We will be in a mini suite. If we don't want anything in the mini bar do we just ask that someone come and take everything out? We need the space for medications and soda?

Thanks

We just take everything out and put it behind the TV's..

We will be on the Crown later this year. We will be in a mini suite. If we don't want anything in the mini bar do we just ask that someone come and take everything out? We need the space for medications and soda?

Thanks

The discussion has been about exchanging the free elite minibar which is larger than what will be in your cabin's mini fridge.

Just ask your cabin steward to remove the contents of your fridge & those items will be removed. Sometimes they're still in your cabin & have seen them in a pillowcase under the bed.

Or do this...

We just take everything out and put it behind the TV's..
Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks

To answer your question yes they will come and remove it.

• 7 months later...
The discussion has been about exchanging the free elite minibar which is larger than what will be in your cabin's mini fridge.

Just ask your cabin steward to remove the contents of your fridge & those items will be removed. Sometimes they're still in your cabin & have seen them in a pillowcase under the bed.

Or do this...

First I've heard/thought about this.

We will be in a full suite. Besides the complimentary suite mini-bar set-up, will there be additional items in the mini fridge that we have to have removed? :confused:

Also, is diet ginger ale an option for the mini bar?

First I've heard/thought about this.

We will be in a full suite. Besides the complimentary suite mini-bar set-up, will there be additional items in the mini fridge that we have to have removed? :confused:

Also, is diet ginger ale an option for the mini bar?

Well, to quote myself....!

I got the answer about the ginger ale from 2 of my favorite posters on another thread.

But, still wondering if there is anything additional in the mini fridge that we should have removed?

I feel quite sure this question has been posed a number of times, but never quite like this. We have been elite for a while and have changed our mini bar for a bottle of wine ($30) or two coffee cards ($60), but I think we would be much better off to keep the liquor ad soft drinks. The problem is, we would want to trade the sodas for Diet Coke ad most of the liquor for gin or vodka. How can we go about communicating that? It seems like we would be way ahead on the money doing this, but it is a lot to communicate over the phone.

I do it all the time. My cabin Seward takes care of it for me. I just tell him what I like to exchang.

Tony

• 1 month later...
Then what you did was to improperly write her up for following their clearly stated Princess minibar policy that we can exchange the "full" minibar for 2 coffee cards.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

The Captain's Circle benefit's website has never stated we could split things to get 1 coffee card & I know of only one person who sailed solo & after a considerably amount of effort (pre cruise & during the cruise) Princess relented & gave him only 1 soda card with some non-alcoholic drinks.

On my last cruise, Star Princess 10/26/2016, I asked to exchange my minibar for all water. If the trade is supposed to be (8) 1.5 liter bottles it would be the same as (24) 0.5 liter bottles, but all they would give me was (18) 0.5 liter bottles. Have they changed things, or did this person not know the exchanges?

On my last cruise, Star Princess 10/26/2016, I asked to exchange my minibar for all water. If the trade is supposed to be (8) 1.5 liter bottles it would be the same as (24) 0.5 liter bottles, but all they would give me was (18) 0.5 liter bottles. Have they changed things, or did this person not know the exchanges?

Since it's the same amount of water it probably depends on their available inventory to determine whether it's (8) 1.5 liter bottles or (24) 0.5 liter bottles.

They now offer (12) 0.5 liter bottles to preorder & including tip it's less than $7. That may result in having more 0.5 liter bottles instead of 1.5 liter bottles.

Since it's the same amount of water it probably depends on their available inventory to determine whether it's (8) 1.5 liter bottles or (24) 0.5 liter bottles.

They now offer (12) 0.5 liter bottles to preorder & including tip it's less than $7. That may result in having more 0.5 liter bottles instead of 1.5 liter bottles.

I think you misread what I said. If the minibar trade for water states that you get (8) 1.5 liter bottles then it’s the same as (24) 0.5 liter bottles of water. But, they did NOT give that to me. They would only give me (18) 0.5 liter bottles. That is (6) bottles or 3 liters short of the amount of water they said they would give. I don’t know if they didn’t know the rules or they couldn’t do the math for the conversion of 1.5 liter bottles to 0.5 liter bottles.

Edited by TwoCruisers

• 9 months later...

Up until our March Crown cruise they would always let me change booze or beer to Miller lite. But would only let me change to Dos Equis on March cruise. I didn't like that at all. Will try again on Regal in November.