Live "Oasis Jan 2nd 2016"

whitshel

Ports, at this point this is our plans for the ports.

Labadee - Cabana. Ya right, now that they doubled the price, no way. The last 2 times we were at Labadee we rented cabanas and shared the cost, but now at $500, it's way out of our budget.

f43b6051da380d951bf2347ec8d51f25.jpg

So I think we will just sit on the beach for a few hours and maybe parasail. Dd's will be doing the roller coaster. Do they still offer the all day pass? Then get back on the ship and explore.

Falmouth-we will be doing the Red Stripe beach break. We did this back in April and it was pretty nice.

6f7d921eefb8a9f579945843960ef25b.jpg

Here are a couple pics from our NOS cruise.

decf3b9dea82b408991d3c960c12d420.jpg

6e57b0c6a01583c4978d6884f78467ce.jpg

368ad08da1e9b9ff68c047ad54a4aada.jpg

Then some of us want to explore outside the gates. Oooooh, ahhhhhh....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Cozumel-the last 3 times we were in Cozumel we rented cars and drove the island. This time I think just go downtown n shop. We definitely have to hit the Ron Jon shop. We always hit one of the stores in Florida When we are there, we also have Ron Jon Vegas shirts, so we really need Ron Jon Cozumel shirts.

79cb5efe7c98005fe07303eb3cad7215.jpg

Then we want to check out the chocolate factory. Had any one done this? Just wanted to get some thoughts on it.

b3a18269e6d7be6ae8479bb56b34a8d4.jpg

If time permits, maybe do a little snorkeling at the money bar.

Wow... can't get over the snow and cold temps in Texas!! :eek: We don't even have that much snow in Canada right now! ;) Have a fantastic cruise!

I was thinking exactly what you said when I saw the pictures. It looked like they had some ice fog, or hoarfrost the night before. For us that drive would be a walk in the park, but if you are from SoCal it might not be as much fun.:eek: Texas and New Mexico has more snow than we in London, Ontario have had this winter. In fact a few weeks ago we were warmer than San Francisco was. I am happy to read that the OP doesn't have to drive any further.

The photos look great, but the pics from the Caribbean look much better. :)

Edited by A&L_Ont

I was thinking exactly what you said when I saw the pictures. It looked like they had some ice fog, or hoarfrost the night before. For us that drive would be a walk in the park, but if you are from SoCal it might not be as much fun.:eek: Texas and New Mexico has more snow than we in London, Ontario have had this winter. In fact a few weeks ago we were warmer than San Francisco was. I am happy to read that the OP doesn't have to drive any further.

The photos look great, but the pics from the Caribbean look much better. :)

Ya, it was crazy, especially happening 1 day before we left. We were all pretty disappointed that we could make it to the Carlsbad Caverns. They said on the news here last night that it was ice fog, never heard of that but hey, something new.

Only 2 more days, getting excited!

Again, I will be here to answer questions about the sailing or ship so dont be afraid to ask about anything and I willl try and find the answer for you. Some things that I am look for,

1. Drink cards or C&A discounts for packages-I don't drink a ton, so I couldn't make a drink package worth it or I'd be sh**faced all the time (and none of us want that:eek:) so i'll be curious to see if they offer the cards. I just read a review from the Oasis western itinerary that they were offered on day 2. I sure hope so

2. Dinning Package- Just to see how it works and if the inflated prices are here to stay. Again reported a couple weeks ago, Chops now $45, 150 CP $45, Hibachi $35, Solarium Bistro $25, Giovannis Table $30.

3. Next Cruise- We definitely plan on having a balance on our seapass so we will book another cruise. Just not sure where. We have the Summit out of San Jaun booked for 2017 (no road trips there tho :D) via a next cruise from our NOS cruise.

4. Zoom-We booked early so we didn't get the free zoom offer but will get the package. I'll report back on the pricing with the Diamond discount. I plan on getting a single device plan (wife says she'll just steal mine once n a while) and DD's will get the 2 device plan. Still not sure when I will get it. Probably use 4g on Saturday as much as possible, use one of our free days (coupon) for Sunday and then buy the rest of the week minus our other coupon for $45.

So anything else anyone needs to know or wants a pic of, let me know and I will start compiling a list.

Tapatalk makes this really easy!

Edited by whitshel

my cruise will be on 1/30 and I also have 300 OBC. I intend to use it for 3 days package. Please let me know how it goes. I want to try chop grill central 150 and Japan restaurant . My hubby are not interested either Italian or Mexican restaurant. Thanks. Looking forward to all your view:)

Again, I will be here to answer questions about the sailing or ship so dont be afraid to ask about anything and I willl try and find the answer for you. Some things that I am look for,

1. Drink cards or C&A discounts for packages-I don't drink a ton, so I couldn't make a drink package worth it or I'd be sh**faced all the time (and none of us want that:eek:) so i'll be curious to see if they offer the cards. I just read a review from the Oasis western itinerary that they were offered on day 2. I sure hope so

2. Dinning Package- Just to see how it works and if the inflated prices are here to stay. Again reported a couple weeks ago, Chops now $45, 150 CP $45, Hibachi $35, Solarium Bistro $25, Giovannis Table $30.

