Does anyone else think that Carnival's website is pathetic?

cruiseonthebrain

I have been trying for over two hours to give Carnival a crap load of money for excursions and pre cruise purchases. But the site keeps re routing and freezing. I am trying to be realistic but it has taken two hours of me trying to give them money and them causing grief. I seriously want to scream right now. If I could get DH's money back I would scrap the whole cruise at this point.

Without being specific about my computer/website experience, I can attest they need A LOT of help!! NCL's is also not very user-friendly but that could be due to them trying to utilize so many package choices to choose from.

I am usually the one to help others with computer/software/hardware/Internet issues and Carnival's site definitely needs attention.

I have been trying for over two hours to give Carnival a crap load of money for excursions and pre cruise purchases. But the site keeps re routing and freezing. I am trying to be realistic but it has taken two hours of me trying to give them money and them causing grief. I seriously want to scream right now. If I could get DH's money back I would scrap the whole cruise at this point.

Some times switching to a different browser can help.

This ! If the Carnival website were at fault, others would have noticed it also. It is always best to assume the issue in on your end if you are the only one having an issue.

The issue in cases like this is almost always an issue with your computer setup and your browser, settings, cache, etc.

As others have stated, I have used Carnival's website extensively to book and search cruises, do mock bookings to determine the best price I can get, check price changes, search, book and pay for excursions as well as online check in. With almost no exceptions it works as it should.

Never had a problem with giving Carnival money lol

RCL however, has been the absolute worst with both customer service and user friendly-ness on their booking systems and phone reps.

Shame it's such an attractive product. I'm a glutton for punishment!

The only problems that I have had is when they (thankfully temporarily) switched their "Find a cruise page" to one that was all pictures and was practically impossible to find or print what you wanted.

I find CCL much easier it use than RCI, NCL, or MSC. Celebrity and Holland were also easy to use.

This is true. IE is a piece of crap. I've been using Google Chrome for several years and it runs faster with fewer hang ups than any other browser I've ever used.

Edited by Who Cares?

I know I am whining- I just want give them freakin money, take a hot bath and go to sleep. Why won't they take my money????? So frustrating.

Since it is upsetting you not to be able to give your money to them quickly, you are welcome to give money to me! I won't give you anything when you get on board the ship but you'll get to your hot bath and bed more quickly! LOL!!!!!!

PS... I know it's frustrating but try to keep all this in perspective!

Edited by Jana60

I logged on yesterday to complete checkin, print boarding passes and order bottled water for my 1/7 cruise. . No problem with that stuff, then i got booted out and every time I logged back in, my upcoming cruise was gone. It looked like I didn't have any cruises booked. It was very frustrating. I was going to look at excursions.

Will hope for better luck today for both of us.

I think it used to be very user friendly. I have noticed alot. Especially searching for cruises. Very weird. I mean not so much with it being slow. But not user friendly. But, I can also agree all the bigger companies have horrible sites.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk