To Cheers or not....

AprilJ

Was just looking at one of the drink menus, frozen colada $7.50 + $2.00 for a floater.....this would be ok on Cheers right? And what about the $9.50 drink in the souvenir glass?

Souvenir glass not covered. You can get the same drinks, just ask for a regular non-souvenir glass.

I think we would easily drink the 6+ drinks per day to make it worth it...my only real concern I think is being first time cruisers I worry I may get seasick and not drink at all if my stomach is upset.

We get BONINE, it's 25 mg meclizine. Or you can get the generic. We take 2 pills the night before we board and then 2 each night till we disembark. We've never gotten sea sick, and I get car sick and my husband has vertigo. Hung over yes, but meclizine keeps us from being sick enough to hug the porcelain. We sail our 23rd cruise in 15 days.

Was just looking at one of the drink menus, frozen colada $7.50 + $2.00 for a floater.....this would be ok on Cheers right? And what about the $9.50 drink in the souvenir glass?

Cheers covers any drink up to $10. Anything over $10 you get a percentage off. I think it's 25%. not sure. But it also covers bottles if wine purchased. If you don't drink it all at dinner they will re cork and serve the next night. Souvenir glass as long as it's under $10. Hope this helps!!

The floater would not be allowed either. You would have to wait 5 minutes after ordering the initial drink ,then order a shot, and make it yourself but it would count as 2 drinks

This totally depends on your bar waiter....I promise.

does anyone know the price for the bucket of domestic beer? looking at pre ordering but its 24.00 real:)ly thinking of cheers

Order a beer with a bucket of ice. Tip your waiter a buck or two and ask him to bring you a beer every 5 minutes until you get your 4 ( which is a bucket) ask him not open them yet. Yes I do think it's $24 per bucket. But keep n mind your 4 beers ordered goes toward your 15 total drinks n a 24 hour period. 6am to 6 am

Sounds like you already booked Carnival - for others concerned with drinking costs, price compare what Carnival costs with and without Cheers to some of the other lines free drinking packages. You may be surprised at the savings!

If you mean savings on Carnival then yes. The 'free' drink package you can choose on other lines cost way more in the room charges. Each time I get the NCL offers I look at them but CCL is always much cheaper even when I add Cheers in. There are always an exception or two.

If you mean savings on Carnival then yes. The 'free' drink package you can choose on other lines cost way more in the room charges. Each time I get the NCL offers I look at them but CCL is always much cheaper even when I add Cheers in. There are always an exception or two.

We just returned from a cruise on regal princess. The drink package they offer is within carnival cost. I found on princess the drinks are truly unlimited but are much smaller and to a degree weaker than carnival. If you play your cards right and pay for a few drinks on carnival, with the cheers package, you will get enough to drink in a 24 hr period. I PROMISE!!

I disagree with the 15 drink limit, my husband will drink a portion of a beer and it gets hot so he does not drink the whole thing. If Carnival thinks no one should have more than 15 drinks a day, I understand, but using Cheers you can't but if you are buying individually you can have as many as you like?

It's not that they don't think you shouldn't have more than 15 drinks per day, it's just the cost factor. Their running a business.

Heard you cannot purchase Cheers in Galvestion the first day?

Is this true?

I believe this is true as it did state it right in the Cheers guidelines. Galveston, I believe due to some sort of Texas law, can't sell it until the 2nd day.

We definitely get our monies worth.:D But, 1st time we bought it I drove myself nuts trying to keep up with it, afraid we would "miss" hitting 15. Then, found out every time you order they will tell you where you are at. We consider ourselves big drinkers, but only hit 15 one day. And that was when I found a bartender that let me take unopened cans back to the room. (some were sodas) After that time, I now don't give it a 2nd thought. I just order what and when I want, I know how high our bill is without Cheers so know it is a good deal for us. Have a great cruise!:)

Soda and non alcoholic drinks DO NOT count towards the 15, right?

Soda and non alcoholic drinks DO NOT count towards the 15, right?

Right!

You can get Soda's with the Cheers???

Yes!

From the CHEERS Program Rules:

Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks.

Program allows for unlimited soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails.