2017 Itineraries Posted; Booking Questions

aaaaa

2017 itineraries are posted on the PG website -- no listings for April, May, or June.

Now, two questions about booking. First, if a cabin is reserved and a deposit placed now, will future sales prices be honored? Second, is there any recent input as to which porthole cabin would be most preferred (quiet)? Thank you!

2017 itineraries are posted on the PG website -- no listings for April, May, or June.

Now, two questions about booking. First, if a cabin is reserved and a deposit placed now, will future sales prices be honored? Second, is there any recent input as to which porthole cabin would be most preferred (quiet)? Thank you!

There are no listings as the ship will be in dry dock.

I think you will have to check with your agent about future sales pricing. I had to do this only once when it was Regent run and it was honoured.

Well, there goes that plan.

I've been waiting a year for the 2017 itineraries to come out...our 20th anniversary is in June and I had my heart set on the PG. (I'm oddly sentimental and really want to our trip to be over the actual anniversary date.) Couldn't figure out why I couldn't find any itineraries in June so I came here...

And now I learn they're in drydock for the entire spring? Well, now on to Plan B...Alaska? Caribbean? Europe?

Guess the PG will have to wait till our 25th in 2022! :(

Well, there goes that plan.

I've been waiting a year for the 2017 itineraries to come out...our 20th anniversary is in June and I had my heart set on the PG. (I'm oddly sentimental and really want to our trip to be over the actual anniversary date.) Couldn't figure out why I couldn't find any itineraries in June so I came here...

And now I learn they're in drydock for the entire spring? Well, now on to Plan B...Alaska? Caribbean? Europe?

Guess the PG will have to wait till our 25th in 2022! :(

While the PG will be in dry dock for some of those months it is likely they will offer cruises around Singapore, Papua etc. at least that is what they did last year. So, you may still be able to do the PG just not in FP.

Micmacmissey:

We also waited all year for the 2017 itineraries to plan a trip for our 30th anniversary. We ended up booking an 11 day Tahiti and Society Islamds cruise on Windstar. You might want to consider this as an option.

That is exactly what I'll do...my heart was just set on Tahiti and Society Islands! Thanks...and happy 30th!

Emdee, since you seem to be privy to the intimate details of their plans, when do you think they will make these itineraries available? I wouldn't mind sailing from Singapore on the PG!

Not privy to the plans at all. I just came to know about the dry dock because we were fixing the date for the reunion and I wanted yo make cure our teachers would be able to attend.

Why don't you ask PG directly.

M

Just FYI, I asked about discounts for Canadians in 2017. There is an across-the-board 10% discount for all cruises in 2017, but no 25% discount as yet. It's fairly certain that if our dollar remains weak, such discounts on select sailings will be offered, at a later date.

I also got a listing of cruises right before the drydock, but not after, i.e.:

15-Apr-17 Sat 13 Fiji, Tonga, Cook and Society Islands

29-Apr-17 Sat 16 Fiji to Bali

There's an earlier April itinerary that's a private charter.

Oh, and here's the rest of the itinerary after Singapore, up to the Reunion cruise:

07-Jun-17 Wed 17 Bali to Fiji

24-Jun-17 Sat 12 Fiji, Tonga, Cook and Society Islands

05-Jul-17 Wed 10 Society Islands & Tuamotus

15-Jul-17 Sat 11 Cook Islands & Society Islands

26-Jul-17 Wed 10 Cook and Society Islands Reunion Cruise

Miriam, it's mainly that Singapore would be a good base to do local travel, and visit some of David's colleagues. Never been to Bali--almost went two years ago but decided on Laos and Thailand instead.

Not sure we're up for such long-distance travel, especially planning it that far in the future. And the prices of these itineraries are quite high. All that being equal, Bali to Fiji or reverse sounds pretty good to me.

Oh, and here's the rest of the itinerary after Singapore, up to the Reunion cruise:

07-Jun-17 Wed 17 Bali to Fiji

24-Jun-17 Sat 12 Fiji, Tonga, Cook and Society Islands

05-Jul-17 Wed 10 Society Islands & Tuamotus

15-Jul-17 Sat 11 Cook Islands & Society Islands

26-Jul-17 Wed 10 Cook and Society Islands Reunion Cruise

Miriam, it's mainly that Singapore would be a good base to do local travel, and visit some of David's colleagues. Never been to Bali--almost went two years ago but decided on Laos and Thailand instead.

Not sure we're up for such long-distance travel, especially planning it that far in the future. And the prices of these itineraries are quite high. All that being equal, Bali to Fiji or reverse sounds pretty good to me.

If you do visit Bali I have a great car and driver. It's definitely worth a visit.

I know what you mean about long distance travel and I am so happy that I have finished seeing the Far East.