3. Next Cruise- We definitely plan on having a balance on our seapass so we will book another cruise. Just not sure where. We have the Summit out of San Jaun booked for 2017 (no road trips there tho :D) via a next cruise from our NOS cruise.

4. Zoom-We booked early so we didn't get the free zoom offer but will get the package. I'll report back on the pricing with the Diamond discount. I plan on getting a single device plan (wife says she'll just steal mine once n a while) and DD's will get the 2 device plan. Still not sure when I will get it. Probably use 4g on Saturday as much as possible, use one of our free days (coupon) for Sunday and then buy the rest of the week minus our other coupon for $45.

So anything else anyone needs to know or wants a pic of, let me know and I will start compiling a list.

Tapatalk makes this really easy!

#1 Not getting "****faced" is exactly why I didn't buy a drink package for this cruise. I've done that in the past[emoji45]

There's just to much to do on the Oasis to be drunk all the time. I'm not judging anyone who does, just saying I know from personal experience, I lost a lot of time doing that in the past.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Really enjoying the review, our family will be taking a road trip about this time next year from Arkansas to ft. Lauderdale..... Our last road trip was to New Orleans, great fun times before cruising....I'm kinda wondering about the weather we could face... We won't be on oasis but on harmony next Jan, reviews such as yours keep the excitement going. Thanks! Be safe in your travels and have a great cruise.... Will continue watching this thread to the end :)

Thanks for the love review! We will be on the Oasis on this same itinerary on January 30, and I am in the same B1 Cabin 11729. you are at the end of deck 11

So I will find your review very interesting! My group has cabins 11725, 27, and 29 so we have 3 in a row. I would love to see pictures of the cabin and the views from the balcony. We are hoping that we can open the dividers between the balconies and have a long, open balcony.

I know you are going to report on the internet and drink packages costs with the diamond discount and I am very interested as to the costs and how they work. So thanks in advance for your information.

We liked Park place on Allure and we are hoping the food is still as good there now. It used to be a good place to eat on embarkation day, but I don't know if that is still true. Maybe too many people have figured out the secret?

Oasis has the freestyle Coke machines so you should be able to get Coke Zero all the time. I am curious as to where the machines are located.

I hope you have a great cruise to start off your new year! Thanks for taking us along with you !

Thanks for the love review! We will be on the Oasis on this same itinerary on January 30, and I am in the same B1 Cabin 11729. you are at the end of deck 11

So I will find your review very interesting! My group has cabins 11725, 27, and 29 so we have 3 in a row. I would love to see pictures of the cabin and the views from the balcony. We are hoping that we can open the dividers between the balconies and have a long, open balcony.

I know you are going to report on the internet and drink packages costs with the diamond discount and I am very interested as to the costs and how they work. So thanks in advance for your information.

We liked Park place on Allure and we are hoping the food is still as good there now. It used to be a good place to eat on embarkation day, but I don't know if that is still true. Maybe too many people have figured out the secret?

Oasis has the freestyle Coke machines so you should be able to get Coke Zero all the time. I am curious as to where the machines are located.

I hope you have a great cruise to start off your new year! Thanks for taking us along with you !

The last time I was aboard there were 2 on each side of the Windjammer, two on the Royal Promenade next to Sorrento's, and one in the Wipeout Cafe. Things may have, however, changed.

The last time I was aboard there were 2 on each side of the Windjammer, two on the Royal Promenade next to Sorrento's, and one in the Wipeout Cafe. Things may have, however, changed.

I've heard, but never verified there is one in the Adventure Ocean area. Otherwise you are right.

I've heard, but never verified there is one in the Adventure Ocean area. Otherwise you are right.

There was one in the arcade on deck 15, but I can't remember if it was on Oasis or Allure. By the end of the day it was always low on selection compared to the other locations.

Like BillOh said, you might want to check it out.

Safe travels and Happy New Year. We're waiting for you in Fort Lauderdale. You.ll need to get up around 4:30 if you want to get pictures of Oasis sailing into the port. 82 and partly cloudy in Fort Lauderdale

Awesome! Thanks for the update! Our flight leaves here at 4:50pm and we get in around 8:15pm. Getting all the last minute things takes care of.

Great review. We were on board a week ago over Christmas so it will be interesting to see if the prices have come down at all or if they are keeping them high.

We did the road trip as well but driving down from the North as opposed to heading east. I have to say you had much better scenery than we did. The majority of the great scenery (mountains)on our trip is unfortunately always through the middle of the night.

As Andrew mentioned, don't miss the ice show with the sand art. If you happen to see Conrad in the DL say high to him from Ken, Vikki, Sarah and Toby. If you mention that we are the family that was upstairs in the lounge every night playing cards he will remember us.

Enjoy your trip. We did.:)

Edited by Ourusualbeach

At the airport waiting to leave. Only 2 little hours to get to ffl. Here is our plane at the gate [emoji4]

d5ecdd74db5764ba1479c0a87d9979ec.jpg

We had a great time with our friends last night. Nothing crazy, just chatted and visited. Watched the ball drop on NY time and went back to the hotel. Here is our group from last night.

fcbe0864485453ee07eec19c99940d2b.jpg

Alright it's boarding time :)

Talk to ya'll in a couple hours [emoji574]